PDA

View Full Version : Floor Length and Beyond

Pages : [1] 2 3

Catladyintown
October 31st, 2009, 10:30 PM
I just had to share this video. It called Nature. Her hair is just so beautiful.:D Here is the link. Her Profile name is longhairyo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgaajLC4CWk

Longlocks3
October 31st, 2009, 10:42 PM
WHAT! I cannot believe her hair. There isn't even any visible taper until after 'floor length'! Holy cow.

I don't think my hair terminal will ever be that long!

Catladyintown
October 31st, 2009, 11:03 PM
I know Longlocks3 I can't believe how beautiful her ends are. Also I wish I knew her hair routine.

Peter
October 31st, 2009, 11:08 PM
Wow, incredible hair!

Wicked Princess
October 31st, 2009, 11:12 PM
Wow....her hair looks so gorgeous!

I'd imagine it might be hard to care for once it's past one's feet. Still - I'd want hair like that for a day, to see if I liked it. :)

BranwenWolf
October 31st, 2009, 11:12 PM
That's amazing. It puts me in mind of the long strokes on some Chinese calligraphy- just beautiful and black and flowing.

little_acorn
November 1st, 2009, 01:02 AM
wow that is exceptionally beautiful hair - thank you catlady for that link :D

Coriander
November 1st, 2009, 01:49 AM
:bigeyes: Wow. Gorgeous. *jaw still on floor*

vdhendrix
November 1st, 2009, 02:53 AM
I know Longlocks3 I can't believe how beautiful her ends are. Also I wish I knew her hair routine.

i went to her website "longhairyo.com" she doesnt say much about her hair care routine, but says i took her 3 years to grow from shoulder to waist, she says she used to wash it every 3 days, but now she only washes it once a week, she uses about 100ml of shampoo and conditioner (no particular brand) she spends about an hour washing it, and she lets it airdry for 4 hours, she also says that she collects and saves all her loose and shed hairs

Chrissy
November 1st, 2009, 04:17 AM
Her hair is beautiful. It looks heavy!!!

Igor
November 1st, 2009, 04:45 AM
i went to her website "longhairyo.com" she doesnt say much about her hair care routine, but says i took her 3 years to grow from shoulder to waist, she says she used to wash it every 3 days, but now she only washes it once a week, she uses about 100ml of shampoo and conditioner (no particular brand) she spends about an hour washing it, and she lets it airdry for 4 hours, she also says that she collects and saves all her loose and shed hairs

I know! :lol: I was itching to know her routine and methods, but what little she wrote just doesn’t quite add up for me. Unfortunately the whole website smells more like a f3t1sh site for selling her DVDs and memberships than a “real” long hair :shrug:

Speckla
November 1st, 2009, 05:37 AM
Very pretty and amazing.

pepperminttea
November 1st, 2009, 06:18 AM
Wow, that is some beautiful hair-spiration! Thanks for the link. :)

Beatnik Guy
November 1st, 2009, 06:35 AM
She certainly has very impressive hair. :bigeyes:

Igor's right that her website is inclined towards sales, but it's nicely presented -- and it's ultimately her choice whether to play to that market (and a download long hair calendar is original).

windinherhair
November 1st, 2009, 07:01 AM
Oh my gosh. :bigeyes: And I thought Crystal Gayle's was looking good for her length. I can't believe how well her hair looks being so long past her height. You can just tell how well she takes care of it!

RavennaNight
November 1st, 2009, 07:44 AM
Wow! So shiny and healthy! She's got good genes.

MsBubbles
November 1st, 2009, 08:00 AM
Yes, very good hair genes :). I want to know what she eats, too.

Ravenmoon
November 1st, 2009, 08:05 AM
Wow, that is incredible!

eresh
November 1st, 2009, 08:53 AM
She has beautiful full hair! wow!

Catladyintown
November 1st, 2009, 03:27 PM
Your welcome Little Acorn. I liked her website.:) If she can make money keeping her long hair I say go for it. Maybe this helps pay her bills and keep her family fed.

spidermom
November 1st, 2009, 03:37 PM
Hair can be a very nice renewable resource and she seems to have no lack of it. Beautiful!

Carolyn
November 1st, 2009, 04:25 PM
Wow that was so cool! Thank you for posting the link. I was just mesmerized watching her hair move.

JamieLeigh
November 2nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
That is some gorgeous hair! She's obviously taken very good care of it. I just saw another video posted on here of a woman with floor-length hair that looks so horrible it CAN'T be real. Thank you so much for posting this! ...The boards have a karmic balance again. :p

ladycatpurrs
November 2nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
I am still drooling. I watched and then wrote down what I saw on my Santa list because that is what I want for Christmas!!

merseaone
November 2nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
I've never met an Asian who didn't have the most gorgeous hair!!!!!

merseaone
November 2nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
See next post.

merseaone
November 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
That is some gorgeous hair! She's obviously taken very good care of it. I just saw another video posted on here of a woman with floor-length hair that looks so horrible it CAN'T be real. Thank you so much for posting this! ...The boards have a karmic balance again. :p
I want to see the video of bad hair to make myself feel better!

Cinnamon Hair
November 2nd, 2009, 10:48 PM
:thud: Incredible. Thanks for posting. I was hoping she would jump out of the tree so we could watch it all go flying at the end.

rach
November 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
:blossom: beautiful and i love the way it moves . Tree is actually a good idea, allows it to move freely....

rach
November 3rd, 2009, 10:21 AM
Because of my extremely long hair, I give up a lot of things in my life
:ponder: confused?

shadowclaw
November 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
Her hair is very lovely, and I am intrigued by the the fabric she used to wrap up her hair. It looked like a hat at first, then she kind of unwound it.

Topaz
November 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Incredible hair, and so beautiful! It is definitely longer than I myself could ever handle (I know my limitations LOL!). I too would love to know more about her routine and nutrition.

I vote too for posting the BAD hair video link --- I want to feel better about my own hair too!

eresh
November 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
I think that's the video in the "Is this real?" topic on this board

squee
November 3rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
...wow...
That must take so long to clean it and brush it..... O.O
Her hair looks quite nice though :)

Amatullah
November 3rd, 2009, 11:04 PM
WOW that is absolutely gorgeous. I have never seen hair that long with such beautiful ends. Seeing videos like this is so inspiring :)

vindo
November 4th, 2009, 12:50 AM

I think for her it is more genes than anything ;)

I have seen this video before and it inspired me to do a much smaller version of this hairdo :D

gthlvrmx
June 19th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Absolutely beautiful :) Another idol into the box! I really REALLY want to be able to do that. Just sit in a tree and let my hair down :D How relaxing...:)
Her hair is so beautiful, so perfect! The color looks amazing. Must be a drag :p

Right under the category for length
???/it's a drag/???
:) Inspiration!

QueenJoey
June 19th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I've seen that vid before. Beautiful. It bothers me that she's so vague on her hair care routine. :( but still, that's my dream hair! Shiny and dark and thick and looooong and so healthy looking!

Catladyintown
June 19th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Her hair is indeed healthy looking and very gorgeous. I hope I have genetic genes like that. In my family I really don't know if anyone has every gotten beyond TB length. Both sides of our family were so poor it was a luxury to take a photo. I have only a few photo of my grandparents and aunts.

gthlvrmx
June 19th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Her hair is indeed healthy looking and very gorgeous. I hope I have genetic genes like that. In my family I really don't know if anyone has every gotten beyond TB length. Both sides of our family were so poor it was a luxury to take a photo. I have only a few photo of my grandparents and aunts.
Who knows, maybe you got the good genes :D Hopefully you do!!

Catladyintown
June 19th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks gthlvrmx:) I hope I do.

|Xei
June 19th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I've seen that vid before. Beautiful. It bothers me that she's so vague on her hair care routine. :( but still, that's my dream hair! Shiny and dark and thick and looooong and so healthy looking!

She could be one of those who only need to do minimal work to maintain beautiful hair (eg. wash, detangle, dry, repeat when needed to). Since her hair is so long and lovely, people may not believe that that's all she needs to do. So to avoid people bothering her about her non-existent hair secret, she chose to be vague about her hair care routine. That way, since she obviously does not wish to be detailed about it, people will leave her alone and just admire her hair.

Anyway, thank you to OP for sharing. She has lovely hair and it was a pleasure to see such amazing hair.

Sagi1982
June 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM
She could be one of those who only need to do minimal work to maintain beautiful hair (eg. wash, detangle, dry, repeat when needed to). Since her hair is so long and lovely, people may not believe that that's all she needs to do. So to avoid people bothering her about her non-existent hair secret, she chose to be vague about her hair care routine. That way, since she obviously does not wish to be detailed about it, people will leave her alone and just admire her hair.

Anyway, thank you to OP for sharing. She has lovely hair and it was a pleasure to see such amazing hair.

Yeah, right, maybe that just all? :D
Gentle washing, combing, handling, protective hair dos... sure she isn|t running around all day with her hair draggling the ground as she does on the pics.

gthlvrmx
June 19th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah, right, maybe that just all? :D
Gentle washing, combing, handling, protective hair dos... sure she isn|t running around all day with her hair draggling the ground as she does on the pics.
The horror if a car just ran over her perfect hair :( Sorry, i just imagined her running through a crosswalk with her hair down and how far she'd have to go past the curb before all her hair was off the road.
Or she could carry it it wrapped around her arms :p

Neneka
June 20th, 2011, 03:00 AM
I love the video but I hate peoples' comments. Why is cutting it or donating it the first thing that comes in their mind? It's like seeing a cute animal and instantly thinking about eating it. :mad:

Slinks
June 20th, 2011, 03:11 AM
WOW !! beautiful, shiny, undamaged, well cared for hair .. I must admit tho, I was a bit fearful that she'd get it caught in the bark of the tree !! :-)

Slinks
June 20th, 2011, 03:14 AM
I thought they way she wore it up was interesting too .. does anyone know of a youtube to show how to do that ??

bettylibertine
June 20th, 2011, 05:43 AM
:agape: Wow. Just wow.

