PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem...

Eniratak
November 2nd, 2009, 02:41 PM
And it involves my dear Concert Choir class.
Today was the day that we started dancing for our Show Music piece for the Christmas concert. Usually I just throw my hair into a low pony to dance and it's no problem. However, today, I was forced to stand next to the most obnoxious girl. Not only did she act like a fool while we tried to learn the dance, but every time we had to hold onto each others' shoulders, she would grab onto my hair instead of my shoulder.
What would you suggest I do? I'm afraid to put my hair up in hair sticks because she might knock them out acting like a fool. I don't own any clips (except one but it isn't big enough to hold up all of my hair). So yeah. If you could please help me out, that would be wonderful.

halo_tightens
November 2nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
You shouldn't have to make any special accomodations for her. Maybe start off by asking her nicely to please stop grabbing your hair-- which shouldn't be necessary, I know, but maybe she's just that freaking clueless. If she just won't stop doing it, is there someone in charge of the class you could talk to privately? Something like... "I love this class, and I genuinely don't want to be a pain, but could you please speak to Xxxxx? She keeps grabbing me by the hair for some reason, and I just can't let that go on."

I just don't see why you should have to do anything differently. She ought to know better than to do such a childish thing, and maybe being called out on it would be enough to shame her into acting a little more mature?

Smitts
November 2nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
make sure you let her know she is grabbing your hair and that she needs to be more careful and less careless.

If she continues, try putting it into a tight bun.

Coriander
November 2nd, 2009, 02:52 PM
Maybe next time she does it, start shrieking in pain and writhe on the floor... might get the point across. :)

In all seriousness, I would simply ask her not to grab my hair, and if she keeps doing it then put it up.

Eniratak
November 2nd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Maybe next time she does it, start shrieking in pain and writhe on the floor... might get the point across. :)

In all seriousness, I would simply ask her not to grab my hair, and if she keeps doing it then put it up.

XD. That's hilarious. I should do that.

But thanks everyone. I'll try. I'm not the most outspoken person, so asking people to do simple things is pretty hard for me.

halo_tightens
November 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
Maybe next time she does it, start shrieking in pain and writhe on the floor...

That might actually be a pretty good idea, in a way! If she does it again, act all surprised and hurt, maybe let out a yelp... When everybody turns to see what's going on, look all embarassed and say, "Sorry-- somebody yanked my hair and it really hurt!"

I think it'd embarass her more than you. :eyebrows:

pilateschick7
November 2nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
What about an English braid and tucked down your collar for practices.

Night of the performances
a) You mess with her hair
b) Grin and bear it
c.) hairsticks reinforced with Amish Pins

I also very much like the writhing on the floor idea:)

Eniratak
November 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM
What about an English braid and tucked down your collar for practices.

Night of the performances
a) You mess with her hair
b) Grin and bear it
c.) hairsticks reinforced with Amish Pins

XD. I'm horrible at braiding. But it could work!
If I mess with her hair, she might hurt me...even though she's younger than I am. XD. And I don't own Amish Pins. I want some, definitely, but I don't have any as of yet.
However, the braid definitely sounds like a winner. Thanks so much!

Eniratak
November 3rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
The annoying girl moved to another row today. So no more hair yanking! Yaaaay! XD. It made me so happy.