PDA

View Full Version : photo albums

Bonny
March 9th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I think it's great that we have photo albums here! However, the first question that comes to my mind is: what's the size limit for our albums? i.e. how much disk space are we allowed to use up?

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Well, each photo album can hold 60 pictures at 97.7kb. That comes out to 5862kb per album.

dancingbarefoot
March 9th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Well, each photo album can hold 60 pictures at 97.7kb. That comes out to 5862kb per album.

Yes, per album. Not per person.

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Yes, per album. Not per person.
Is there a limit to how many albums we can have?

dancingbarefoot
March 9th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Probably, but I don't know what it is. Helpful, aren't I? :silly:

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Probably, but I don't know what it is. Helpful, aren't I? :silly:
Quite! :lol:

jessie58
March 9th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Okay NOW I see t his after I posted about my album woes. I made 4 of them and then it let me create another but not be able to post in it. Wahhh.

iris
March 9th, 2008, 10:35 PM
So it's 4 albums of 60 pics each? About 20MB in total? That's quite generous no?

Iris <plots letter to her sysadmin along the lines of 'You stingy bastards - I can get more server space on a hair care board' - OK not quite but almost)

jessie58
March 9th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Well I just got rid of one album and threw out a whole bunch of pictures and opened up enough space for 15 more pics and one more album but it won't let me do it. I should have kept it the way it was.

Dianyla
March 10th, 2008, 12:19 AM
At this time:

-The number of photo albums is not limited.

-You can have up to 60 pictures per album.

-You can only have 100 pictures max.

We will probably revisit these settings as we see what the impact on server disk space is.

Bonny
March 10th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks, Dianyla!

Euphony
March 10th, 2008, 09:06 AM
At this time:

-The number of photo albums is not limited.

-You can have up to 60 pictures per album.

-You can only have 100 pictures max.

We will probably revisit these settings as we see what the impact on server disk space is.
My questions might be mute - I haven't tried making an album yet. So tell me, do we store our pics on LHC's database? Or do them remotely? Can we do them remotely? If we can do it either way, wouldn't it be better for LHC to have them hosted remotely?

Carolyn
March 10th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Is the 100 photo limit just for the albums or does it include pics posted in blogs and other posts?

ladiosaRosa
March 10th, 2008, 04:04 PM
When I go to the gray toolbar, top of the page (UserCP, All Albums, Blogs, FAQ, etc.)....and click 'All Albums', I get to a site that lists members photo albums. Mine is not included in that list.

May I ask why?

When I go to 'Quick Links' and click 'Pictures & Albums', my Photo Album comes up via my Profile Page.

And.....what is the difference between 'Pictures' and 'Albums'?

Thank you so much.

snowbear
March 10th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Mine aren't listed either, which leads me to two answers:
1) You cannot view your own pictures in "all albums"
2) Since my photos are set to private, they don't show up in "all albums".

Also, a picture can go into an album. That seems to be the only difference.

:)

talullah
March 10th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Snowbear, I can see my own album in All Albums. Mine isn't private, though, so you're probably onto something there...

snowbear
March 10th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Snowbear, I can see my own album in All Albums. Mine isn't private, though, so you're probably onto something there...
Then there's the answer! Thank you, tallulah! :)

ladiosaRosa
March 10th, 2008, 04:30 PM

Thank you talullah!....makes sense. Mine is private.

(snip)
2) Since my photos are set to private, they don't show up in "all albums".

Also, a picture can go into an album. That seems to be the only difference.

:)

That's probably it....mine is private.
But, regarding the difference between 'Pictures' and 'Albums'....what else would go into an Album but a picture. Isn't 'Pictures & Albums' redundant?

Then there's the answer! Thank you, tallulah! :)

Did you notice?.....practicing my 'Quote+'/'Quote-' :wink:

snowbear
March 10th, 2008, 04:40 PM
That's probably it....mine is private.
But, regarding the difference between 'Pictures' and 'Albums'....what else would go into an Album but a picture. Isn't 'Pictures & Albums' redundant?

Did you notice?.....practicing my 'Quote+'/'Quote-' :wink:
I did notice! I'm so proud! :grin:

I think "Pictures and Albums" is redundant, but I'll settle for redundant over no LHC! :lol:

Magdalene
March 10th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Can we move photos between one album to another? I realized I should probably categorize once I start uploading more pics--after I'd already uploaded some...

ladiosaRosa
March 10th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I think "Pictures and Albums" is redundant, but I'll settle for redundant over no LHC! :lol:

Yer darn toot'n! I just can't help but ask the question.

I did notice! I'm so proud! :grin:

:bow: