PDA

View Full Version : Sitting on your hair: at what length?

Sam-I-Am
April 22nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
My major hair goal is to grow it out long enough to sit on. When I joined LHC I assumed that the sittable length was classic. But is it really?

For those who have/had hair long enough to sit on, tell me where it fell on your body the first time you sat on it!

(Ok, I'm trying to get the poll to work. I've never posted a poll before. Let's see how this works!)

(ETA: it worked!)

homeschoolmama
April 22nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
I've had my hair to the "sit on it" length just once - and I'm slowly getting back there. It seemed to fall at about 3-4" before classic on me, or almost exactly halfway between tailbone & classic. I imiagine that this would have a bit to do with your body's shape though.
love,
mom

zift
April 22nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
Yes exactly,between tailbone and classic I started sitting on it.:) Nice length but at that time I wasn't used to pulling it at the side and it won't stay there so it kept getting caought under me and I remember losing quite a bit of strands :o

Islandgrrl
April 22nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Pretty much mid-bum length. About halfway between TBL & Classic.

Irishred
April 22nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
to sit on it, yep, just past classic I started noticing that. Some depended on what I was sitting on as cushy seats bit first.

Now my hair getting sat on by others (kids, dogs, DH) came around waist LOL.

freznow
April 22nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Between tailbone and classic, but that's slouching/leaning my head back. If I sit decently I can't sit on it yet...

Snowymoon
April 22nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
I am between tail bone and classic, but I have yet to sit on my hair. It is getting darn close to that, though.

mira-chan
April 22nd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Between tailbone and classic was the first time for me too. It was about 2 or 3 inches short of classic.

Unnamed
April 22nd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Between tailbone and classic. I think my hair was still about 2" from classic when I had to start being careful about how I sat down.

trolleypup
April 22nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Errr, if you sit really carefully in the right kind of seat, you can sit on it fairly short.

Shell
April 22nd, 2008, 09:19 PM
I started sitting on it regularly between tailbone and classic--about and inch or an inch and a half before classic. I am talented at the "swing and sit," so I still usually miss it!

Sam-I-Am
April 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Sweet!! I am between tailbone and classic now too (well, ok, just BARELY past TB, but that still counts, right?!). I'm so excited about sitting on my own hair :D

Shell, I love the "swing and sit" concept :) I hope I will *have* to master it soon!

Flying Betty
April 25th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Aside from really squishy things, I'm only just able to sit on my hair and only just reaching classic length. So the two are on and the same for me.

Saranne772
April 27th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Well I could back in august and I was at classic- but I think it might have been just before classic. I am mid way between tb and classic now and got a ways to go (I tried yesterday haha!!!)

Robbi Dehlinger
April 27th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Mine will be about 35 to39 iwhen that happens. Claais length, I belive?

Arniky
April 29th, 2008, 10:08 AM
if it gets to tailbone to thigh length , can sit on it

Rain
April 29th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Between tailbone and classic.

Meli
April 29th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I have yet to sit on my hair, but when I measure (sitting on my tape measure :D) it would be closer to classic than TBL.

Nynaeve
April 29th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I voted past classic.
Haven't had the pleasure of sitting on my hair since I was about 11 years old, and my hair was past classic then.

vindo
April 30th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Lower buttcheeks but not yet classic. I can only sit on 2cm of my hair though...and the slouchier the easier ;)

cherryblossom
June 24th, 2008, 01:01 PM
how long would mine need to be if i'm 1.71 metres? I've never had hair longer than waist (i got bored and always ended up chopping it to collar bone length!) My torso is longer then my legs... sadly

Robbi Dehlinger
June 25th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I have not gotten there yet, but will be tailbone I think?

jojo
June 25th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I sat on my brush which had a load of lose hairs in, does that count? Probably the closest I will get to sitting on my hair.

Though if i remain patient by the year 2012 I will get there!

PrincessColene
March 22nd, 2009, 03:39 PM
It usually fell to the tailbone, but at this length right after washing (still wet) I'd sit on it.

dearladydisdain
March 22nd, 2009, 04:29 PM
I guess tailbone or a little longer, especially in certain kinds of chairs, like in movie theatres.

JamieLeigh
March 22nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
Mine was sittable at about 40", which was between tailbone and classic for me. And it was just the tips of the ends at that point. Full sittage (i.e., it actually catches and doesn't come out from under me when I tilt my head down) is only just now available at classic. :)

enfys
March 22nd, 2009, 05:34 PM
I could jar my neck on it a bit past classic. Fabulous for the ends I'm sure!

I have a rather British fat but long bottom if that's any help. There, I said it. I have a big, long bum. It makes up for the worlds shortest torso.

Chromis
March 22nd, 2009, 06:11 PM
I'm at classic and have yet to sit on it. I do tend to sit up very straight though and have a long torso and an ample arse. I also don't leave it down often, I find I'm in too much danger of getting caught on chairs!

