PDA

View Full Version : Is this real??

eadwine
November 1st, 2009, 05:24 AM
This (http://www.myvideo.de/watch/2257760/Talk_Talk_Talk_F32_5kg_schwere_Haare) appeared on our Dutch forum today..

I just cannot help but think that this cannot be real. And if it is.. honesly I like long hair, but NOT like that.

Gothic Lolita
November 1st, 2009, 05:30 AM
Ugh! You have to know that this is from a German TV channel which is quite crappy and likes to show stupid stuff, so I doubt it real and it looks unatural to me. I mean, look at all this "volume" at her roots, which would, in my opinion, be impossible if her hair weighed 5 kg. Probably just one of those Pro7 sensations again.

Speckla
November 1st, 2009, 05:32 AM
um no. The roots are just as thick as the ends.

Loreley
November 1st, 2009, 05:38 AM
No way... It can't be real. :confused:

pepperminttea
November 1st, 2009, 06:13 AM
The photo they show of her looks semi-real, from a holiday or something, but apart from that, I'd say no.

Brownie
November 1st, 2009, 06:39 AM
I don't think it's real, it's just a stupid Pro7 thing.

Tornerose
November 1st, 2009, 06:42 AM
Omg I'd LOOOVE to have that hair.... but it looks pretty fake. And at BSL it's suddenly thinner and more "tamed", yet tere seems to be no taper....

Kuchen
November 1st, 2009, 06:45 AM
No. I think the shorter "canopy" is her hair, and the rest is fun fur.

windinherhair
November 1st, 2009, 06:53 AM
I agree, don't think it is real just by looking at how thick it is on the ends. :confused: And who has volume like that coming right off the top of the head when it is that long?

MsBubbles
November 1st, 2009, 07:55 AM
I hate to be cynical but I don't see how it can be all real either. I'm confused about how she can get the top roots to lay flat with a couple of small clips, when the rest of it is so huge. Also when she comes down the stairs it looks like it's in two sections.

eresh
November 1st, 2009, 08:19 AM
It looks especially fake when she's walking through the audience to the stage. Like some layers are attached to her clothes??

SurprisingWoman
November 1st, 2009, 09:13 AM
People ask how I deal with my long hair all the time and I tell them that I have had it since it was short so I just learned how to do it as my hair grew. (things like swinging my hair out of the way before picking something up... you know... the things we all do without thinking)

She had to constantly brush her hair out of her face and there is NO WAY that anyone would have hair that long and not have taken care of that issue. It would be toooo annoying.

That to me says fake. I can tell who is used to long nails and who just got extension via the same type of actions.

Fake, fake, fake.

eadwine
November 1st, 2009, 09:13 AM
Little added info. Supposedly the name of the person is Nese Melike Pedmezci Unsal.

I still don't buy it though *giggle*

Bit hard to prove anyway.

eadwine
November 1st, 2009, 09:15 AM
@SurprisingWoman: That is something that I never learned though.. I mean.. it is always up or in a braid. I am truly clumsy when having it loose *chuckles*

Shiva
November 1st, 2009, 09:18 AM
Wowzers! I couldn't understand a word they were saying, but that was some cool hair, real or not.

chrissy-b
November 1st, 2009, 09:42 AM
It looked like the longest part was all one piece and moved together, while the shorter canopy part moved independently of that. It all looked pretty fake to me.

eresh
November 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM
Yes that's what I mean....when she walks it looks like the bottom layer is attached to her clothes or something, it doesn't move.
Or maybe there's a whole matted klump underneath???

freznow
November 1st, 2009, 09:55 AM
It looks like... a LONG hair mullet. That place where half the hair cuts off... but then the volume keeps going! I think it looks amazing, but I would have thought the curl would have been pulled out and the volume tapered a LOT more if it were real.

Gives new meaning to the phrase "My hair's too thick to be long" though.

Alexannee10
November 1st, 2009, 10:17 AM
She has too much hair! It looks like if she never detangled it! This is the first time I say this but, I think I would never be able to live with that hair on my head !