Audrey Horne
June 20th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Wow just wow! So inspirational! I don't think I have it in my genes but I loved just looking at her hair :)

Becky9679
June 20th, 2011, 11:57 AM
:thudpile:
That is all

Tressie
June 20th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Beautiful!! :thudpile:

jojo
June 21st, 2011, 04:52 PM
I doubt my hair would ever get anywhere near as long as that but wow that is some long healthy hair!

Chetanlaiho
June 22nd, 2011, 03:42 PM
That's astonishing O_O And it still looks so thick and healthy near the ends, what's her secret? *frustrated just a little bit* ;) (although it's probably the things I'll never have, the genetics xD)

Sagi1982
June 23rd, 2011, 04:24 PM
The horror if a car just ran over her perfect hair :( Sorry, i just imagined her running through a crosswalk with her hair down and how far she'd have to go past the curb before all her hair was off the road.
Or she could carry it it wrapped around her arms :p

:hifive:
...or maybe wrapped around her neck as a scarf? *runs and hides*

AnnaJamila
June 23rd, 2011, 04:43 PM
:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

squiggyflop
June 23rd, 2011, 06:32 PM
help i cannot pick my jaw up off the floor!

Notluckyblessed
June 23rd, 2011, 06:36 PM
Wow so Long and Pretty! :agape:

gthlvrmx
June 23rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
:hifive:
...or maybe wrapped around her neck as a scarf? *runs and hides*

Jaja how cute :p

Quetiepi
August 30th, 2011, 06:36 PM
This was an interesting video to watch. I can't ever see myself having this length. My hair is really thick and heavy now at waist length. I wonder how much her hair weighs.

archel
August 30th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Oh my gosh!!! How do you even comb or brush hair this long? WOW!

CaityBear
August 30th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Holy amazing!! There's no taper at all from what I can see! That's so gorgeous. And I can barely make it to classic. :( I love her hair...just stunning.

fairytalehair
August 30th, 2011, 10:58 PM
wowww!! very nice hair indeed. so long!!

Shepherdess
September 24th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Sorry about bumping up an old thread, but I must say her hair is amazing! :D

jacqueline101
September 25th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Her hair is incredible and its so thick.

PandorasBox89
September 25th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Anyone else get the feeling of wanting to just walk up to her hair whilst its just cascading over her shoulder and touch it like a waterfall? It looks so soft!

PetuniaBlossom
September 25th, 2012, 05:50 AM
I'm just in awe! That has got to be the most thudworthy hair I've seen yet.
I know I couldn't possibly handle it myself, and yet I want it! :eyebrows:

piffyanne
September 26th, 2012, 03:25 AM
I just found that video of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY4xGHeeu0k Nese Melike Pedmezci-Unsa that thread was referencing. Am I the only one who thinks this looks rather awesome?

:cheese:

auburntressed
September 26th, 2012, 04:08 AM
I just found that video of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY4xGHeeu0k Nese Melike Pedmezci-Unsa that thread was referencing. Am I the only one who thinks this looks rather awesome?

:cheese:

Woah... I have never seen hair like that before. :eek: I wonder if having it in dreads makes it hard for her to pull it back when she needs to?

Or maybe she just never needs to?

piffyanne
September 26th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Woah... I have never seen hair like that before. :eek: I wonder if having it in dreads makes it hard for her to pull it back when she needs to?

Or maybe she just never needs to?
Frankly, I was wondering the same thing!

Does anyone know how she collects her hair? It must take a long time to arrange all her shed hairs lengthwise. :hmm:

Faux
September 26th, 2012, 11:06 AM
My hair feels so short now. :(

itdontmatter48
September 26th, 2012, 11:15 AM
It is incredible, but I don't think I could handle all of that. My hair is heavy just the way it is, and it's not quite WL.

MasCat
September 26th, 2012, 11:16 AM
First vid :wow, thudworthy hair!

Second vid: this is kind of cool s well ;)

MrsGuther
September 26th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Holy wow!! That is some amazing hair!!!

pixiepaws
September 26th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Pretty nice hair I wonder if she has a terminal length!

moon2dove
September 26th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Amazing!!! :thud:

LadyLongLocks
June 1st, 2013, 05:31 PM
Bumping up this thread to keep the idea of floor length and beyond going!
Long hair yo has disappeared from the internet and froze her site.
I had a couple conversations with her when she first come online. I think she was going to sell her hair but instead made her website because people talked her out of cutting. Last time I spoke to her, her dog (as seen in the video) was very sick and this devastated her.
Her hair is so beautiful. Here is another video of her. There are a few on youtube on various channels.
http://youtu.be/FMtiiOz3NQ0

Few people can grow hair like this!

emeraldfaery
June 1st, 2013, 07:10 PM
WOW! Rapunzel in a tree! I thought she was done unwrapping it when she still had the purple thing on her head and then she took it down more!

Shepherdess
June 1st, 2013, 10:29 PM
I had a couple conversations with her when she first come online. I think she was going to sell her hair but instead made her website because people talked her out of cutting. Last time I spoke to her, her dog (as seen in the video) was very sick and this devastated her.
Her hair is so beautiful. Here is another video of her. There are a few on youtube on various channels.

Oh, she does have such lovely hair! I hope I can grow hair as healthy and long as that some day. :)

HumanBean
June 2nd, 2013, 12:07 AM
It would appear she did sell her hair last year. If you go to the Guestbook section of her website, it links to photos of the hair being cut and for sale. It's possible it's not her, but it sure does look like it.

catamonica
June 3rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
I have seen that video before. It's beautiful, but that would be to long to care for. I wouldn't want my hair dragging the ground.

TheVegan6
October 2nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Her hair is soooo beautiful! Oh my gosh, I want my hair like that!!!

breezer
October 2nd, 2013, 08:05 PM
There was a moment I saw the dog playing around near under her feet and was worried it would start pawing at/pulling the hair and was nervous...

All those who want to go and stroke it to see how soft it was - of course you should say hi first and be polite, ask if she can show it to you more, then if you could feel it!

Rio040113
October 2nd, 2013, 08:14 PM
Wow, I wish I had that kind of thickness and condition at hip, let alone anything more... Maybe one day! :pray:

cat11
April 22nd, 2014, 07:44 PM
I AM SO JEALOUS. First, Ive always wanted darker hair. Second, I've always wanted silky straight hair like that )and Ill never, ever, ever have it though it gets more weighted out as I grow it... ughhh). Third, its so long!!!!

Ill bet wrapping it up in fabric like that keeps it in such nice condition.

I thought it was trashy how you needed to pay for pictures of it though. Shes hustling her hair lol.

xsampa
August 26th, 2014, 03:03 PM
...she collects and saves all her loose and shed hairs

Why does she want to collect all her shed hairs? Really? What's the pt. ?

GilaShorty
September 1st, 2014, 02:12 PM
:surprise:Wauw

gthlvrmx
September 1st, 2014, 02:38 PM
Why does she want to collect all her shed hairs? Really? What's the pt. ?

You can make a hair donut with your saved hair or even experiment on shed hairs instead of experimenting on the hair on your head. Im not so sure why she specifically saves hair :P

Avis
September 1st, 2014, 02:39 PM
:thud:

Never have I wanted 1a hair more than I did the first few minutes after watching those videos. I would never want my hair that long, but it's in such beautiful condition, how could I NOT thud after seeing it? Great thread!

calmyogi
September 1st, 2014, 02:52 PM
It's beautiful, but i'm not sure I would want hair longer than my own ankles lol. It seems like a lot of work!

Aurum
September 1st, 2014, 04:42 PM
That hair must weigh a ton. I wonder how/how often she washes it; I'm sure it would be extremely cumbersome to handle.

chen bao jun
September 1st, 2014, 06:24 PM
I was disappointed to find that this thread was not one focusing on LHCers at floor length and beyond! I know there are at least two of these....

Madora
September 1st, 2014, 08:51 PM
Really enjoyed the second video (with the little dog). Her hair is simply incredible! So supple! So healthy...all the way down! Tons and tons of patience and TLC!!! I wonder how she wears it up.

brickworld13
September 3rd, 2014, 02:36 PM
I was disappointed to find that this thread was not one focusing on LHCers at floor length and beyond! I know there are at least two of these....

I'm not sure who you are remembering, but I know of one. There is a blonde lady who lives in Hawaii and did a lot of style threads a couple years ago. Her posts were always inspiring. I can't remember her username though.

Madora
September 3rd, 2014, 03:23 PM
brickworld13, her name was Arc. I believe she has her own website also.

brickworld13
September 3rd, 2014, 04:08 PM
Thanks Madora! I will have to go check out her posts for styling ideas. I used to be able to adapt some of her styles to shorter lengths when I was motivated.

Madora
September 3rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
Thanks Madora! I will have to go check out her posts for styling ideas. I used to be able to adapt some of her styles to shorter lengths when I was motivated.

You are welcome, brickworld13. Have you seen the beautiful tutorials on You Tube by Torrin Paige and Lilith Moon? Lots of inspiration!

brickworld13
September 4th, 2014, 06:32 AM
You are welcome, brickworld13. Have you seen the beautiful tutorials on You Tube by Torrin Paige and Lilith Moon? Lots of inspiration!

I have their channels saved in my favorites, but I currently cannot access YouTube. I will spare you the details and just say it will be fixed when I have internet at home. Hopefully I get that internet service soon.

chen bao jun
September 4th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Doesn't JJJ Longhair have floor length hair?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH84uWZFxsM
There is another lady who showed up in the past six months or so on one of the threads about hair length vs. bun size and blew us all away with her really thick floor length hair but I forget her name. So that makes three and besides this Hawaiian lady, I remember at least one other.

Madora
September 4th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Doesn't JJJ Longhair have floor length hair?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH84uWZFxsM
There is another lady who showed up in the past six months or so on one of the threads about hair length vs. bun size and blew us all away with her really thick floor length hair but I forget her name. So that makes three and besides this Hawaiian lady, I remember at least one other.