Robbi Dehlinger
March 22nd, 2009, 11:11 PM
I sat on my brush which had a load of lose hairs in, does that count? Probably the closest I will get to sitting on my hair.

Though if i remain patient by the year 2012 I will get there!

Hi JO!

Hair is looking good, keep growing it ((hug)) :D

LadyEliza
March 22nd, 2009, 11:13 PM
I started sitting on it just before I had it cut - it was 1" from classic. Boy am I kicking my self now, 7 years later!

burns_erin
March 23rd, 2009, 07:13 AM
When I was at classic I was sitting on it.

LHGypsyRose
March 23rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
I would occasionally have to pull it out from under me at classic:D

Robbi Dehlinger
March 24th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I would occasionally have to pull it out from under me at classic:D

Bet it is easy to sit on it now?? LOVELY:D

82exoticbeauty
July 26th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I sat on my hair a few times of 2007 between Tailbone to Classic!

kmoc123
July 26th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I haven't sat on it yet but it sits in my lap

SimplyViki
July 26th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I've never been at sitting-on-my-hair length. I hope to reach it soon and let you know!!

Garnetgem
January 20th, 2016, 11:55 PM
This used to happen to me when i was just passed classic it used to happen each time i sat down it was agony on the neck,my head would jolt back as i forgot to watch the hair i had my hair cut soon after up to chin length but am now growing it again,hope to back to that length despite the head jerks lol,now am just a bit past waist length so not long to go but this time i will be aware of my hair before i sit down! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 21st, 2016, 01:05 AM
I am between tailbone and classic, about 3 and something inches away from classic and in the last month have accidentally sat on the very tips of my hair about twice, accidentally. It hurts! And jerks my head. Now I always worry when my hair is loose that it will happen again. It can only get worse from here on in, until I remember to move my hair forward out of the way.

I never would have expected that sitting on my hair would pull and be painful. You live and learn...

parkmikii
January 24th, 2016, 12:38 AM
I never had my hair long enough to sit on it but I'd estimate about classic or a little more :)

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 12:42 AM
Grr I hate this so much! Can hardly wear my hair down without worrying about it :ponder:

DeadlyUnicorn
January 26th, 2016, 01:02 AM
On a couch, bed, etc it started a little past tbl I think, I'm not really sure.. Now I'm about classic and if I sit on a hard surface I'm still not sitting on it lol. My hair looks tons shorter when I'm sitting down

lapushka
January 26th, 2016, 04:51 AM
Somewhere between TBL & classic I sat on it for the first time. :)

Frankenstein
January 26th, 2016, 10:48 PM
It's been a while and I didn't keep up with the length at the time but I'd guess at tailbone, if not slightly more.

excentricat
January 27th, 2016, 12:11 AM
Tailbone was the first time I sat on it. But I was slouching, and sitting on a very soft surface (bed covered in blankets), so it wasn't a standard thing. At classic, I sit on it nearly every time I sit down unless I remember to move it. Which I'm learning to do...

Lucy Elizabeth
July 12th, 2016, 01:42 PM
I'm just past bcl but i've found that if i don't sit properly (slouch) the very ends will get caught in between the top of my bum and the cushion. Can't fully sit on it yet, but since it was a small amount of strands that were caught it hurt like a bitch lol
I've mostly been wearing my hair in a braid or bun for the last few months, but decided to let my hair air dry loose after washing it this morning. Quite the surprise! lol

Shepherdess
July 13th, 2016, 10:29 PM
I think around classic with sitting down normally might have been the first time for me, though it is hard for me to sit on it even at mid-thigh length, since it curls up or sweeps out of the way. I think when it was at 49" (past mid-thigh)was when I sat on it the most.

Agnes Hannah
August 6th, 2016, 02:14 PM
I am between tailbone and classic now, and have sat on it whilst slouching on the bed. Am ultra careful now!!

dancingfrog
August 15th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Haven't made it yet but I am looking forward to it!

Garnetgem
August 18th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Haven't made it yet but I am looking forward to it!

looking forward really lol it really hurts and the first time it really takes you by surprise!

TatsuOni
October 4th, 2019, 11:06 AM
For me it was a bit past tailbone.

Groovy Granny
October 4th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Tailbone :flower:

With a short and shrinking torso it is easy to do ;)

The-Young-Maid
February 3rd, 2020, 01:19 PM
I finally sat on it lol I had to wait til classic tho. I went to dry my hair after my shower and went OUCH what the- oh my hair??? Cool.

tuanyiji
August 16th, 2022, 10:21 AM
I revive this thread because I dream about sitting on my hair every day.
I’m stil a few cm from that. So let me leave a comment like this and I will com back when I actually sit on my hair.

GoatLady
December 26th, 2022, 07:53 AM
I'm not there yet, so can't vote.