Themyst
November 1st, 2009, 10:18 AM
Wow, well, if I had hair like that, I'd go thigh-length with it (and wouldn't have the mullet).

However, I really think it's probably fake and SurprisingWoman definitely had a point about how she kept brushing it out of her face.

Heidi_234
November 1st, 2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah, all the hair from the thighs and down moves in one piece, the ends look too thick, maybe it's all matted in dreads by then? Therefore not really thinning. This is the first time in my life I was in the head those people who can't stand long hair. This is the first time I thought "you should cut it". Just looks bizarre.

twolunarspring
November 1st, 2009, 10:51 AM
WOW! I think her hair is amazing :D
I couldn't personally cope with having it like that, but good for her!

2peasinapod
November 1st, 2009, 10:56 AM
Amazing, but I have to agree with everyone who says it doesn't look real. I'm usually pretty bad at spotting fake hair, but this jumps out to me as not looking real for reasons already mentioned (too much volume at the roots, roots being able to be held down with only some small hair clips, bottom layer looking different from the top, etc)

Smitts
November 1st, 2009, 10:58 AM
This can't be real.
Maybe up to a little past her shoulders it is, but after that it looks like add on.

Fractalsofhair
November 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was natural to BSL or so. If it weren't for the clear line there, I'd say she probably did have hair that long. Either that, or she has some SEVERE damage at BSL. Which is kinda odd, but maybe she wears it mostly down and that's where it hits a chair or something? In either case, she needs to stop the brushing, try CO washing, maybe clarify, comb out her hair and do a moisture treatment. My hair can stick together in one bad chunk if it's damaged enough or I didn't comb it carefully.

Very curly hair can look like that when brushed, and she may simply have VERY thick hair. I have rather thick hair, and it can act like that at the roots if I don't weigh it down enough.

It's odd, and not my cup of tea, but I do think it's possible. She may just have a VERY long terminal length, and extremely thick hair.

Also, in regards to fussing to get hair out of one's face. I do that all the time... It's possible she just wears it up or such more often than not.

Bonkers57
November 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM
This (http://www.myvideo.de/watch/2257760/Talk_Talk_Talk_F32_5kg_schwere_Haare) appeared on our Dutch forum today..

I just cannot help but think that this cannot be real. And if it is.. honesly I like long hair, but NOT like that.
I don't think it's real. I don't think she could hold her head up under the weight of it if it were.

But if it is and she likes it, more power to her...

rach
November 1st, 2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, all the hair from the thighs and down moves in one piece, the ends look too thick, maybe it's all matted in dreads by then?

too many ends around for it to be all attached to the head. partly dreaded is the only explanation i have if that is suppose to be real. also glimpses of the back of her hair looks in-consistent which would support this theory.

kittensoupnrice
November 1st, 2009, 01:07 PM
:confused:
The only way I could possibly think that her hair could be "real" is if she were partially dreading her hair the entire time she was growing it, and all the hair that would have been shed, that you'd normally comb or wash out, is just sitting there knotted to yet more shedded hair that is all tangled up in hair that is still attached.

At any rate, would that even still count as real? Is your own shed hair being part of really long dreads still yours, or would you consider them extensions?

fleurdelis
November 1st, 2009, 01:24 PM
Ehm..I can´t believe that would be real..I never saw anybody with such thick hair my life or in pictures..she might be an exeption though..I just wonder (among other things) How would she sleep with that hair? And how long would it take to dry? Could it really be "freshly washed" how she says when she enters the show (if I understood right)?

Heidi_234
November 1st, 2009, 01:24 PM
That's a good question. A while back there was a post about this man who had his hair in one long fat dreadlock, I'm not sure if it counts. I'm not sure if I like it more dreaded than fake though. I remember reading a guy's blog about how disgusted he was by seeing a woman with hip lengthish hair at a restaurant. I didn't get him back then, but I sort of do now. I mean, groomed hip length hair is not like many inches long nails as he said, but all this hair, definitely is :?

liseling
November 1st, 2009, 01:35 PM
I dont think it's real, but I suppose it COULD be real IF she never detangles her hair to get all the shed hairs out.