Yes, chen bao jun, JJJ Longhair had floor length hair..but I think she cut back a bit. Fabulous, fabulous hair!

brickworld13
September 4th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Yes, chen bao jun, JJJ Longhair had floor length hair..but I think she cut back a bit. Fabulous, fabulous hair!

There is a new member I saw post in a different thread about how her hair is floor length and she mentioned she was only 18. I will go see if I can find that post.

ETA: Her username gives it away, floorlonghair

gossamer
September 4th, 2014, 11:41 AM
There is a new member I saw post in a different thread about how her hair is floor length and she mentioned she was only 18. I will go see if I can find that post.

I'd take that claim with a large grain of salt...

brickworld13
September 4th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I'd take that claim with a large grain of salt...

Well of course. A lot of things online need to be taken with a lot of salt.

KwaveT
September 4th, 2014, 01:28 PM
I went and look at this new member's profile and she lists 60 inches as her length and type 1a as her hair type. I am five foot six tall and floor length on me would be in the 70s. For one this person is probably less than five feet tall. There are other members here with 60 inch length but are taller than this person. If 60 inches is floor length with 1a hair and she is very short in height then I say it is very probable this person has floor length hair. Don't be so quick to dismiss if you have not looked at profile. We don't know one way or other until she can post pictures.

brickworld13
September 4th, 2014, 01:36 PM
I went and look at this new member's profile and she lists 60 inches as her length and type 1a as her hair type. I am five foot six tall and floor length on me would be in the 70s. For one this person is probably less than five feet tall. There are other members here with 60 inch length but are taller than this person. If 60 inches is floor length with 1a hair and she is very short in height then I say it is very probable this person has floor length hair. Don't be so quick to dismiss if you have not looked at profile. We don't know one way or other until she can post pictures.

Thank you for doing the research. :flowers: :) I was not meaning to dimiss her claim as a falsehood. I'm just a very skeptical person. 60" is exactly five feet tall, and I know quite a few women who are just barely that tall. It is most definitely possible, and I look forward to seeing pictures if she ever wishes to post some.

KwaveT
September 4th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Thank you for doing the research. :flowers: :) I was not meaning to dimiss her claim as a falsehood. I'm just a very skeptical person. 60" is exactly five feet tall, and I know quite a few women who are just barely that tall. It is most definitely possible, and I look forward to seeing pictures if she ever wishes to post some.

If she was using LHC method by starting her measurement of her hair length at front of scalp, she is clearly four feet and some inches with her physical height. That is how I surmised she is a very short person. Because she is 1a she gets to keep all her hair length. Her hair has little bind in it if any at all. 60 inches was her hair length in her profile not her height.

chen bao jun
September 4th, 2014, 04:02 PM
This was the one I was trying to think of. She sounds foreign and I wasn't sure exactly what she was trying to say exactly, but she wrote a post that said she has no photos or can't post photos or something. I see there is some skepticism about her claims from reading the last few posts on this thread. I guess we have to wait to see if she can post pictures ever to tell if her hair is just exactly floor length, or if she is ankle length or gasp! she's on this board and isn't a long hair!! but just pretending. (But I don't see what the point of that would be).
I still can't think of the name of the lady who posted the amazing photos in the bun vs. length thread. It was something like Southern Belle or something that implied southernness. There was also a another one who directed me once to her photos from a long hair meet, but of course I can't remember where that meet or what her name was, either...
Ah, the elusive floorlengths.
Sorry to hear JJJ got a haircut but I'm not the one who has to take care of her hair. Or go around with it. I understand this Xie Qiuping world record holder with the 18 foot long hair (the last 3 or 4 feet are very tapered but still..)Anyway, she goes around now with a woman with a basket following her, holding the hair in a basket. Doesn't sound like the most convenient way to live. And what a job! 'Official hair carrier.."

I guess at some point updoes stopped working for her.

HeavenlyTresses
August 19th, 2015, 11:25 AM
My LHC-versary isn't until November but I thought I would celebrate this little milestone of mine :D

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m533/Godiva97/FotorCreated.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/Godiva97/media/FotorCreated.jpg.html)

DollyDagger
August 19th, 2015, 11:27 AM
beyond words..
just wow!

merseaone
August 19th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Maybe she want s to make jewelry from it like the Victorians did. I still have my hair when I had it cut before it it started falling out when I went through chemo. I have thought about figuring out how to use it to create a picture from it.

brickworld13
August 19th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Congratulations! :applause :cheer: :cake:

merseaone
August 19th, 2015, 11:44 AM

There is an oriental lady I met once that cut her hair at the beginning of every summer because her hair grew so fast that it would be waist length by summer! She said everything she ate went to her hair and she is tall and thin! And my Breast Cancer Surgeon has thick blonde hair and she cuts it every summer because it grows so fast. I want to know why it has taken me 4 and 1/2 years to get it around waist length.... I'm not complaining to loudly, at least I still have hair! :D https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11351383_10153275964956885_1815756745814596749_n.j pg?oh=70d27b11486de479ee6965a9a919aa99&oe=560C13FE

lapushka
August 19th, 2015, 11:45 AM
My LHC-versary isn't until November but I thought I would celebrate this little milestone of mine :D

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m533/Godiva97/FotorCreated.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/Godiva97/media/FotorCreated.jpg.html)

That is simply amazing. And for iii hair like mine, that is awe-inspiring!

Crumpet
August 19th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Heavenly Tresses -- that is some amazing hair. I'm in awe of both the loose and the braided hair.

Teufelchen
August 21st, 2015, 04:23 AM
Heavenly Tresses::thudpile::thudpile::thudpile:
Your hair is a true inspiration and totally thudworthy.

HeavenlyTresses
August 21st, 2015, 12:09 PM
Thank you!!! I maintained at ankle for so long and it just kept growing so curiosity got the best of me to see how far it will go. The braid keeps it off the floor but I can see I may have to figure out a braid that eats more length soon :)

Night_Kitten
August 21st, 2015, 12:35 PM
WOW, that is amazing HeavenlyTresses! Congrats on beyond floor length, it's an incredible milestone! :thudpile:

Beatnik Guy
August 21st, 2015, 05:17 PM
HeavenlyTresses : :agape:

Clarkie
August 21st, 2015, 06:10 PM

Uh.... little milestone????? Your hair is amaaaazing!!! :applause

meteor
August 21st, 2015, 06:48 PM
Heavenly Tresses, your hair is past floor now! Wow! :thudpile: Congratulations! That's super awe-inspiring! :applause

hennalonghair
August 21st, 2015, 06:59 PM
Thank you!!! I maintained at ankle for so long and it just kept growing so curiosity got the best of me to see how far it will go. The braid keeps it off the floor but I can see I may have to figure out a braid that eats more length soon :)
This is so inspiring. Youve got stunning hair. 80 inches is long.:thud:

Angela_Rose
August 21st, 2015, 07:11 PM
Holy macaroni, Heavenly Tresses. That is astounding and gorgeous and beautiful and inspirational. Congratulations!!!!

Bill D.
August 21st, 2015, 09:04 PM
The braid keeps it off the floor but I can see I may have to figure out a braid that eats more length soon :)

Beautiful and envy-inducing hair, HeavenlyTresses!

Regarding the braid, I once saw a woman with a thick braid which would have reached to her knees, but it was doubled over and only reached a little past her waist. I wonder if that would work?

Bill D.

gthlvrmx
August 21st, 2015, 09:34 PM

Try looking up the Cable Braid to eat a lot of length or even the Hawser braid if you want to keep some length. I'll post some links to the videos, TorrinPaige did them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U3oHm8I-gs&index=12&list=PLF3508F6411A91FDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y3LvWpncQQ&index=70&list=PLF3508F6411A91FDE

Groovy Granny
August 21st, 2015, 09:58 PM
I have no words for the beauty of these lengths....:bigeyes:

Saldana
August 21st, 2015, 10:04 PM
WOW!!! Congratulations! Your hair is simply gorgeous. :)

hennalonghair
August 21st, 2015, 10:11 PM
Beautiful and envy-inducing hair, HeavenlyTresses!

Regarding the braid, I once saw a woman with a thick braid which would have reached to her knees, but it was doubled over and only reached a little past her waist. I wonder if that would work?

Bill D.
I once saw a woman who had a braid that was doubled up like a half up and it still hung down to her tailbone. It was super impressive .

Teazel
August 22nd, 2015, 12:24 AM

Heavenly tresses indeed! :thud:

AutobotsAttack
August 22nd, 2015, 08:19 AM
That's absolutely amazing! I wonder what hairstyles and/or bun styles she comes up with.

HeavenlyTresses
August 22nd, 2015, 08:27 PM
Thanks again for all the compliments :blushing: I am able to fold the braid and took a pic today which I will try to load tomorrow (son has my phone cord). I guess I never do it because the length has never been a problem before. Now it gets caught in my flip flops :) Thank you for the links gthlvemx, I love Torrin Paige's videos! I can also do the cable and hauser braids but if I put them in the ponytail like she does it causes headaches because all the weight is concentrated in one place so they make a rare appearance. I can also do a 4 strand braid but haven't done one in a long time so I will try it again soon to see how much length that eats up. There are also several buns I can do but I have not mastered the weight balance problem and headaches ensue shortly after it goes up. Maybe I need to make a bun collage too?

hennalonghair
August 22nd, 2015, 09:58 PM
Well YEAH! If I had hair THAT long I'd have a braid collage, a bun collage. A half up collage, a loads of photo albums filled with pics. :thumbsup: for sure!

hennalonghair
August 22nd, 2015, 09:59 PM
So is it 80 inches stretched out or 80 inches dried as is?

Pani
November 6th, 2015, 04:04 PM
It does seem like China and India have both the largest populations, and the most women with exceptionally long (and beautiful) hair.

cat11
November 7th, 2015, 08:13 AM
I know my goal says knee but I do dream of being in this thread. I just don't want to declare such a long goal and then go back on it because I don't know what super long hair entails yet. I mean I've read about it but I haven't lived it. I really want to grow my hair as long as it can go but I'm only 90% ready to commit. I read the tale of genji where women had past floor length hair in all different conditions and it really inspired me and made me want to grow my hair out to the best and longest it can be. I don't really want to persue terminal, per se, because I will always trim and I want to maintain nice ends. I guess I'll grow to knee for now, and then we'll see!!

