PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner

prittykitty
October 31st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Yesterday I bought this conditioner called Aura Naturelle Cherry Almond Bark. I got the name mixed up with the Aveda Cherry Almond Bark. Anyway I looked at the ingredients while in the store and didn't see any cones listed. When I got home I went on this LHC to make sure I bought the right conditioner. Then I noticed that this one I have says Aura and the cone free one is Aveda. I didn't see the Aura conditioner on the cone free list so I looked the ingredients up on line.I found a page that lists that is has cyclomethicone in it, however on the ingredients on the tube that I have, cyclomethicone is not listed on it. Can it be a mistake that they forgot to list this ingredient and the conditioner I have has cones or could I have a cone free conditioner? On line the tubes of this particular conditioner are exactly the same. I ask because I have been going cone free and my hair is in much better condition and I don't want to use cones again. Should I just take this back?

teela1978
October 31st, 2009, 02:48 PM
On a quick google, I found a thread at naturally curly mentioning that they had dropped the cone from that conditioner. Companies often change their recipes for products. Whatever is on the tube/bottle should be what's in there. I'd go with what's on the tube and say your version is cone free.

prittykitty
October 31st, 2009, 02:51 PM
On a quick google, I found a thread at naturally curly mentioning that they had dropped the cone from that conditioner. Companies often change their recipes for products. Whatever is on the tube/bottle should be what's in there. I'd go with what's on the tube and say your version is cone free.
Thank you for this information. I never knew that ingredients in hair products can get dropped.

teela1978
October 31st, 2009, 02:54 PM
Thank you for this information. I never knew that ingredients in hair products can get dropped.

garnier is famous for it. their sleek and shine alternates between amodimethicone and palm oil (coney and cone-free) somewhat regularly ;)

ll
October 31st, 2009, 06:54 PM
I used to have a large bottle of the Aura conditioner -- I think it really worked the same as the Aveda conditioner -- I really couldn't tell the difference at all (except that Aura is tons cheaper)!

Flynn
October 31st, 2009, 09:53 PM
What is on the bottle should always be correct.

Cinnamon Hair
October 31st, 2009, 11:43 PM
I have this conditioner and it is indeed cone free. Smells very nice too.

prittykitty
November 2nd, 2009, 02:35 AM
I bought this conditioner and used it for 2 days now and I don't like it. I bought it because I thought it would be great for my dry hair and it smelled really good. It just seems to make my hair feel way too light and too soft. I like the Pumpkin Conditioner I usually use much better.

OhMyCurlz
November 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
If Cyclomethicone isn't on your label it shouldn't be in there. even if it was though, I SERIOUSLY would not worry about it if I were you. Cyclomethicone is the lightest of all 'cones, and evaporates off of the hair like water...therefore contrary to rumours and scare...it doesn't cause build up, in fact straight cyclomthecone (with no additives) is seriously thinner in texture than coconut oil. In fact cyclomethicone aides in helping beneficial oils and nutrients enter the hair shaft, this applies to the epidermis as well. So this particular cone is actually important..folks who say it just makes your hair "look shiny and healthy when it's really not" don't know what they're talking about. Cones like Dimethicone are a different story as they are SUPPOSED to form a barrier (coat the hair).

prittykitty
November 2nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
If Cyclomethicone isn't on your label it shouldn't be in there. even if it was though, I SERIOUSLY would not worry about it if I were you. Cyclomethicone is the lightest of all 'cones, and evaporates off of the hair like water...therefore contrary to rumours and scare...it doesn't cause build up, in fact straight cyclomthecone (with no additives) is seriously thinner in texture than coconut oil. In fact cyclomethicone aides in helping beneficial oils and nutrients enter the hair shaft, this applies to the epidermis as well. So this particular cone is actually important..folks who say it just makes your hair "look shiny and healthy when it's really not" don't know what they're talking about. Cones like Dimethicone are a different story as they are SUPPOSED to form a barrier (coat the hair).
Thank you very much for this information. I will remember this next time I shop for a new conditioner to try.

OhMyCurlz
November 2nd, 2009, 11:53 PM
Your welcome. It also offers immense slip. There are a lot of factutal websites that explain the molecular structure of slicones, how they work ect. It'd be good to do a quick bit of research to see if this particular ingredient would work well on your hair. If you still wish to avoid it, a good natural alternative is broccoli seed oil. It's expensive, but a lot of people use it as an alternative to cones.
Thank you very much for this information. I will remember this next time I shop for a new conditioner to try.