When I was 16 I had a major surgery and had to be in a body cast in bed for 6 weeks afterward, so in preparation for not being able to take a shower and wash my hair (or comb my hair: because I was in a body cast I couldnt sit upright so it would be pretty hard to do) I had it braided into lots of little braids, which my hair stayed in until I was able to get out of the cast and take a shower.

ANYWAY, when I undid all the little braids and sortof did a cursory fingercomb, my hair was unbelievably humongous because all the shed hairs from 6 weeks were still in there among the hairs still attached to my head. I have a lot of hair anyway, and I shed a lot of hair, so this contributed to the monster on top of my head. The hair was easily 4 or 5 inches off my head on top. Once I put lots of conditioner in and combed it through gobs of hair came out.

So maybe if this girl's hair is not fake she just hardly ever detangles it? I would find it hard to live that way though.

ETA: Now that I watched the video again I think the top half could be like I said above, but there is such an obvious demarcation between that part and all the hair below BSL or so. It doesnt even look the same hair - it's even sortof a different color! So I definitely think the lower 2/3 of her hair is fake.

enfys
November 1st, 2009, 01:38 PM
Never mind that. Did you see how they measured it? From her hairline and back down to the tips?

As for if it's real...Some is but I won't take a guess at what % is attatched to her scalp.

Fractalsofhair
November 1st, 2009, 02:06 PM
Ehm..I can´t believe that would be real..I never saw anybody with such thick hair my life or in pictures..she might be an exeption though..I just wonder (among other things) How would she sleep with that hair? And how long would it take to dry? Could it really be "freshly washed" how she says when she enters the show (if I understood right)?
Hmmm... If she rarely washes her hair, that could be a huge amount of poof. My hair can poof like that if I wash it with a harsh shampoo and don't use conditioner. It would be interesting to see how it would look about a week or so (or more) after washing, because that could explain it. Also, my hair can matt up like that with a harsh harsh shampoo if I don't spend a few hours detangling, so she might not have combed the bottom 1/2 of her hair. That would also very much explain the breakage at BSL or so, if she starts combing from the top of her head. I have no idea how she sleeps with it. I'd guess braided or something. Any curlies have opinions on this?

Quixii
November 1st, 2009, 02:15 PM
I also think it looks fake. When she walks it moves like a fur coat would, not like how I'd picture hair moving.
Like someone else said, the picture looks real, but her hair doesn't. Plus it suddenly looks smaller at about mid back and then goes out again.

It is so so so thick, though. Personally, that is the only case on earth ever, if it's real, where I would be willing to think, "her hair is too thick to grow out long." I hate it when people say their hair is too x to do x for anything. >.< Well, maybe too curly to be straight, but that's another thing entirely.

prittykitty
November 1st, 2009, 02:28 PM
If you notice, the hair seems to be full and a lighter color on the top right about past her shoulders to mid back. Then the rest seems to be under all the top hair and a little more relaxed in curl and a shade darker. This is very common with hair extensions, especially with curly ones. The extensions are usually attached starting at the back, very bottom of the scalp and are continued up until about the middle of the scalp, sometimes a little further up. This leaves the top of the hair to go where it wants. Usually people with curly hair who get these kinds of extensions will layer their hair with the extension hair so that you don't get that look where it stops at shoulder length or mid back. This very much looks like hair extensions. I remember when I use to get mine and would get that big bushy wild look until I cut it and layered it. Also added extensions can give a look of having very big hair, especially the curly ones. Also the top hair is usually almost always darker than the length and as I said, hers is lighter on top. I use to dye my hair and the extension hair to get an even match. Her hair definitely looks fake.

Maddy25
November 1st, 2009, 03:00 PM
Whoa! Looks sort of like she has a bear on her head hehe.

Friesiangirl
November 1st, 2009, 06:48 PM
I think she reminds of some sort of fantasy/mythical faerie or wood nymph. But, I don't think it's real.