Brick I think Stagecoach has floor length hair but I could be wrong it might be knee or ankle or something. The floor lengthers tend to lay low.. :/ When I get to longer lengths I intend to post pictures specifically because pics are lacking :)

Arctic
November 7th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Stagecoach has cut her her, she started a thread about it some months ago.

gossamer
November 7th, 2015, 08:38 AM
I know my goal says knee but I do dream of being in this thread. I just don't want to declare such a long goal and then go back on it because I don't know what super long hair entails yet. I mean I've read about it but I haven't lived it. I really want to grow my hair as long as it can go but I'm only 90% ready to commit. I read the tale of genji where women had past floor length hair in all different conditions and it really inspired me and made me want to grow my hair out to the best and longest it can be. I don't really want to persue terminal, per se, because I will always trim and I want to maintain nice ends. I guess I'll grow to knee for now, and then we'll see!!

Brick I think Stagecoach has floor length hair but I could be wrong it might be knee or ankle or something. The floor lengthers tend to lay low.. :/ When I get to longer lengths I intend to post pictures specifically because pics are lacking :)

It's not much to look at towards the bottom, but I am beyond floor length:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19443&d=1445202382

Wish I had hair like JJJ or HeavenlyTresses. Hair envy exists at these lengths too!

Sarahlabyrinth
November 7th, 2015, 09:07 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19443&d=1445202382

Wish I had hair like JJJ or HeavenlyTresses. Hair envy exists at these lengths too!

With hair as beautiful as yours I can't believe you would envy anyone else's! Yours is just stunning!

chen bao jun
November 7th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Wow, Gossamer!! so very gorgeous. than ks for sharing. You don't need to envy anybody, I think if people saw you and JJJ and Heavenly Tresses all lined up in a row, they couldn't pick a 'most' beautiful, its just ALL so beautiful and so lovely to see.

Pani, there seems to be some genetic factor at work, China (and Japan, but they don't anymore because they are too modern) seems to produce longhairs who had double digit lengths (14 feet, 16 feet, the record I think was or is a lady with 18 feet but the last 2 feet or so are just a single hair); India, the longhairs have 7 or 8 feet, which is only half as much but still incredibly impressive; the Slavic countries though traditionally also produce way beyond floor length hair; its hard to compare though because these are contemporary hair length records and who knows what lengths women had in the more industrially advanced countries before hair salons became the modern and fashion forward thing. OUr board might have to be a little lab where we see what lengths can be achieved by our members. I'm sorry to hear Stagecoach cut, although of course that is her business. Can anyone link to the thread?

parkmikii
November 7th, 2015, 10:20 AM

:thud:!!!
Your hair is gorgeous! I really hope I can reach that length as well :o

cat11
November 7th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Gossamer except for some inches (not many) I think that your hair looks almost exactly like HeavenlyTresses. Yours seems to have a less course texture though :) I envy JJJ's hair too... so thick. I still haven't completely gotten over wanting straight hair.

Also, I was un-aware stagecoach cut. Thanks for the info, Arctic. I'll try to find the thread..

Silverbrumby
November 7th, 2015, 08:27 PM
With hair as beautiful as yours I can't believe you would envy anyone else's! Yours is just stunning!

Sarahlabyrinth, it seems like only yesterday we joined the AP to BSL thread. Your growth is astounding and I see knee, ankle and floor in your future as well.

Everyone else, I just LOVE all your hair. Thank you for sharing and showing us what healthy beautiful hair looks like.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 7th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Sarahlabyrinth, it seems like only yesterday we joined the AP to BSL thread. Your growth is astounding and I see knee, ankle and floor in your future as well.

Everyone else, I just LOVE all your hair. Thank you for sharing and showing us what healthy beautiful hair looks like.

Thank you Silverbrumby. Yes, I remember the APL to BSL thread seemed to take ages to go by. To be honest, once I reach Classic I might well see if I can get to knee - though I am worried that my growth may falter or even regress as I enter menopause. So often you hear about drastic thinning around menopause and I feel somewhat intimidated at the thought. My mother still has plenty of hair though at 91 and my father had a full head of hair when he passed at 94 so perhaps genetics will be in my favour. My maternal grandmother also had long hair until she died. (Before I was born). Anyway, you have given me hope that I may be able to achieve longer lengths.

I always stop to admire your hair too whenever I see it ;)

gossamer
November 11th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Oh my goodness I am so behind!

Ah, but envy is quite an insidious thing like that, isn't it? Making us unable to see how great we already have something? :)

Wow, Gossamer!! so very gorgeous. than ks for sharing. You don't need to envy anybody, I think if people saw you and JJJ and Heavenly Tresses all lined up in a row, they couldn't pick a 'most' beautiful, its just ALL so beautiful and so lovely to see.

:blossom: as ever, your perspective is welcome and I appreciate getting your take on this. Gives me a much better, more positive, way to look out at the world. Thank you!

:thud:!!!
Your hair is gorgeous! I really hope I can reach that length as well :o
Thanks!!

Gossamer except for some inches (not many) I think that your hair looks almost exactly like HeavenlyTresses. Yours seems to have a less course texture though :) I envy JJJ's hair too... so thick. I still haven't completely gotten over wanting straight hair.

Yeah, I think I need to come to terms with my hair being wavy, not as straight as it used to be, while still being mostly fine (hence the tangles). It's really only been the past 5 or so years that its wavy character is revealing itself. I watch JJJ and arc691's videos and, wow, the things they can do with their hairtype that I can't dream of doing with mine. Amazing!

cat11
November 14th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Gossamer, I am in the same boat as you with wavy, fine hair. It does tangle quite easily. I think that's why I haven't been able to figure out French braiding and lace braiding and things like that which require intricate sectioning. My hair loves sticking to itself...

Shepherdess
November 19th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Gossamer, your hair is so gorgeous! :thudpile:

HeavenlyTresses
December 15th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Gossamer, your hair is something amazing from top to bottom! And I envy your ends because when I brush mine they become a frizzy beast! Finger combing is my best friend :D Mine hasn't grown much more but new pictures are in the very near future!

Bergelmir
December 15th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Gossamer, I am in the same boat as you with wavy, fine hair. It does tangle quite easily. I think that's why I haven't been able to figure out French braiding and lace braiding and things like that which require intricate sectioning. My hair loves sticking to itself...
Unfortunately i have to agree and i got a pretty similar hairtype, fine and able to tangle like crazy. But everything got pros and cons, on the pro side is the sometimes big volume the hair is able to add in term they feel like. Ultimately nothing and nobody is perfect, it's all a matter of preferences and i guess the high diversity is the key to real beauty, comparable to mother nature.

cat11
December 15th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Unfortunately i have to agree and i got a pretty similar hairtype, fine and able to tangle like crazy. But everything got pros and cons, on the pro side is the sometimes big volume the hair is able to add in term they feel like. Ultimately nothing and nobody is perfect, it's all a matter of preferences and i guess the high diversity is the key to real beauty, comparable to mother nature.

Yes I totally agree. I know that while I may admire people with straight hair sometimes because its silky and looks like it is easy to deal with (which for all we know, might not even really be true) sometimes they get bored with having hair that always just looks straight. Mother nature does that- theres no one perfect type of anything.

Bergelmir
December 15th, 2015, 05:23 PM
I guess the biggest difference between straight "solid" hair and fine/wavy hair is that the straight ones got more possibilities for styling as they are easier to be handled for example when doing braids so they have more options for styling in theory. However, the tasty thing considering my hair is; They kinda can add some freeform structure with a somewhat own behavior. As long as i let them open and shine by itself, they are surely fun to take a look at. But doing braids is a very hard task and i try to avoid. I even do worry if i may put to much force on those fine hairs. But when using a clip my hair is great because i can virtually "tangle" almost any clip inside without much force, it will tangle just as crazy such as my hairs. 8)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 15th, 2015, 06:52 PM

Are you sure you aren't talking about my hair? :p Even if I try and do a French braid, such a simple thing, I can easily get a tangle towards my ends and I have to spend 10 minutes trying to detangle with one hand while the other holds the semi completed braid. It's a nightmare, really. I hardly ever do anything in the way of braids for this very reason.

Bergelmir
December 15th, 2015, 08:04 PM
:D This is kinda fun, looks like we got a bunch of members with the almost same issue so i say there is a empiric evidence. Besides, when i was looking at your hair picture the matter was clear to me, your hair is incredible fine.

I just had to share this video. It called Nature. Her hair is just so beautiful.:D Here is the link. Her Profile name is longhairyo.
Regarding this link and her hairs. She looks like a asia woman and she might be rather short on body lenght. I guess in term those hairs are weared on my body of 73.2 inch size it might not anymore look that awesome considering the "overfoot" to bottom length. So i say, sure it's all nice and stuff but i think it is not unseen in the world driving into this spec. Certainly she is going commercial but it may not add enough of value to me without a extensive background story, especially how she is maintaining her hairs health which would be useful to me. As far as i know (reading old posts) she is not providing lot of those useful informations. She might just be a natural miracle but at such lengths even the most vital hairs will need a good treatment, this is unavoidable.

But there is also the overall perception and HeavenlyTresses hair looks more interesting to me, i'm amazed about the healthy look at such lengths.

MsPharaohMoan
December 15th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Well YEAH! If I had hair THAT long I'd have a braid collage, a bun collage. A half up collage, a loads of photo albums filled with pics. :thumbsup: for sure!

All the collages! :joy:

gossamer
December 16th, 2015, 05:58 AM
Gossamer, your hair is something amazing from top to bottom! And I envy your ends because when I brush mine they become a frizzy beast! Finger combing is my best friend :D Mine hasn't grown much more but new pictures are in the very near future!
Oh, I finger comb too! It's funny, though, my ends are from back when my hair was pretty straight and fine in texture, and my upper lengths are from this "new" hair of the past 6 years or so that's wavier and a mix of fine and medium hairs. Multiple personality disorder hair! Looking forward to your new photos - from your most recent mini-meet?

