PDA

View Full Version : Hair Essetials Vitamins

plainjanegirl
October 29th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Has anyone tried these? They recommend you use them for 90 days. There is a money back gaurantee. But they are kinda expensive so I didn't know if anyone had any results from these. And I see you have to take 3 pills a day.

http://www.naturalwellbeing.com/hair-growth-p34.cfm

pinchbeck
October 29th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I haven't tried any supplements for hair growth...yet! These are expensive and I question the horsetail and the zinc. Search TLHC threads for the pros and cons of taking horsetail. And I read that zinc can interfere with the body's ability to absorb copper (depending on the dosage, of course). Most of the other ingredients are foreign to me and it would be ideal to research each ingredient except for the minerals that are part of the list of ingredients.

Hopefully, some members will be able to help since so many are full of knowledge!

ericthegreat
October 29th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I don't take my vitamins specifically for my hair only. I take Vitamin E, A, and D as supplements for my whole body's health. i eat tons of veggies and fruits so I get my Vitamin C from that way.

chrissy-b
October 29th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I'd like to see in what quantity each herb and vitamin this is offering. I've read that you don't want to take Fo-Ti (He Shou Wu) as a stand alone; it should always be in a standardized formula (some issues with liver damage if taken alone from what I've read). Also if you're already taking another supplement, additional vitamin A can cause the opposite effect (hair loss), and without seeing how much Vit A is in this before buying you wouldn't know if it's too much for your system.

Bu Gu Zhi is to tonify kidneys and spleen so unless you have issues with that, taking this herb might be counter intuitive, and I've only read that it helps with hair growth if applied topically.

Overall, I guess I'm saying to not waste your money. The other things in this supplement can be found as stand alone supplements for cheaper with less risk of adverse effects.