Hayley

Sylvanas
November 1st, 2009, 06:55 PM
Real or fake, I think it would look beautiful on her if she cut it to waist/lower back. She suits the untamed look, but from waist down it just looks tacky imo :eek:

Bonkers57
November 2nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Like she was an extra from The 13th Warrior...

Whoa! Looks sort of like she has a bear on her head hehe.

ladycatpurrs
November 2nd, 2009, 09:05 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a large dark sheep jumped on her back and is hugging her?
If it is real, that would be amazing. It made me want to wash it for her...

JamieLeigh
November 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
She reminds me of Magenta from Rocky Horror Picture Show. :p Only difference is, I LIKE Magenta's hair. ;)

vintersaga
November 3rd, 2009, 04:22 PM
I think she reminds of some sort of fantasy/mythical faerie or wood nymph. But, I don't think it's real.

Hayley

Yeah, me too. Like something from a fairytale.

Igor
November 3rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
I recognise her
She has her old, shedded hair re-attached to her growing hair, sort of like a homemade dreadlock-ish weave
It’s not a fake

ashimajoy
November 3rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
WHOA!:agape: That's crazy. All I can say is... wow.

Tinose
November 3rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Wow that's uh. Definitely something.

cupcakes
November 3rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
I agree it looks dreaded; non-shiny with lots of sheds. the bottom as a hairpiece being dreaded to the top it exactly what it looks like.
We don't get a lot of dreaded people in here. I lived in san francisco too long and it just looks like hobo hair to me unless it's 1: not on a hippie and 2: styled to be generally the same length or in some kind of style and not haphazard. Nice dreads are great and i would totally do that if i was curly haired because i'm kinda lazy :)

vdhendrix
November 3rd, 2009, 09:56 PM
i love floor length hair, but i think hers just looks truly horrible, fake or not

vdhendrix
November 3rd, 2009, 09:58 PM
I recognise her
She has her old, shedded hair re-attached to her growing hair, sort of like a homemade dreadlock-ish weave
It’s not a fake

how does she have that done?

spidermom
November 3rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Whoa! That was rather frightening.

Elenna
November 3rd, 2009, 10:08 PM
I think it is her real hair. But I think she doesn't comb out the tangles and such. We are so used to well-cared for and combed hair that hair like hers doesn't look "real." But reattaching her own hair like extensions seems a bit much!

SimplyLonghair
November 3rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
Wow Igor, that is interesting. I thought that it looked like dreaded hair but it also looked kind of like extensions so I am glad that you clarified it. I like long hair, but that is too thick for me. I would like it to classic though. :D

little_acorn
November 3rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure what to make of it really.

Aditi
November 3rd, 2009, 11:35 PM
Her hair really made me laugh :laugh:

vindo
November 4th, 2009, 12:15 AM
When she runs down the stairs and then turns slightly once before she starts talking to Arabella you can see her hair is midback and the tip of the hair piece/ dreads sticks out a bit from underneath her hair.
When she is running everything below waist just hangs there heavy while the rest flys...very weird :rolleyes:

I think it might be detachable...

RancheroTheBee
November 4th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Was ist das? That looks awful, actually. Very unnatural. But the host made me laugh for some reason. I think just because she looked very, very, VERY thrilled to be on TV.

serious
November 4th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Oh, my...she sheds A LOT :shocked:

Elainehali
November 4th, 2009, 01:08 AM
It doesn't look real to me. The bottom part doesn't move normal. It's like a jacket of hair.:p funny video.

free_hug
November 4th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I recognise her
It’s not a fake

Shame though. Looks like the "real" hair (the non-attached part) is actually shiny hip lenght dark wurls. She'd have beautiful hair if the old, tattered ends weren't added to the real thing.
(Plus it totally looks like the second canopy of hair grows from her back, butt and legs.)

Lyttle Lox
November 4th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I agree with the unnatural movement of most of it... and how it seems to overwhelm her, not just in her face but in general... she doesn't seem to have much of a walking or standing strategy, something I think would come with experience with that length of hair.

