PDA

View Full Version : scalp massages

RubyRose
November 4th, 2009, 08:09 AM
How often do you have them done? Do you do it yourself or do you have someone else massage your scalp? It's really hard for me to massage my scalp when it's not wet. Is it supposed to be wet?
I looked for remaining threads on the subect, and I didn't find any. I'm sorry if I missed one lol

Gulbahar
November 4th, 2009, 08:16 AM
How often do you have them done? Do you do it yourself or do you have someone else massage your scalp? It's really hard for me to massage my scalp when it's not wet. Is it supposed to be wet?
I looked for remaining threads on the subect, and I didn't find any. I'm sorry if I missed one lol
There was an article about scalp massages, but I can't find it.
I massage my scalp at least once a week and I do it only with dry hair. Wet hair is too fragile, so I'm afraid to damage my hair while massaging.
What is your problem with massaging on dry hair? I find that much easier actually.

RubyRose
November 4th, 2009, 08:27 AM
My problem with it dry is that my scalp seems really tight and I can't feel the effects of my fingers as well as I can when it's wet.

Gulbahar
November 4th, 2009, 08:32 AM
My problem with it dry is that my scalp seems really tight and I can't feel the effects of my fingers as well as I can when it's wet.
Do you move your fingers over the scalp or do you move the scalp over the skullbone? Because the first method will pull on your hair and is not recommendable. If you use the second method you don't really have to "feel" the scalp.

mira-chan
November 4th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I do it a often as I remember but at least once a week for the pre-wash oiling. I do it with dry but oiled hair and scalp. It's really hard for me massage the scalp when my hair is actually wet.

RubyRose
November 4th, 2009, 08:41 AM
*lightbulb comes on* That makes perfect sense. Thank you.

It's a wonder I'm able to dress myself lol

I've also heard everything from massaging for at least one minute to at least 10. What would you recommend?

Jessikinz
November 4th, 2009, 11:52 PM
You can massage for however long you want. I usually do my scalp massages while I'm watching a t.v show. Which is usually 30 minutes or until my hands and arms get tired haha.