PDA

View Full Version : Help me classify my hair

mediumhair
October 29th, 2009, 01:15 PM
So little background. My hair grows very slow(3 inch per yr) and i've been growing it for 10 months so far. I haven't grown my hair past BSL ever. It's usually cut back to shoulder length. Also is my hair 1A or something else? Is this APL?
http://i37.tinypic.com/2mq2hyd.jpg

spidermom
October 29th, 2009, 01:21 PM
This picture looks like you had it bunned or ponytailed or something, which changes the appearance. To really see what your hair does all on its own, we need to see a picture where it's been air-dried - no styling. You can comb through it once while it's wet but nothing else. As for the color, it looks like you're a brunette.

mediumhair
October 29th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I know i'm brunette. Duh. I was wondering if my hair gives off a reddish tone? This photo is with no flash so the color is true. I did not have my hair up in a pony tail today. I think the pony tail crease at the top was from last night. The bottom part is always like that. That's without brushing.

spidermom
October 29th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Well - you know - no reason to talk to me like I'm an idiot or you think that I think you're an idiot. Your color is light enough that in another light it could appear to be dark blonde perhaps. I don't see red in it. It looks more ash near the scalp, more gold on the length. Could be my monitor, though.

mediumhair
October 29th, 2009, 01:38 PM
No no let's not get in a misunderstanding. I know my hair is brown. I didn't think it was blonde or black. That is why I said duh. Sorry if that offended you. I'm really sorry.
Is my hair APL? I just wasn't sure on a couple of minor things(length, hair type 1A,2A stuff).

spidermom
October 29th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I think you're at BSL - it looks like your hair length would rest on your bra band now. And I think you're probably in the 1 category (relatively straight), but I'd really need to see it air-dried and before any styling. I think there's some wave to it. Your hair looks really healthy and shiny.

(any offense taken has evaporated; no problem)

mediumhair
October 29th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Ok thanks spidermom. That is my hair without styling. Should I take some pictures of it brushed out?

Shorty89
October 29th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I would probably guess 1b or 1c.

spidermom
October 29th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Really? You didn't have it in a bun or twisted up with a claw clip or anything? Then I would say at least 1C (and very pretty, too).

It would be nearly impossibly to type your hair after you've brushed it out. Even curls can disappear under the influence of a good brushing.

Anje
October 29th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Your hair looks a bit longer than APL, but I wouldn't put it at BSL yet. Easier for you to tell than us, though...

You'll probably have to go through the standard hair-typing routine, which is to wash your hair and let it dry untouched, then snap a picture. At this point, though, I'd say you're closer to 2a than 1a, though.

mediumhair
October 29th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Ok thank you. I don't use product in my hair and I don't usually twist it up. At most it's in a ponytail, and I hardly ever braid. Although as it gets longer I will be braiding. After your comment Anje I think your right and my hair isn't BSL yet. Probably needs 2 more inches. I will get a photo of air dry hair soon.