And would she really be comfortable letting it constantly drag the ground?? It looks even too heavy to wear up... maybe a pulled back pony tail... I dunno... strange..

A washing routine is also beyond me.

I can accept the thickness... but now I am eyeing her roots.. my theory now is that she has [possibly] short, dark, naturally straight hair. Looking close, her roots seem awfully straight and alot darker, but not mechanically straight.. just.. straight. Her "bangs" in the clips for instance don't seem to follow the wave, color or volume at all.. Hmm..

But I am indifferent on this one.. straight or curly, real or fake... *shrugs* Power to her.., it's just fun to try to solve the mystery :eyebrows:

Schnee
November 4th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Ouch, must be very uncomfortable, not to mention if it IS really 5 kg...

Even if it is her own hair she reuses, as Igor says, it is still fake. All that hair is not growing out of her scalp, as it is.

pdy2kn6
November 4th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I am surprised it isn't ripping her natural hair out (presuming it is just really heavy extensions). It reminds me of a cavemans cave jacket, you know, them heavy furs they would wrap around their necks.

JCFantasy23
November 5th, 2009, 04:26 AM
The one good thing about the video is the talk show host or whoever has really pretty hair

Heidi_234
November 6th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I agree with the unnatural movement of most of it... and how it seems to overwhelm her, not just in her face but in general... she doesn't seem to have much of a walking or standing strategy, something I think would come with experience with that length of hair.

And would she really be comfortable letting it constantly drag the ground?? It looks even too heavy to wear up... maybe a pulled back pony tail... I dunno... strange..

A washing routine is also beyond me.

I can accept the thickness... but now I am eyeing her roots.. my theory now is that she has [possibly] short, dark, naturally straight hair. Looking close, her roots seem awfully straight and alot darker, but not mechanically straight.. just.. straight. Her "bangs" in the clips for instance don't seem to follow the wave, color or volume at all.. Hmm..

But I am indifferent on this one.. straight or curly, real or fake... *shrugs* Power to her.., it's just fun to try to solve the mystery :eyebrows:
I agree with all of what you said, except the straight hair part. My roots are really straight too, so are the bangs if I put them back when my hair is drying. Her not dreaded hair on the top looks quite wurly curly to me. I won't be surprised if underneath some of it "naturally" straight, with all the dreaded mess pulling it down all the time.

GlennaGirl
November 6th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I don't know, maybe she *wants* to look like a fairytale creature or fairytale princess. Which is all right by me! :hifive: I can understand the want to look like someone or something otherworldly. I've gone through many stages like this, they just never stuck.

And I certainly never had that much hair to play with to make it happen. :D I usually did it with a very unnatural-looking (deliberately so) hair color, or with my clothes or my makeup.

She could have been fiddling with the hair out of nerves or because she probably doesn't usually wear it all down like that, so she's not used to it falling all around. I've seen that phenomenon on makeover shows where they purposely have the "before" long hair not pulled back, just sort of hanging everywhere and getting in the way, as if to press their point home.

Whether it's hers or not, she wants to look different and magical and she does...and I think that's fascinating! I'm glad we don't live in a boring world! I wouldn't grow my hair specifically to look like hers but if I did see her, I'd give her a thumbs up.

GlennaGirl
November 6th, 2009, 11:38 AM
The one good thing about the video is the talk show host or whoever has really pretty hair

I thought so too. I was very jealous of the host's hair. BTW, is anyone who speaks German willing to interpret any of what she says? I'd love to hear what she's saying when she's being interviewed.

Elfe
November 6th, 2009, 11:56 AM
She says, that she never would wanted her hair to be cut, even if she would get payed for this.
She also explains, that she cannot live without her hair, but she don't want it to grow any longer and that the hair is really real and no wig or something like that.
And they messured it and it is 182cm/71,7" long.

I think her hair is scary...

