PDA

View Full Version : is it ok to do DC at every wash?

jojo
October 29th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I wash my hair poo and condish twice a week, but I have done a DC treatment after the poo, could this be harmful?

My hair feels great after it but in the long run could I cause damage?

TIA:)

florenonite
October 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM
DC's deep conditioning, right? I think it's ok to do one twice a week if it's not a problem for you. I believe Katze once said that when she joined LHC she had damaged hair and did SMTs after every wash for a while.

jojo
October 29th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Phew thats OK then, I have no damage but I just think with winter here my hair gets weather damaged more so figured this was the way to go, thanks x

pinchbeck
October 29th, 2009, 05:55 PM
My thing is I wonder about chemical in conditioners and their ability to deposit themselves and chill on my hair. The longer a product is left on hair the more it gets into the hair cuticles (I think) and I fear build-up. I leave conditioner on my hair for as little as possible and rinse, rinse, rinse. Of course I pre-oil first which to me acts as a deep conditioner without the need for additional stuff going on my hair.

Lots of mumble jumble in this answer, eh?

jojo
October 29th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I use chemical/cone free so dont really get build up, though I do like the odd coney condish as it does make my hair silkier. I tend to sway more for cones in winter however as I do think they protect my hair better.

clairenewcastle
October 29th, 2009, 06:48 PM
For years I used to DC after every wash as a sort of insurance policy against damage. All I did was cause build-up and, as I was using cones, damage. Now I realise my hair needs a break from constant products.

ademtce
October 29th, 2009, 08:11 PM
you'll probably notice build up (regardless of Cones) and maybe minor dry in your hair.
but it shouldn't cause any real damage

clairenewcastle
October 29th, 2009, 08:58 PM
If your hair is feeling great with what you're doing at the moment jojo then stick with it. :)

Kris Dove
October 30th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Should be fine- I used to do this when my hair was bleached and dyed, and I think it helped.

jojo
October 30th, 2009, 04:23 PM
I think for me its more my hair feels better and my worse time of year is now for splits due to the weather. I put my hair up every day when going out (rose bun today woop!) and always put quite a bit of coconut oil or whatever oil is flavour of the month, recently by the end of the day this has soaked completelly in, which makes me wonder that the winds we have had is causing my hair to dry out a little.

So strange how my hair needs change with the season, I am wondering if to go back to cones as extra protection too.

Dierna
October 30th, 2009, 06:07 PM
It really depends on what you're using to condition. If it is full of cones, it could cause buildup. If it has too much protein, it could make your hair brittle. Otherwise, it might just weigh your hair down. It can't hurt to try though, so long as you're careful about the cones and protein.