PDA

View Full Version : Huge Improvement and change of hair type

GoddesJourney
November 1st, 2009, 08:51 PM
Since I've been on LHC, I've exchanged my brush and comb for a horn comb, switched to sulphate and cone free shampoo and conditioner, and cut off several inches of damage.

My hair is like new. My last cut I got rid of my V cut which took off almost all the rest of my damage. A couple of things have happened because of that. The first thing is that my hair cannot stay in any updo. I tried to put it in a bun and it's actually too slippery. It's a little short, too, but long enough that it would still work if it were still damaged. Anyway, the other thing is that my frizz has pretty much gone away since I've given up sulphates, so I need to retype my hair. It's much straighter now. I've gone from what I would call a 1c/2a to a 1c or maybe even a 1b. It's amazing.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Thanks to everyone for all that wonderful information about hair care. I'm not doing anymore effort than I used to, I just do it all differently now, and I can cut my hair myself now. Save money. Awesome.:cheese:

Shermie Girl
November 1st, 2009, 09:33 PM
It sounds as if your hair has really come a long way. :D

Pictures? :drama:

amoulixes
November 1st, 2009, 09:48 PM
Awesome! I've seen similar things happen with my hair but...mine has gotten curlier! Happy growing! :D

melikai
November 2nd, 2009, 12:09 AM
Pics pics pics!

I'm so glad that you and your hair have been able to benefit so much from everything you've learned here. I also save a ton of money on haircuts (do them myself), hairdye/salon visits (haven't dyed in almost 2 years), and products (use fewer, simpler quality products and things like herbs). So great! :cheese:

JamieLeigh
November 2nd, 2009, 09:04 AM
I'm glad you've done what you feel is best for the health of your hair. It's important to realize that length isn't everything, and that if you grow it long, you need to be HAPPY with that length. :flower: I'm sure it looks amazing, it sounds like it definitely FEELS amazing. Good on you! :D