PDA

View Full Version : first trim in a year

wonhwa
April 22nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Hi, Everyone,

My hair had reached 45", which for me was mid-thigh. So I was tired of sitting on it, getting tangled in it, and getting choked at night by my own braid.
I did the two week think-over, about six times. haha! Each time I came to the same conclusions. Firstly, I found no new hairstyles for having it at 45 inches, and secondly, it was bothering me.

I just used Fiona's self-trim and cut it back to 38 inches, which is just past waistlength. I love it! I sat down without pulling my own hair. hooray! But it is still long, which I love.

If anyone else is thinking of trimming/cutting, you should know this: I wanted it waistlength, I measured it several times first. I decided it should be 11 inches shorter by my measurements, so I fixed on cutting off nine inches, then I actually measured the amount to cut off, made that SEVEN inches instead. I really cut off seven inches. It is just right.
Don't ever cut off as much as you think you want off, because when you fix it up and trim uneven edges it will take off a bit more. Then there is the factor of possible mistaken measuring, or just plain thinking you wanted it shorter than you really did.

Wonhwa
actually it is not waist, it is hipbone length now, but I still don't sit on it anymore.

Eireann
April 22nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Sounds lovely! Congratulations! :cheese:

spidermom
April 22nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Congratulations on your successful self-trim. So does your hair hit your body about the same place as mine does?

mommy2one05
April 22nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
wow
i hope my hair gets that long some day
i am 24 and my hair is at waist
i would love to see a pic

1nuitblanche
April 22nd, 2008, 12:04 PM
You went about cutting your hair in a really good way. Thanks for the wise words. I'm really happy for you that it's turned out the way that you wanted!

Gothic Lolita
April 22nd, 2008, 12:25 PM
I'm glad that you love your new cut! Why would you have long hair, if it keeps bothering you? you did the right thing and your hair is still long, and much longer than most guys hair anyway!

DaveDecker
April 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Hi wonhwa, I agree that it is best to trim less than you plan. It is ridiculously easy to trim more and completely impossible to "trim less" (whatever that might mean) than what has already been trimmed. What's the saying, "measure seven times, cut once?"

wonhwa
April 22nd, 2008, 09:16 PM
thank you all for your kind words. Spidermom, it appears my hair hits me about a hands' breadth lower than yours hits you.
Dave, you are so right; measure many times before cutting, and always cut less than you think; it's so easy to trim more, impossible to glue it back on!

I added a siggy pic today; I hope it shows up. Though it is now out of date; the pic was taken yesterday, before the trim!

DaveDecker
April 23rd, 2008, 09:09 PM
Hi Wonhwa,

Thank you for sharing your picture with us, even if it isn't now current. Your hair was and I'm sure still is very pretty! :)