PDA

View Full Version : Is this cone/als/sls/paraben free?

Longlocks3
October 29th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I'm going to right a review shortly for a shampoo product I recently purchased. I'm pretty sure I know what most of the ingredients are, and what they are not, but I wanted some second opinions before I write the review.

Here are the ingredients:

purified water

aloe vera gel(full strength, certified organic)

shikai extract(acacia concinna)

olefin sulfonate,

cocoamidopropyl hydroxysultaine

cocamide MEA

glycerin(vegtable)

panthenol

salt

diazolidinyl

urea

natural fragrance

So, am I correct that this is cone free?

Is it SLS/ALS free?

Is it paraben free?

Are there any 'bad' things in this?

melikai
October 29th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Olefin Sulfonate can be derived (like parabens) from petroleum, so that's a personal choice on whether you want to avoid it or not. It can also be derived from coconut oil. It's a very refined detergent.

Cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine is a milder replacement for cocamodopropyl betaine - it's a cleanser.

Diazolidinyl urea is a natural preservative. It seems to be fairly safe.

Overall, no it doesn't seem to contain any SLS/ALS, parabens, or silicones. It's up to you whether you want to use a product with the Olefin Sulfonate in it. I wonder if you could find out if it is coconut or petroleum derived, if that matters to you?

Fractalsofhair
October 29th, 2009, 01:36 PM
It does contain "fragrance". Natural fragrance in the US doesn't mean ANYTHING.

If something is artificial fragrance free, the only way to know for certain is if all the essential oils and extracts are listed on the bottle, without any mention of fragrance.

Longlocks3
October 29th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Thank you all!

I believe the Olefin Sulfonate is derived from coconuts according to their website.

I'll be sure to add that it does have fragrance for people who have sensitivities.