PDA

View Full Version : Baerreis "Moderne" Fork

Ashley
April 22nd, 2008, 05:37 AM
I have a 5" (functional length) Baerreis Moderne fork for sale, in Macassar Ebony wood. It is the Moderne one with the broad top. The fork is on the large side for my fine hair.

The fork is in very good state! It's only been worn a couple of times. I'd like to sell it for $30.

Thanks for looking!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/ashley364/BaerreisModerne.jpg

Price change due to higher $ currency.

Shanarana
April 22nd, 2008, 06:20 AM
pm'ing you.

Ashley
April 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
The fork is still available!

Ashley
April 24th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Nobody? :(

SHELIAANN1969
April 24th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I hate to say this, but I think the problem is that Baerreis has almost the same forks on etsy for 26$ and some a litter higher for different styles.

They have the exact fork over there for 32$ US, your fork would be 50$ US (not the same wood but same style and length)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10093942

prosperina
April 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing... I'd totally be interested, but 25 euros is 40 dollars. (Just did the conversion online.) I could buy a Baerreis very similar to that for $29.25 on Etsy. Beautiful fork though. :)

Ashley
April 25th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Yeah, I just realized this the other day. I probably won't receive what I've payed for it with these constantly changing currencies.

I'm going to have to alter the price to $30 dollars in that case. It's all I can do...

TheBlondeApple
April 25th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I hate to say this, but I think the problem is that Baerreis has almost the same forks on etsy for 26$ and some a litter higher for different styles.

They have the exact fork over there for 32$ US, your fork would be 50$ US (not the same wood but same style and length)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10093942

It's still a good deal for everyone who isn't in the US :)
Anja

SHELIAANN1969
April 25th, 2008, 08:00 AM
It's still a good deal for everyone who isn't in the US :)
Anja

Yes, thats what I was thinking, I thought about that later, I keep "forgetting" that its a lot harder to get items from the USA to other countries, I guess I am spoiled and lucky at the same time to be able to get stuff fast here.

I need to remember that when I get impatient!!:D

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't worth it or to be mean, I was just saying that for US'ers, (if that is a proper term) it was more expensive than buying direct.

soleluna
April 25th, 2008, 08:23 AM
where in Europe are you?
how many Euros would the fork be now?
Why are you selling it? thanks

TheBlondeApple
April 25th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I guess I am spoiled and lucky at the same time to be able to get stuff fast here.
We're all spoiled that we can buy stuff from all over ;) but world-wide shipping and customs add up, especially customs can't be planned, they just hit you, while with shipping you get your total cost before you pay and have a choice.

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't worth it or to be mean
:flowers:

Anja

Ashley
April 25th, 2008, 12:34 PM
where in Europe are you?
how many Euros would the fork be now?
Why are you selling it? thanks

I'm selling the fork because the functional length is on the large side for my fine hair. :) I'd prefer a 4.5".
The price would now be €20.

soleluna
April 25th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I'd be interested. But where in europe are you? And what payment do you accept? Thanks

Ashley
April 25th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I am in the Netherlands and I would really prefer PayPal as the payment method! :D

Red Jezebel
April 25th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Damn, missed it! Guess it's a good thing what with all the hair toys I've bought recently... ;)

soleluna
April 25th, 2008, 12:48 PM
How much would shipping be? I'm in Italy

I don't have paypal but my dad does. He's in Austria now though! So I could pay you with a bank deposit.
Or else you can see if there's anyone buying, and if not I'll get in touch with you when he comes back.

Ps. can we talk by PM?

Ashley
April 25th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, sure no problem!

I'd really prefer PayPal as I keep the PayPal account for my international payments etc. Let me know if you are interested, if not, not a problem either! :)

soleluna
April 25th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah, sure no problem!

I'd really prefer PayPal as I keep the PayPal account for my international payments etc. Let me know if you are interested, if not, not a problem either! :)

PMing you :D