PDA

View Full Version : Fighting the Evil Cowlick

Gulbahar
October 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I have those two cowlicks at the back of my head, right where the crown ends. The one on the right side isn't so bad, but the left one drives me crazy, because by now I can't wear my hair loose anymore without showing a huge "bald" spot there. Like a very prominent part, about three inches long and slightly curved.
I tried everything I could think of to fight the cowlick. I didn't have this problem before; it only started about two years ago and became worse and worse. And I really want to be able to wear my hair down once in a while. It just looks so ugly with that long white line. :-( Until now I didn't find any solution at all.
But today I stumbled upon this tutorial for fairytale braids by Torrin Paige (http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-VtZ2ps-yrg) and tried it. Wasn't at all difficult to do. So I figured I could just braid only one side, connecting hair from both sides of the cowlick to cover it up and then finish the little braid at the back of my head.
It worked!!! :cheese: It looks much better to me than half-ups which were only a compromise as I don't really like the look of them.

As for normal braids and updos I found a few things that work quite well to cover up the Evil Cowlick. The hair has to be pulled tight over that area. So it's best to start a braid high up, like a French or a Dutch braid. My updos usually sit pretty high or at least I first make a tighter half-up and start the updo from there.

I am curious if you guys can share other interesting ways to tackle this.