PDA

View Full Version : Why does my hair react differently to the same products

julliams
November 1st, 2009, 03:55 AM
I've been experimenting with about 4 conditioners right now, all cone free. I use the same shampoo each time and only on my scalp every second wash.

Let's call them A, B, C and D. When I first used each of them I had a certain feeling about them. A was wonderful, B was ok and C made my hair feel dry and D was cheap so I used it in my SMT and had wonderful results. Now after a month of pampering and using treatments twice a week I find that A is ok, B is ok, C makes my hair so soft as long as I use lots of it and D is making my hair feel dry. My least fav was C and now it is my most fav.

There is one other issue. I originally used coconut oil on my dry hair and found it made it feel dry so I used it on wet. That was better initially but now I have found that when I put it on my hair when it is almost completely dry I am getting the best results.

We have had such a crazy month of weather that I am wondering if it is a humidity issue. Can it be possible that a product's usefulness would change? My thoughts are that it could more likely be changes in weather that is making a difference on my hair.

Just contemplating,
Juliette

pinchbeck
November 1st, 2009, 08:54 AM
Is there a relationship between using conditioner and applying coconut oil?

chrissy-b
November 1st, 2009, 08:59 AM
I have this issue too. Some conditioners will work wonders for my hair, but with continual use, they seem to be blah. If I take a break and go back to them, they sometimes work well again, sometimes not. There is only one conditioner (Biolage Conditioning Balm) that gives me consistent results, which is why I probably keep coming back to that one.

I'd be interested to hear why others think this is.

Dolly
November 1st, 2009, 08:59 AM
We have had such a crazy month of weather that I am wondering if it is a humidity issue. Can it be possible that a product's usefulness would change? My thoughts are that it could more likely be changes in weather that is making a difference on my hair.

Just contemplating,
Juliette

I would guess that it is a combination of the weather and your hair simply "adjusting" to the different products.....

spidermom
November 1st, 2009, 09:08 AM
Weather will definitely change how a product works. Ingredients like glycerin and honey, for example, will pull the moisture from the environment to your hair, UNLESS if the environment is dry, then they will pull moisture from your hair.