PDA

View Full Version : Buying Biotin, which one?

disneynut1977
November 3rd, 2009, 07:31 AM
Hi, after reading some post's I want to add this to my routine and was overwelmed on how many companies have Biotin out there. I would prefer to either buy online, unless it's so common I can get it from Wegmans or Wallyworld or Target. I would prefer to get a better one over a cheapie if anybody notices that making a difference.

Also since starting fresh, how much should I take a day to start out with?

Thanks
Melissa1977

MakeLoveNotWar
November 3rd, 2009, 08:41 AM
The biotin I buy is from Target and a bottle of 100 is only like $1.49 or something like that. I believe the brand is Origins, it's in the blue bottle.

MakeLoveNotWar
November 3rd, 2009, 08:42 AM
Even though it's cheap, I think it's made a huge difference in my hair, growth and condition. I started out taking 3000 mgs a day, then uped it to 5000 in the last few weeks.

ladycatpurrs
November 3rd, 2009, 11:13 AM
I have the Solaray brand and also take a hair vitamin from Natrol that has biotin in it. I started out with 1000mcgs a day and worked up to 3500 and have horrible break outs. I have read on here that people have taken more than what I am taking and not had the problem with their skin breaking out. I don't know if I am sensitive to it or the brand is wrong. My hair is a-growing though!

Longlocks3
November 3rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
My vitamin regime, as it is currently, consists of things I DO NOT have to buy online. I get all my vitamins from my grocery store or Walgreens or someplace similar. I take a multivitamin(ok it's a gummy vite, but I hate adult multis) with some biotin, but not much. Then I take one 1000mcg Biotin only pill. I don't take as much as some people do but I also keep in mind if your body has too much Biotin, you'll just urinate it out. I'm relatively young and healthy, so I don't think I need that much Biotin on top of everything else.

Biotin may help somewhat, but I also take a separate vitamin C and vitamin D plus Calcium pill. So I take three 'hard' pills and two gummies a day. I do this not only for my hair but for my overall healthy.

lynlora
November 3rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
I always buy mine at Target or Wallyworld because of price.I do not think brand really matters, other than cost.I take about 3000 mcd a day.