PDA

View Full Version : Finally, I've recieved compliments on my hair!

Anywhere
November 3rd, 2009, 09:01 AM
I never get compliments on it, and I've been trying to go NW/SO, (dry scalp problems, trying to get my scalp to actually make some sebum for once!) I CO once a month though, and I put a little oil on the ends afterwards.

Yesterday has been maybe my third week since my last CO, and my friend was near me in art class, and suddenly started petting my hair saying how soft it feels, and how shiny it looks, and how she wished her hair felt like mine.
My curls straighten out a lot if i don't get my hair wet. (which is good considering I've been fighting the urge to resurrect my flat iron for almost two months now) Last week a different friend came into school and asked "did you straighten your hair today?" (me:no..?) "Well it looks so good today."

...and then there was my first. "...Your hair is so long!" thing. Not really a compliment, but not an insult. more of just a statement. Followed by "You should cut it off and donate it!"
But hey, that means my hair actually looks long, like you other LHCers that get that, so I'm not complaining. :p

and to anyone who remembers my first post about my age-long battle with my dry scalp, it's no longer dry, or flakey, or itchy with this routine. I think it also helps that I haven't dyed my hair dark brown since October of '08 (even though I'm still growing out the dye. but honey treatments have helped even out the color significantly. I want to put a picture of my hair before and after, but do i just post it in the honey thread?)

Finally, my hair is happy. :cheese:

Topaz
November 3rd, 2009, 09:24 AM
Congratulations, it's always wonderful getting compliments. You must post some pictures of your hair!!!

rach
November 3rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
pics are good :D
congratulations ......

Anywhere
November 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4113&pictureid=54404

Theres my hair in the sun. looks so orange in that lighting. :confused:
but its a nice color so I'm okay with that.
I have pics of the honey treatments in my album.

ETA: Its practically almost waist again. ~!

Yozhik
November 3rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
So pretty! I don't know what your hair looked like before, but you definitely look like you're doing the right thing if your hair looks like that :)

KajiKodomo
November 3rd, 2009, 01:42 PM
Anywhere, it looks to me that your hair IS waist! It looks like the smallest part of your torso is slightly above your thumbs, so the ends of your hair are just at waist! :D

ETA: It looks great btw! :D

Shermie Girl
November 3rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Your hair looks terrific. It looks so shiny and healthy. :D

You can post pics anywhere you please. In fact, posting pics is encouraged, here. :agree:

heatherdazy
November 3rd, 2009, 02:33 PM
Anywhere, your hair color is BEAUTIFUL.