Are you sure you aren't talking about my hair? :p Even if I try and do a French braid, such a simple thing, I can easily get a tangle towards my ends and I have to spend 10 minutes trying to detangle with one hand while the other holds the semi completed braid. It's a nightmare, really. I hardly ever do anything in the way of braids for this very reason.

I've managed french and dutch braids in the past week because, for the moment, my hair is overloaded with cones and, as much as it ever might be, "slippery." Now, that doesn't mean I'm not getting tangles while I try to separate sections, but it does mean that they break up much more easily than usual. I'll probably clarify after my upcoming vacation and reset back to snarly, minimally coney hair again because it's going to get plasticy soon, but for now I'm enjoying the braids! (still haven't attempted a lace braid, I know those won't work because my hair just isn't smooth, even when very coney.

I went years using only cone-free conditioners, enjoying the pronounced waves I would get in my hair that wasn't weighed down, but the cones are necessary right now for handling my hair at this length.

Gossamer, your hair is so gorgeous! :thudpile:
:blossom: Thank you, Shepherdess!

HeavenlyTresses
December 17th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Oh, I finger comb too! It's funny, though, my ends are from back when my hair was pretty straight and fine in texture, and my upper lengths are from this "new" hair of the past 6 years or so that's wavier and a mix of fine and medium hairs. Multiple personality disorder hair! Looking forward to your new photos - from your most recent mini-meet?

Ah yes, my ends are the same! Most pictures you can't tell but this one you can see (or at least I can) a line just below classic where I joined LHC and really started taking care of my hair.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9251&d=1392620624

I have some new photos that I took before Thanksgiving and a few from a mini-meet that I will post as soon as photobucket starts to cooperate with me :D

Shepherdess
December 17th, 2015, 11:27 PM
HeavenlyTresses, your hair truly is heavenly! I am just in awe of how long and thick it is! :thud: I hope to have hair similar to that someday. Thanks so much for sharing! :flower:

Teufelchen
December 18th, 2015, 03:13 AM
HeavenlyTresses, your hair simply leaves me speechless. :thudpile:

lapushka
December 18th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Ah yes, my ends are the same! Most pictures you can't tell but this one you can see (or at least I can) a line just below classic where I joined LHC and really started taking care of my hair.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9251&d=1392620624

I have some new photos that I took before Thanksgiving and a few from a mini-meet that I will post as soon as photobucket starts to cooperate with me :D

Gorgeous!!! :D

Wow, it does look maybe a little more dull past classic, but I get that too, at around that length, with proper care at that - it's just the ends get so dry after a while, and no amount of moisture seems to be able to take care of that - and I double condition too!

trolleypup
December 18th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Gorgeous!!! :D
Amazing.

Wow, it does look maybe a little more dull past classic, but I get that too, at around that length, with proper care at that - it's just the ends get so dry after a while, and no amount of moisture seems to be able to take care of that - and I double condition too!
Granted, I don't treat my hair like old lace (more like an nice silk shirt), but when I look at my full length sheds (48"+/1.25m+), there is a visible difference in thickness from the root to the tip, and the texture of the strand changes end to end...of course the color also changes. I think, for these extreme lengths, it is simply accumulated mechanical wear and there is a limit to what products and care can do to maintain the hair in its original condition.

littlestarface
December 18th, 2015, 10:57 AM

Wowza! Your hair is goergous, its thick from top to bottom!!!!!!! You are truly lucky, I wish I could accomplish such beauty but alas it is not ment to be. Please enjoy this wonderful thick hair! ^_^

Sarahlabyrinth
December 18th, 2015, 11:53 AM
HeavenlyTresses, they truly are! :thudpile:

CousinItt
December 18th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Gossamer and HeavenlyTresses wow. You real-life rapunzels are killing me with your pretty hair. Amazing!

Groovy Granny
December 18th, 2015, 12:21 PM

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S :thud:

hanne jensen
December 18th, 2015, 12:41 PM

I have some new photos that I took before Thanksgiving and a few from a mini-meet that I will post as soon as photobucket starts to cooperate with me :D:

:thudpile: Your hair is gorgeous. I can't believe how thick your hemline is at that length. I hope that someday I can have hair as long and beautiful as you.

(Rushes off to massage scalp to stimulate growth)

eresh
December 18th, 2015, 03:48 PM
whoa heavenly tresses, gorgeous hair!
how do you treat your ends?
do you microtrim or something else especially?

Ellethwyn
December 18th, 2015, 11:55 PM

That is one epic head of hair! It looks so healthy and pretty<3

Ellethwyn
December 18th, 2015, 11:59 PM
HeavenlyTresses, your hair is totally epic! Real life Rapunzel! :D I'm echoing everyone here, your hair is beautiful! The thickness is lovely!

lapushka
December 19th, 2015, 03:24 AM
Granted, I don't treat my hair like old lace (more like an nice silk shirt), but when I look at my full length sheds (48"+/1.25m+), there is a visible difference in thickness from the root to the tip, and the texture of the strand changes end to end...of course the color also changes. I think, for these extreme lengths, it is simply accumulated mechanical wear and there is a limit to what products and care can do to maintain the hair in its original condition.

Yeah, I know. It's like I keep throwing product at it, and it just won't absorb past a certain amount. :lol: I still put a serum and a leave-in on my hair on top of that. Can't hurt. :shrug:

Beatnik Guy
December 19th, 2015, 06:22 AM

Look forward to seeing the rest of the photos. :D

embee
December 19th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Just *thud*. :)

HeavenlyTresses
December 19th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Thank you all for the kind compliments! One thing I really like about this thread is that you can see that these lengths are achievable for many different hair types. I have been really lucky in that my hair is very easy to care for, mostly I just wash it and leave it alone with a trim and S&D here and there. I don't oil very much because my hair is very picky about what I put in it. Like coconut oil. Hair says :blueeek: and it makes the ends feel like velcro. Argan oil however, hair says :joy: I just have to be careful not to put too much. And at this point I try to always find a spray bottle instead of those little squirt bottles that you put the oil in your hands and run it through your hair. That could take an hour vs. a few sprays and done.

trolleypup: I absolutely agree with you! If you think about the ends and how long they've been around it's a miracle that they don't just break off. Even with trims and S&D I still see the same difference from root to tip. I had attributed my braid taper to the fact that there is always new hair growing at the top half, making it thicker but the new growth doesn't reach the hemline. I never thought about the taper of the indivual hairs themselves.

eresh: When I maintanied my hair at ankle length I would regularly trim it about an inch every 3 or 4 months. Now since I'm doing this "How long will it grow" experiment I only trim 1/4 to 1/2 an inch every 6 months or so with S&D in between.

The previous picture I posted was taken in February 2014 but this one is from almost one month ago and the length is 81 inches. The first 2 pics are my hair freshly washed and air dried with minimal finger combing and the third is after I brushed it with an off brand tangle teezer. For some reason the second 2 pictures appear a little fuzzy when I added them to the collage :hmm: I prefer the way the ends look before I brush them as they get all fluffy and undefined when I do brush.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20475&d=1450544267

Sarahlabyrinth
December 19th, 2015, 01:20 PM
HeavenlyTresses, oh my! Your hair is showing no signs of stopping growing:) So glorious... I have a question for you, if you don't mind. Do you find it hard to handle at that length? As opposed to, say, classic or knee. Is it hard to find a comfortable updo? What is your most used updo, for that matter? Oops, that was more than one question.... :p

chen bao jun
December 19th, 2015, 02:48 PM
thank you for sharing, Heavenly Tresses, this is wonderful to see. Very beautiful hair.

lapushka
December 19th, 2015, 03:09 PM
OMG, it's getting longer with every post. :D :shocked: It is simply divine & amazing!!! :D

HeavenlyTresses
December 21st, 2015, 08:32 AM
HeavenlyTresses, oh my! Your hair is showing no signs of stopping growing:) So glorious... I have a question for you, if you don't mind. Do you find it hard to handle at that length? As opposed to, say, classic or knee. Is it hard to find a comfortable updo? What is your most used updo, for that matter? Oops, that was more than one question.... :p

Thank you :) You can ask all the questions you want, don't stop at just one! I really don't find it to be more of a problem at this length but maybe that is because as it gets longer I just find ways to adjust? I do have to keep it off the floor because the dogs step on it though. Sometimes in the mornings coffee comes before hair and the dogs don't understand personal space :lol:. Updo's are hard for me because of the weight. I've tried every bun I can think of and they always give me a headache but braids are fine. I usually put it in a french or dutch braid but the tassle is almost on the floor now so I will have to either fold up the end or switch to a braid that will eat up the length more.

papayatree
December 21st, 2015, 08:50 AM
Hey HeavenlyTresses, Fellow Georgian here, I have a few questions to ask because I am amazed at your glorious hair. 1. Does Classic length still feel "long" now that your at floor length? 2.Are there milestones after floor length, or is it forever floor?

Echileruwen
December 21st, 2015, 09:34 AM
Heavenly Tresses, you seem to be doing a good job of making people jealous! Great hair! :)

meteor
December 21st, 2015, 09:48 AM
Oh my Gosh, HeavenlyTresses, your hair is out of this world stunning!!! :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile:

If you don't mind me asking: How do you like to approach the process of drying hair and detangling at this length (in the shower or when the hair is dry? do you prefer to use fingers, combs, brushes?)
Also, I'm beyond impressed that you French/Dutch-braid your hair routinely even at this length :bigeyes: - do you like any particular conditioners/oils for keeping hair so manageable?

