PDA

View Full Version : Folic acid ?

jera
November 1st, 2009, 01:31 PM
While studying what vits are best for hair growth, I came across some folic acid info. I know folic acid is recommended for pregnant women, but didn't know it was good for growing hair. Hmmmn.

Has anyone here ever taken folic acid? What results did you get with it? :)

peachrose
November 1st, 2009, 03:08 PM
I've been taking prenatals for 3 months now and I *think* they are increasing my hair growth. Not sure if that is the folic acid or the other vitamins and minerals though. :)

Tornerose
November 2nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah I've been on folic acid. I'm not sure if it did anything for my hair though, because this was back in my "dye blonde" period, since I didn't like that it darkened.

khyathi
November 2nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
i take folic acd and also biotin tablets....and i can say i see improvement!

mizk5110
November 3rd, 2009, 12:10 AM
I personally haven't tried folic acid. My mother teaches Lamaze-type classes, and she always warns her moms that they may notice their hair "thinning" once they stop taking their prenatal vitamins. She says the extra vitamins and minerals will make your hair thicker. Don't know how true it is, since I have a hard enough time remembering my allergy pills, let alone a vitamin or biotin...*g*

Kris Dove
November 3rd, 2009, 12:37 AM
I take folic acid as it's in my Veg1 daily supplement for vegans, but I can't say I've noticed any difference.

pelicano
November 3rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
I take folic acid, but have never noticed anything... Still, the amounts in multi vits and the like aren't particularly high.