PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe?

Bonkers57
October 30th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I have a question:

My hair is still short (around chin length), oily scalp, bleached ends (actually half the shaft is still bleached :sad) fine, pin-straight and blonde.

I've used diluted Dr. Bronner's followed by a diluted vinegar rinse with good results.

In the long run, would this method be safe for my hair if I continue washing every other to every three days? I have damage from the bleach on the ends and don't want to make it worse.

Thanks for any input! :)

Madame J
October 30th, 2009, 11:14 AM
If you have damaged ends, you may want to add some protein, moisture, and/or oil on the ends to protect them. I use Dr. Bronner's bar soap, diluted vinegar, and then just rub a tiny dab of coconut oil on the ends after I wash. But if you're having good results, then it's probably fine.

Bonkers57
October 30th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks, Madame J - I have a bottle of almond oil, which I hear works well also. It makes sense to give those ends some extra protection. Now, do you put the coconut oil on after you've rinsed out the Dr. Bronners or after the vinegar? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm new at this.

If you have damaged ends, you may want to add some protein, moisture, and/or oil on the ends to protect them. I use Dr. Bronner's bar soap, diluted vinegar, and then just rub a tiny dab of coconut oil on the ends after I wash. But if you're having good results, then it's probably fine.

deko
October 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Use the coconut oil as leave-in and/or pre-wash treatment. Both should work fine and strenghten your hair. If you use coconut oil as pre-wash treatment you can leave it for several hours or over night and then wash it out. Oils are easier to wash out with CO.

But if your hair feels fine with your current washing methods stick with it. Maybe add a few drops of any oil as a leave in if the ends feel like they need it.