GlennaGirl
November 6th, 2009, 12:20 PM
She says, that she never would wanted her hair to be cut, even if she would get payed for this.
She also explains, that she cannot live without her hair, but she don't want it to grow any longer and that the hair is really real and no wig or something like that.
And they messured it and it is 182cm/71,7" long.

Thank you. :)

fragolina
November 6th, 2009, 12:24 PM
BTW, is anyone who speaks German willing to interpret any of what she says? I'd love to hear what she's saying when she's being interviewed.

I'll translate:

Host: But this is really your hair, not a coat?
Long-haired: No, that's not a coat.
Host: Even if it seems to be, a bit ... how much would I have to pay you for cutting it to a short haircut or a bald head - could be modern, too ... how much would I have to fork out?
Long-haired: Nothing, I wouldn't accept anything, I could never live without my hair.
Host: Do you want to let it grow longer?
Long-haired: No, that's the limit. Maybe I'll shorten it, but I won't grow it longer.

Sonja Krause (blond host): Maybe you were wondering if this "wild mob" is real, too. Here is the answer ...

Host: Is this only my impression, or is it ...
Long-haired: They are shorter.
Host: Shorter!? I just wanted to say they look like they've becomen more.
Long-haired: No, they're shorter.
Host: They're a bit bushyer ... have you just washed them?
Long-haired: Yes, yesterday evening.
Host: Haha, exactly, then they stick out even more ... SO, when you went to my studio last time, most people said: that's impossible, Arabella (host's name) surely is hoaxing us, she must have hung something around her, a coat or so, not at the shoulders but at the head. No, this is your hair?
Long-haired: Yes. Since 25 years.
Host: And how long is it?
Long-haired: 1,60 m or so ...
Host: ... more or less. How tall are you? Shorter, I'd say.
Long-haired: I'm shorter.
Host. We have a measuring tape here, I'll measure exactly ... how will I do that ... Marco come here, so I can measure it at the hairline, I have to start from here ... how long does it go down?
Man: It ends at 1,82 m ...
Host: No! At 1,82 m?

&#176;&#176;&#176;
I'm sure I've made mistakes in my English but it should be understandeable ...

My opinion: It looks like plastic a little bit, Barbie-hair, but maybe she has this thick, curly hair ... I've not really a comparison, I don't see that much hair every day. ;-)

GlennaGirl
November 6th, 2009, 06:20 PM
No, that was great, fragolina, very explanatory, thanks so much for taking the time out to translate! Interesting.

darkwaves
November 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I recognise her
It’s not a fake

That's interesting, Igor. I can't get my head around how that happens -- by accident/not combing out shed hair? Or somehow deliberately?

And, I loved it. Very wild and original!

eadwine
November 8th, 2009, 02:22 AM
I recognise her
It’s not a fake

Ok.. her hair may not be fake, but the length definitely is!

Kris Dove
November 8th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I'm guessing her real hair is about waist length, with curl shrinkage making it around BSL, but the rest is extensions.

rapunzelna
November 8th, 2009, 05:50 AM
I've seen those videos before and they're pretty old. Portions of them are on You Tube. I don't know if it's real or not but uggglllyyy!

akevita2002
November 8th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a large dark sheep jumped on her back and is hugging her?
If it is real, that would be amazing. It made me want to wash it for her...
:laugh: No, you're not the only one, I was thinking about the same thing..Lolz..it's actually funny, fake or not

Desideira
November 8th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I hate to be cynical but I don't see how it can be all real either. I'm confused about how she can get the top roots to lay flat with a couple of small clips, when the rest of it is so huge. Also when she comes down the stairs it looks like it's in two sections.

I totally agree with you.

It looks like two sections an I think its only partly her hair an the rest is fake.

Sissy
November 8th, 2009, 07:21 AM
ETA: Now that I watched the video again I think the top half could be like I said above, but there is such an obvious demarcation between that part and all the hair below BSL or so. It doesnt even look the same hair - it's even sortof a different color! So I definitely think the lower 2/3 of her hair is fake.

yeah, I also think that the lower 2/3 of her hair is fake.