Amapola
December 21st, 2015, 09:58 AM
Gorgeous, Heavenly Tresses! I think it's great you are going for more length. :thumbsup:

I wanted to make a comment about the hair strand being thinner at the end than the root. I braid horsehair for a living, this would be hair from the tail, and I have long noticed this taper in each individual hair. In making my braids I count the hair out into bundles, and the taper is so pronounced that I actually have to turn half the hairs upside down, if you see what I mean, to counteract that taper and make my braids come out even. The point here is, even when you are using the exact same amount of hair in each bundle, there is still a very pronounced taper in the braid, something I find pretty interesting. It is *not* caused by baby hairs etc, these are all the same length. Now, horses are outside for the most part, and they use their tails to swish around and chase off flies, so one might think it's mechanical damage. I see this though even in the tail hair of pampered show horses who spend most of their lives indoors and have their tails carefully braided and put up as soon as their show is done. Some of them have hair that drags the ground, and so even in these very carefully kept and cared for horses, the hair has a taper in it. Anyway, all this is by way of saying, yes, this happens to hair the older it gets, and it happens in other species besides humans.

Sorry. I'm a little hair-obsessed, I spend all day long looking at it closely, so I find the subject fascinating, and others who understand me to be highly intelligent with excellent taste. :lol:

littlestarface
December 21st, 2015, 10:08 AM
Gorgeous, Heavenly Tresses! I think it's great you are going for more length. :thumbsup:

I wanted to make a comment about the hair strand being thinner at the end than the root. I braid horsehair for a living, this would be hair from the tail, and I have long noticed this taper in each individual hair. In making my braids I count the hair out into bundles, and the taper is so pronounced that I actually have to turn half the hairs upside down, if you see what I mean, to counteract that taper and make my braids come out even. The point here is, even when you are using the exact same amount of hair in each bundle, there is still a very pronounced taper in the braid, something I find pretty interesting. It is *not* caused by baby hairs etc, these are all the same length. Now, horses are outside for the most part, and they use their tails to swish around and chase off flies, so one might think it's mechanical damage. I see this though even in the tail hair of pampered show horses who spend most of their lives indoors and have their tails carefully braided and put up as soon as their show is done. Some of them have hair that drags the ground, and so even in these very carefully kept and cared for horses, the hair has a taper in it. Anyway, all this is by way of saying, yes, this happens to hair the older it gets, and it happens in other species besides humans.

Sorry. I'm a little hair-obsessed, I spend all day long looking at it closely, so I find the subject fascinating, and others who understand me to be highly intelligent with excellent taste. :lol:

Cool job, im always fascinated by horse hair(main, tail). I always wondered is their tail n mane like our head hair?

Amapola
December 21st, 2015, 10:11 AM
Cool job, im always fascinated by horse hair(main, tail). I always wondered is their tail n mane like our head hair?

Well, it's a whole heck of a lot coarser than human hair. Mane hair has an incredibly wicked taper in it, so I learned a long time ago not to do the type of braiding I do with it. Tail hair is more consistent in diameter through the length though it too has taper. In how horsehair varies from horse to horse... yes, I would say it's just like human hair. It's all different, no two horses have the same hair.

littlestarface
December 21st, 2015, 11:33 AM
Well, it's a whole heck of a lot coarser than human hair. Mane hair has an incredibly wicked taper in it, so I learned a long time ago not to do the type of braiding I do with it. Tail hair is more consistent in diameter through the length though it too has taper. In how horsehair varies from horse to horse... yes, I would say it's just like human hair. It's all different, no two horses have the same hair.

Wow thats so cool, thx for explaining to me. I always loved horses ^_^

meteor
December 21st, 2015, 12:08 PM

This is fascinating, Amapola! :D Thanks so much for sharing! :applause

So you mentioned tails are carefully braided and put up for show horses. How exactly is that hair put up and handled to keep it in such gorgeous condition despite all that movement and length? Are hair gloves used or any other tools/methods? And which kinds of braids keep tangles at bay the best? Sorry if it's too many questions. :oops: (I guess "you know you are a long-hair" when you love horses not only because they are awesome but also because you are curious about their hair care tricks! :lol:)

littlestarface, yes, horse hair is much coarser than human hair. There are lots of brushes out there (especially for shoeshine and for shaving) that utilize horsehair, for example. :)

littlestarface
December 21st, 2015, 12:15 PM
This is fascinating, Amapola! :D Thanks so much for sharing! :applause

So you mentioned tails are carefully braided and put up for show horses. How exactly is that hair put up and handled to keep it in such gorgeous condition despite all that movement and length? Are hair gloves used or any other tools/methods? And which kinds of braids keep tangles at bay the best? Sorry if it's too many questions. :oops: (I guess "you know you are a long-hair" when you love horses not only because they are awesome but also because you are curious about their hair care tricks! :lol:)

littlestarface, yes, horse hair is much coarser than human hair. There are lots of brushes out there (especially for shoeshine and for shaving) that utilize horsehair, for example. :)

I always thought that hair was from the body of the horse not the tail n such lol

I also wanted to know amapola, do the horses like when you brush their hair or do they try n get away? Id be kinda scared to be at the back of a horsey

lapushka
December 21st, 2015, 12:31 PM

I think due to the movement of the tail, if I may sort of answer this :o, tangles are kind of "knocked out". Horse tails are in constant movement, and you would think they'd tangle a lot more due to it too.

Amapola
December 21st, 2015, 02:24 PM
OK! No, horses don't mind having their tails brushed. Interestingly, they have no nerve endings on mane and tail hair, so they can't really feel it if you pull on one hair, or even a handful. If you pull on a whole bunch they can feel it but it doesn't hurt them the way it would us.

Show people use all kinds of tricks, because it depends on that particular horse's hair: there is Show Sheen for example, which is "cones in a bottle" as far as I'm concerned! :lol: You spray this on your clean, groomed horse; and of course, Mane & Tail was NOT originally made for humans, it was made for horses. Then there is how they put it up. They have sleeves, tail bags and so on and so forth, that hook on different ways. Some tie around the tail, some hook together with velcro... the list goes on and on. Most people I know use a simple three-strand braid all the way down the length. Now, these special show superstars are generally covered with a fly sheet so that flies don't bother them and they are not as tempted to swish swish swish as much as mere mortal horses. However for mere mortal horses, they do get tangles. Here is a trick I know for getting out a terrible tangle on a horse: WD-40. :shocked:

lapushka
December 21st, 2015, 02:28 PM
Now, these special show superstars are generally covered with a fly sheet so that flies don't bother them and they are not as tempted to swish swish swish as much as mere mortal horses. However for mere mortal horses, they do get tangles. Here is a trick I know for getting out a terrible tangle on a horse: WD-40. :shocked:

:lol: :spitting:

littlestarface
December 21st, 2015, 02:34 PM
OK! No, horses don't mind having their tails brushed. Interestingly, they have no nerve endings on mane and tail hair, so they can't really feel it if you pull on one hair, or even a handful. If you pull on a whole bunch they can feel it but it doesn't hurt them the way it would us.

Show people use all kinds of tricks, because it depends on that particular horse's hair: there is Show Sheen for example, which is "cones in a bottle" as far as I'm concerned! :lol: You spray this on your clean, groomed horse; and of course, Mane & Tail was NOT originally made for humans, it was made for horses. Then there is how they put it up. They have sleeves, tail bags and so on and so forth, that hook on different ways. Some tie around the tail, some hook together with velcro... the list goes on and on. Most people I know use a simple three-strand braid all the way down the length. Now, these special show superstars are generally covered with a fly sheet so that flies don't bother them and they are not as tempted to swish swish swish as much as mere mortal horses. However for mere mortal horses, they do get tangles. Here is a trick I know for getting out a terrible tangle on a horse: WD-40. :shocked:

:O no way! loool

meteor
December 21st, 2015, 02:47 PM

Wow, that's fascinating! Thanks so much for sharing, Amapola! :blossom:

It's pretty cool that now there are all those smart thingies like fly sheets and sleeves and tail bags. Great stuff! :thumbsup:

Oh, and I had no idea what WD-40 was :oops:, so I had to google it and apparently it's mostly solvent, propellant and mineral oil (ingredients, MSDS Sheet (http://www.wd40company.com/files/pdf/msds-wd494716385.pdf)), so I can see how it must help with horsetail tangles quite a lot (as long as eye/skin contact is avoided and the area is well-ventilated, of course).

LongCurlyTress
December 21st, 2015, 09:27 PM
Gossamer and HeavenlyTresses~~ Your photos of floor length and beyond hair are so absolutely incredibly beautiful and motivating!:applause Thank you so much for sharing them and also for patiently sharing your helpful suggestions as to how you care for your hair. So lovely! :blossom: Growing hair to extreme healthy lengths is such a slow, slow process. Your hard diligent work is very commendable!!! My hair grows so slowly but after seeing your photos I can live vicariously through your pics until mine hopefully gets longer!!!! :knit:

hennalonghair
December 22nd, 2015, 12:58 AM

:thudpile: :face: WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:thud::bigeyes:

Bravo! :applause

Shepherdess
December 22nd, 2015, 03:49 AM
Thank you all for the kind compliments! One thing I really like about this thread is that you can see that these lengths are achievable for many different hair types. I have been really lucky in that my hair is very easy to care for, mostly I just wash it and leave it alone with a trim and S&D here and there. I don't oil very much because my hair is very picky about what I put in it. Like coconut oil. Hair says :blueeek: and it makes the ends feel like velcro. Argan oil however, hair says :joy: I just have to be careful not to put too much. And at this point I try to always find a spray bottle instead of those little squirt bottles that you put the oil in your hands and run it through your hair. That could take an hour vs. a few sprays and done.

trolleypup: I absolutely agree with you! If you think about the ends and how long they've been around it's a miracle that they don't just break off. Even with trims and S&D I still see the same difference from root to tip. I had attributed my braid taper to the fact that there is always new hair growing at the top half, making it thicker but the new growth doesn't reach the hemline. I never thought about the taper of the indivual hairs themselves.

eresh: When I maintanied my hair at ankle length I would regularly trim it about an inch every 3 or 4 months. Now since I'm doing this "How long will it grow" experiment I only trim 1/4 to 1/2 an inch every 6 months or so with S&D in between.

The previous picture I posted was taken in February 2014 but this one is from almost one month ago and the length is 81 inches. The first 2 pics are my hair freshly washed and air dried with minimal finger combing and the third is after I brushed it with an off brand tangle teezer. For some reason the second 2 pictures appear a little fuzzy when I added them to the collage :hmm: I prefer the way the ends look before I brush them as they get all fluffy and undefined when I do brush.
Your hair is amazing! 81" is so long too!

