PDA

View Full Version : Hey, another anniversary thread! 1 year here (w/ pics)

Kitara
October 31st, 2009, 11:09 AM
I always love seeing people's progress pictures, and now I finally get to contribute! :cheese:
So I am a couple weeks late for my actual LHC anniversary, but I didn't take my first hair pic until Halloween last year. Enjoy (sorry about the crappy quality...I was trying to find pics that showed the growth the best).

10/31/08
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4217&pictureid=54061

And now 10/30/09
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4217&pictureid=54062

It's frustrating sometimes sacrificing length for the curl, but I guess I grew more than I thought I did. Maybe by next year I can be a solid APL when dry?

peachrose
October 31st, 2009, 11:13 AM
Gorgeous curls! I know how frustrating it is growing waves/curls since it's hard to see the length. You will get there though!

patience
October 31st, 2009, 11:16 AM
Happy Anniversary and Congratulations! :cheese:

I love the combination of your curls and your color. It's very pretty!

Pifkin
October 31st, 2009, 11:17 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! :D

friskybiznus
October 31st, 2009, 11:19 AM
Happy Anniversary! I love your color! You hair looks great - very healthy and pretty!

Vianka
October 31st, 2009, 11:31 AM
I love anniversary pictures! Your hair looks great! Love the curls and color.

viking_quest
October 31st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Your hair looks amazing. I love the color and the curls. Happy anniversary.

JamieLeigh
October 31st, 2009, 11:38 AM
You have very lovely hair! I love your color. :flower: Happy anniversary, there are a lot of us October-ites, lol.

Amara
October 31st, 2009, 02:45 PM
AHH! What good growth, and your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Pixna
October 31st, 2009, 02:54 PM
What a difference a year makes!! I love the color (that's the same) and the curls (guess that's the same too, except there's more of them) and the length -- there's a LOT more of THAT!! Congratulations, Kitara -- your hair looks FANTASTIC!!!

kam984420
October 31st, 2009, 03:00 PM
Your hair looks really healthy! Your hair also looks really THICK. Happy growing!:)

MirandaWelch
October 31st, 2009, 03:08 PM
I love your curls and the color! I think you're way curlier than a 2c btw, I'm jealous.

Shermie Girl
October 31st, 2009, 03:11 PM
You have made good progress and your hair is just lovely. So thick and healthy looking and you have beautiful colour and curls. I think that you are more a 3a, then a 2c. :D

little_acorn
October 31st, 2009, 03:13 PM
You have lovely hair and those curlas are to die for. Congrats on the anniversary and the growth :flower:

Tressie
October 31st, 2009, 03:33 PM
Congratulations!! You have made some good growth progress and your hair looks so healthy and shiny:cheese:

I love your color and your curl definition!! Looking gorgeous~:D

Kitara
October 31st, 2009, 06:34 PM
Aww....thanks for all the wonderful comments, everyone!!! You have made my day!

This last year was getting through the worst of the stubborn growth stages (for me, anyway) and I feel like I am finally turning a corner. My hair has never been past APL, so I'm excited to see what happens with it.

As it's gotten longer, the curls have gotten more defined, which makes me thrilled. My sister has perfect ringlets (which she blowfries because she hates them) and it's good to know I might be able to get the same. The funky thing is that my canopy and under layer are more of a 2b, while the middle is a 3a/3b, so I say 2c to split the difference I suppose. I would love to be in the 3 range all over.

I have to share a sweet comment that my husband made the other day. He has been completely supportive of my hair growing adventure, but has always been of the anything-longer-than-waist-is-too-long school. We had basically the following conversation the other day:

Me: So I am trying to decide if I should just grow to waist or if I should just see how long it can get.
Him: You should do whatever you want. :)
Me: I think I'll probably just stick with waist.
Him: Oh...but it's so pretty and would be amazing even longer than waist!

:) I picked a good one.

melikai
October 31st, 2009, 06:47 PM
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous! It's going to look incredible at waist.

Congratulations on your anniversary.

fleurdelis
November 1st, 2009, 01:44 PM
You have such a beautiful colour and curls! Congrats to the anniversary :)

jojo
November 1st, 2009, 08:24 PM
Great growth and very noticable.

Love your colour and shine.

FaeryTails
November 2nd, 2009, 12:26 AM
Happy Anniversary! Amazing colour and curls!

Alexannee10
November 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
Happy Anniversary! :applause :cake: Your hair is gorgeous!

Friesiangirl
November 2nd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Wow, you're hair is just jaw dropping. Both the color and the curl are very intense!

Hayley