PDA

View Full Version : Rinsing vs Shampooing vs Conditioning

zsuper
November 4th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Just wondering what everyone's take on how often you should wash, shampoo, and condition their hair is.

I know you should only shampoo once every 2-3 days, but I never hear about how often you should condition, or how often you should rinse, which is leaving me wondering if I should rinse/condition less often.

Milui Elenath
November 4th, 2009, 06:37 AM
You will find a various amount of answers and opinions on here to those questions. :D

Some people do not wash every 2-3 days with shampoo - some wash every day or once a week or anywhere in between to not at all!

You can find various threads in the mane forum that detail different options such as

water only (WO), conditioner only (CO), No wash / sebum only,

also people wash with herbs, soapnuts, rinse with ACV etc etc. Its different for everyone and every hair type.

You should also have a look at the articles there is some great advice on typing your hair there among other things.

A general answer to your question would be if you are to stay with conventional products when your hair feels dry condition the length. (never the scalp as it should be oily enough.)

spidermom
November 4th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I rinse and condition more often than I wash with shampoo (about twice a week).

florenonite
November 4th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I only wet my hair when I wash it, as rinsing without shampoo just makes it greasy. Other people condition their hair between washes. You really just have to play around and see what works for your hair.

Vrushali
November 4th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I recently went back to washing twice a week. I do a heavy oiling the night before washing once a week but I do use the conditioner everytime I wash (I use dairy whip or CV bars usually with the new Garnier cone-less condish). I can however go with washing hair just once a week so long as I use a light conditioner like Giovanni else my hair goes limp by mid-week. I also use Kimberlily's de-frizz spray (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277&highlight=kimberlily) when I don't feel like washing my hair but just want to refresh it..:)

zsuper
November 4th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks.

I'm not sure how to type my hair because it's chemically straightened, which is where most of the confusion is coming from.
Originally, it was probably 2c/ M / ii
Currently, it's probably 1a/ F / i

Basically, do I treat it as it currently is, or do I treat it as it originally was?