My hair is the same way with coconut oil. I thought it was nice at first, but then my hair got such terrible velcro ends, and I didn't understand why, then I realized it was the coconut oil causing it. I have never tried argan oil, but I would like to someday. I wish it weren't so expensive. :D :)

Wow! That is such a cool job!I would love to do something like that with horses. :D

gossamer
December 26th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Yay, I finally got a length (sort of) shot in nature! Thought of a couple shots HeavenlyTresses had taken on a hike with DaveDecker™ on one of their mini-meets.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20585&d=1451185096

Link here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20585&d=1451185096

Funny sidenote: someone asked my parents, who I was hiking with, if they could take a picture of me when I had my hair down and SO was photographing it. Didn't realize I still look young enough that people ask my parents for permission rather than speaking directly to me. My dad told the woman that maybe she should ask me instead. Honestly, I'm just glad they bothered to ask at all!

Swan Maiden
December 26th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Wow gossamer that is an epic photo! I love that you have a waterfall of hair :D

Ellethwyn
December 26th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Beautiful, gossamer!

Groovy Granny
December 26th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Gorgeous gossamer :thud:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 26th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Oh Gossamer.... :thudpile:

pailin
December 26th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Gossamer, with that green shirt too that matches the trees- it's amazing. Like the blue jeans version of LOTR.

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
December 26th, 2015, 11:04 PM
That is an incredible picture gossamer! :thudpile:

papayatree
December 26th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Such pretty hair gossamer, keep up the incredible work!

Sparklylady82
December 27th, 2015, 12:36 AM

I'm just admiring here and you are definitely an inspiration to me! We have similar hair types and maybe color (growing out highlights) so it's neat to see what mine could look like. I took a look at your routine and it's neat to see a long hair who washes more than once a week! I try and stretch but I like clean hair. Anyway, thanks for sharing the photo.

gossamer
December 27th, 2015, 12:50 AM
Thanks Ellethwyn, Groovy Granny, Sarahlabyrinth, lauren_alia,

Wow gossamer that is an epic photo! I love that you have a waterfall of hair :D

It was such a spur of the moment idea to take a photo once we got to the end of the trail. My hair was so dirty (almost a week since washing) and I was super sweaty too. Good thing those don't show up, hm? :p

Gossamer, with that green shirt too that matches the trees- it's amazing. Like the blue jeans version of LOTR.

Oooh, I love how you put that! Thanks! (Also, I love that green shirt. :crush: I have two others in exactly the same color just because I'm not sure if I'll ever find it again!)

Such pretty hair gossamer, keep up the incredible work!
What work? :D No really, being of the benign neglect camp there's really very little that I'm actively doing. It just keeps growing!

Shepherdess
December 27th, 2015, 01:14 AM
Gossamer, that is such a gorgeous picture! You have such beautiful long inspirational hair, and the scenery is so lovely too! :thud: Thank you for sharing! :flower:

lapushka
December 27th, 2015, 05:33 AM
That is an amazing picture, gossamer!

Beatnik Guy
December 27th, 2015, 06:26 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20585&d=1451185096

Wonderful picture!! :thud:

Is this in Taiwan?

Mimha
December 27th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Yay, I finally got a length (sort of) shot in nature! Thought of a couple shots HeavenlyTresses had taken on a hike with DaveDecker™ on one of their mini-meets.

(...)

Gossamer, this is such a perfect place to magnify your spectacular hair !! Please, please, please don't cut it before you have taken all the possible pictures and filmed it in action, flying in the wind, swinging as you walk, undulating as you swim, etc. who knows !... Such precious memories ! :crush: :crush:

meteor
December 27th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Wow, gossamer, what an amazing photo! Just breathtaking! :thudpile:

I absolutely love that gorgeous backdrop: never-ending, flowing waterfall and never-ending, flowing hair! WOW! :applause

Amapola
December 27th, 2015, 09:11 AM
What a gorgeous photo, gossamer.

Your comments about your hair remind me of many an action shot here, where the person will then say something along the lines of "excuse the messy hair!" or "sorry for the sloppy bun!" and all I can think is... **WHAT** messy hair, or sloppy bun??! I think we are our own worst critics! Your hair looks lovely. And how cool that someone else actually asked permission to photograph you as well!

maborosi
December 27th, 2015, 12:27 PM
gossamer, your hair is awesome! Thank you for sharing!!

Hali
December 27th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Awsome hair! Patience alone can be considered work - and you've done a lot !

Accalia
December 27th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Beautiful hair Gossamer! :agape:

trolleypup
December 27th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Beautiful!

Wonderful setting...and kudos to the photographer too!

ashke50
December 28th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Gossamer, wow, that is such an incredible photograph! Your hair looks gorgeous and the backdrop is stunning.

gossamer
December 28th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks Shepherdess, lapushka, meteor, maborosi, Accalia, and ashke50! It was a wonderful hike and that waterfall at the end of the trail is a perfect culmination to the uphill walk.

Is this in Taiwan?
Indeed! Same place I hiked my last visit here, actually - blogged about it in Jan 2014. :)

Gossamer, this is such a perfect place to magnify your spectacular hair !! Please, please, please don't cut it before you have taken all the possible pictures and filmed it in action, flying in the wind, swinging as you walk, undulating as you swim, etc. who knows !... Such precious memories ! :crush: :crush:

My first thought to all that is “oh the detangling afterwards! no thanks!” But I see what you mean about more photos. None of hair in wind and water though! :eek:

What a gorgeous photo, gossamer.

Your comments about your hair remind me of many an action shot here, where the person will then say something along the lines of "excuse the messy hair!" or "sorry for the sloppy bun!" and all I can think is... **WHAT** messy hair, or sloppy bun??! I think we are our own worst critics! Your hair looks lovely. And how cool that someone else actually asked permission to photograph you as well!

I know what you mean! I love how the photo looks and am pretty amazed that the sweatiness of me and my hair doesn’t show up at all. It was such a relief to get it back up, however, since having it down was like wearing a blanket in the heat and humidity!

Pretty sure there were a few other people at the waterfall not asking permission, but I’m really appreciative of when people do. It means I’m not just part of the scenery but an actual person, you know?

Awsome hair! Patience alone can be considered work - and you've done a lot !

I guess because I haven’t really felt tempted to cut it off, the patience of letting it grow hasn’t really felt like work. But I see your point!

Beautiful!

Wonderful setting...and kudos to the photographer too!
He’s a great photographer! He takes all these photos of me while we’re on vacation but when I take any of him, he looks at the camera like “why are you bothering?” I wish I’d had photography classes in university like he’d taken!

calmyogi
December 28th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Gossamer!! So beautiful!

HeavenlyTresses
December 28th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Sorry I am late in my replies, I got a little sidetracked with the holidays and being sick so this post might be a little long!

First let me say gossamer Now it is my turn to :thud: That photo is stunning! Thank goodness for spur of the moment photos! And you did a wonderful job of hiding the heat of the day. I know exactly what you mean about feeling like you were wearing a blanket that day! After DaveDecker took those pictures for me it was all I could do not to dive in the water afterwards. I did at least take my shoes off and go wading for a bit though :)

Hey HeavenlyTresses, Fellow Georgian here, I have a few questions to ask because I am amazed at your glorious hair. 1. Does Classic length still feel "long" now that your at floor length? 2.Are there milestones after floor length, or is it forever floor?

Classic length definitely is still long in my eyes. Actually I think anything waist length or longer is still long to me, that's when I see someone and say "Whoa, they have long hair!" As far as milestones after floor.....until I hit floor I determined my length by waist, hip, knees,etc. When I hit floor and beyond that's when I really started measuring in inches. I don't really have a certain milestone I hope to achieve, I guess I'll grow until I just can't deal with it anymore.

Oh my Gosh, HeavenlyTresses, your hair is out of this world stunning!!! :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile:

If you don't mind me asking: How do you like to approach the process of drying hair and detangling at this length (in the shower or when the hair is dry? do you prefer to use fingers, combs, brushes?)
Also, I'm beyond impressed that you French/Dutch-braid your hair routinely even at this length :bigeyes: - do you like any particular conditioners/oils for keeping hair so manageable?

I don't mind at all :) When I wash my hair I just let it air dry. I leave it down and just go about my business when I'm at home. I don't detangle until it's dry as it's easier to work with for me and mostly it's just done with my fingers. I really only brush it if I'm going to braid it and I spray it with a minimal amout of argan oil. I know most people prefer buns as opposed to braids but no matter which one I try, how I balance it or spread it out it will give me a headache. Braids are much better but even they are starting to get heavy.

It's been a very long time since I was around horses but I do know what you are talking about. I guess it's just the nature of hair whether human or animal. My ends did thicken up while I maintained an ankle but there was always that inevitable taper no matter what I do.

Also, I'm jealous of all the time you get to spend around the horses!

I'm just admiring here and you are definitely an inspiration to me! We have similar hair types and maybe color (growing out highlights) so it's neat to see what mine could look like. I took a look at your routine and it's neat to see a long hair who washes more than once a week! I try and stretch but I like clean hair. Anyway, thanks for sharing the photo.

Your hair type and color does look very close to mine! Do you have plans to grow to the floor? That would be awesome to see our pics next to each other if you do :) I try to stretch my washes too but I just can't stand an itchy scalp and I have to wash it every other day. I would think it would dry my hair out but the humidity here seems to take care of that.

Sparklylady82
December 28th, 2015, 09:53 PM
HeavenlyTresses, I plan on growing to terminal length so I just might make it to floor! It will take me awhile! Hopefully you will still have floor length by then so we can compare :o

meteor
December 29th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Thank you so very much, HeavenlyTresses, for the information on drying and handling! :flowers: That's really useful and great stuff! :D

Cowgirl16
December 30th, 2015, 10:32 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20475&d=1450544267

WOW :thud: I mean wow! Your hair is amazing :thud:

MasCat
December 30th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Heavenlytresses Gorgeous hair. I'm stunned!
Gossamer I love looking at your hair because it's a bit similar to mine. Very nice photos of very beautiful hair :)

I'm talking to my fiance, who's sitting beside me on the couch.
- And so papayatree asks this question, after ankle you have floor length, and after floor length? It got me thinking... maybe "washing machine length" is next, and "neighbour door"?
- No, Dear - he says, smiling - after floor length you measure your hair by the amount of people you need to carry the hair behind you. :D

HeavenlyTresses
January 8th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Gossamer I love looking at your hair because it's a bit similar to mine. Very nice photos of very beautiful hair :)

- And so papayatree asks this question, after ankle you have floor length, and after floor length? It got me thinking... maybe "washing machine length" is next, and "neighbour door"?
- No, Dear - he says, smiling - after floor length you measure your hair by the amount of people you need to carry the hair behind you. :D

Haha, oh how I wish someone would walk behind me and carry my hair! I hate putting it up all the time but I hate stepping on it too. There's also "walking all the way across the room before you realize you're stuck on the chair" length too!

And now I must apologize to DaveDecker for taking so long to post these pictures that he was so kind to take for me back in November. You always take wonderful pictures for me and I also thank you for fixing my tangles and making it look purdy :)

All of these pictures were taken by DaveDecker and used with his permission.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20772&d=1452290707

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20773&d=1452290709

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20775&d=1452290710

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20774&d=1452290710

littlestarface
January 8th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Such lovely hair wowy:cloud9:

papayatree
January 8th, 2016, 04:16 PM

Glad I could make y'all smile! I'm pretty good at it, I guess.

Beatnik Guy
January 8th, 2016, 04:35 PM
And now I must apologize to DaveDecker for taking so long to post these pictures that he was so kind to take for me back in November. You always take wonderful pictures for me and I also thank you for fixing my tangles and making it look purdy :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20772&d=1452290707

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20773&d=1452290709

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20775&d=1452290710

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20774&d=1452290710

Such magnificence!! :bowtome:

jera
January 9th, 2016, 01:16 AM
That is some kind of beautiful long hair. Congrats!!

chen bao jun
January 9th, 2016, 04:57 PM

I wish Gossamer and Heavenly Tresses would have a 'post beautiful photos of beautiful hair' competition. I couldn't pick a winner-but I'd never leave my computer screen. :)

MasCat, I would suggest calling hair that is longer than floor length 'Heian Dynasty hair', after the amazing hair of the Heian dynasty ladies in Japan about 1,000 years ago.
(these ladies wrote amazing poems and novels, too, which proves that growing lots of hair makes you a literary genius. Or something. Anyway, the opposite of that Jane Austen saying 'more hair than wit.')

SparrowWings
February 16th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Wow, not only is there actually someone with hair to the floor, there are multiple people! I don't know how you guys do it; I tend to get fed up with tangles, static, and the generally longer time required to deal with it when it gets long enough to sit on while braided (not to mention the major blanket it becomes in the summer!), and chop it back to BSL every few years. It would be interesting to know what my terminal length is (it slows dramatically somewhere around classic, but it does still grow), but I can't imagine it as anything but a chore... Good on all of you who manage it, though! I never imagined there were so many people with so many different lengths of hair longer than mine!

Sarahlabyrinth
February 16th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Oh, my - such gorgeous hair.... I could live in this thread and never leave it, I really could.... :crush:

lapis_lazuli
February 17th, 2016, 12:20 AM
Wow, Heavenlytresses! G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! :thud: :thud: :thud:
This is something I can only dream of...

hennalonghair
February 17th, 2016, 03:32 AM
Heavenly tresses! What an appropriate name! :bowtome:
OMG! You've got my hair type exactly. :inlove: :crush:

parkmikii
February 17th, 2016, 03:35 AM
Heavenlytresses your hair is gorgeous!!! :thudpile:

Mimha
February 17th, 2016, 05:32 AM
Haha, oh how I wish someone would walk behind me and carry my hair! I hate putting it up all the time but I hate stepping on it too. There's also "walking all the way across the room before you realize you're stuck on the chair" length too!

:agape:
... This hair is BEYOND amazing !! :thudpile: :thudpile:

LongCurlyTress
February 17th, 2016, 06:45 AM
On my LHC feed wall, I saw that others were going cra cra over your hair HeavenlyTresses and Gossamer and now I can see why! Holy Smokes AND Holy HairToledo!;) Now I too am going gah gah over these pics! Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring photos! :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

gossamer
February 17th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Tipping my head back overemphasizes my length, but this was too fun not to share.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21578&d=1455726256

Sorry for the huge size.

Mimha
February 17th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Ha ha ha ha, Gossamer ! :D :D :D Thank you so much for sharing this GREAT piece of hair fun !! So incredibly spectacular and glamour !!

Sarahlabyrinth
February 17th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Gossamer, that is SPECTACULAR!

DaveDecker
February 17th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Gossamer, wow! :thud: :thudpile:

RavennaNight
February 17th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Gossamer that is some amazing hair! :thud: And great thickness down to the floor! Wow!

gossamer
February 17th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Thanks mimha, Sarahlabyrinth, DaveDecker & RavennaNight!

I have to note, however, that it's definitely not thick at floor length, maybe like pencil thick down at the ends. The waves and the fact that I've managed to get the thinnest 9" down onto the floor in this pic help hide that! But I've got consistent thickness down to classic at least.:D

Skade
February 17th, 2016, 03:25 PM
:thudpile: Gossamer, can't stop looking at that photo. Your hair looks amazing!

spirals
February 17th, 2016, 03:36 PM
I don't think I have ever wanted floor length for myself, but seeing Gossamer's hair makes me want knee-length. I don't know if I could handle it.

lapis_lazuli
February 17th, 2016, 05:02 PM
Stunning, gossamer! :D You're my hair idol :love: I hope I can reach great lengths like you!

Angela_Rose
February 17th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Holy Moley. Your hair is astounding, Gossamer.

Tea Lady
February 17th, 2016, 05:05 PM
So awesome, and still trailing the floor even though you are in high heels!

Tea Lady

Beatnik Guy
February 17th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Tipping my head back overemphasizes my length, but this was too fun not to share.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21578&d=1455726256

:D

:agape:

spirals
February 17th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Gossamer, you joined 6 years ago at BSL and now you're past floor? The average 6 inches a year doesn't seem to cover your progress. Yours must grow faster than that of most people. I've taken 3 years to get from just below APL to waist.

EdG
February 17th, 2016, 10:24 PM
Gossamer - I am at a loss for words to describe your hair. Even "thudworthy" isn't adequate. :thud:
Ed

Sarahlabyrinth
February 18th, 2016, 12:00 AM
Gossamer - I am at a loss for words to describe your hair. Even "thudworthy" isn't adequate. :thud:
Ed

It isn't is it? ;) It's more like"jaw-dropping, speechless with awe and delight" kind of thing.

Anabell
February 18th, 2016, 12:30 AM
gossamer, such an artistic picture. You have floor length even with heels!

HeavenlyTresses, wow. You are an inspiration for me. Not also because the amazing hair and length. Because you don't wear buns and reach so far. I have bun issues for long time. Even when the bun is perfectly balance I fill the weight on my neck. I can hope it will pass because the neck muscles will be stronger over time but that might not happened. So: how do you french braid your hair in this length?? It took me so much time now and I'm only FTL. Also, sometimes braid isn't goo either. Do you have this middle section pulling sometime? This feeling that all the weight of the braid got in several little sections in the middle strand? I just try to loose the middle section a bit. For most of the time it doesn't work so i just start over.

gossamer
February 18th, 2016, 05:36 AM
Thank you Skade, Angela_Rose, lapis_lazuli, Beatnik Guy, & Ed!

I don't think I have ever wanted floor length for myself, but seeing Gossamer's hair makes me want knee-length. I don't know if I could handle it.
It does grow slowly enough that one usually gets used to handling the length gradually. There's only been one time, probably right about when I got to ankle length, that I had a slow moving crisis where the buns I'd used from knee to mid-calf no longer worked (pulling at scalp) and I had to rethink things.

So awesome, and still trailing the floor even though you are in high heels!

Tea Lady

gossamer, such an artistic picture. You have floor length even with heels!

Sooooo... I'm not actually sure if it reaches floor when I'm standing straight wearing those ridiculous heels. I'd have to check once I wash and set my waves back to their normal pattern. I think the head tip and back bend are what take it back to floor in this picture, not its actual length.

Gossamer, you joined 6 years ago at BSL and now you're past floor? The average 6 inches a year doesn't seem to cover your progress. Yours must grow faster than that of most people. I've taken 3 years to get from just below APL to waist.

Oh no, I think maybe I've misinterpreted the starting length entry - maybe mods can help tell me what number I should actually have there? I thought that it meant the length at which you started to grow your hair long, not the length at join date. I think I still grow roughly 6" per year although I've never actually calculated it out.

I consider my start length BSL because that's where, in 1999, I had my super unhealthy TBL hair trimmed back to and began a slightly better hair care routine, including regular trims. I did want to grow long and didn't know where I wanted to stop, so I just kept going in for trims every six months and wearing my hair in a braid most days.

Here's a slightly embarrassing photo of me from early 2000 that gives you an idea of its length: (note tilted head so length looks a little longer than it actually was)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21585&d=1455798213
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21585&d=1455798213

Here's my hair about one month after I joined in 2010:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21586&d=1455798888
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21586&d=1455798888

I hope that makes a bit more sense! Sorry for the confusion! And if I have indeed used the "starting length" field incorrectly, I hope someone will let me know so I don't confuse more members!

DakarNick
February 18th, 2016, 06:47 AM
Beautiful, Gossamer! Is your join date length the length you want to trim back to?

gossamer
February 18th, 2016, 06:51 AM
Beautiful, Gossamer! Is your join date length the length you want to trim back to?

Hmm, now that I look at it again, I think you're right, I'd like to go back to about that length. It will be so much healthier now, however! The waves in that join date photo mask the taper and unhealthy splits throughout that I had back then.