PDA

View Full Version : Googled Myself...

xkmx
October 28th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Okay, this post has something to do with hair I promise :D

Background Information-
I used to have very long hair as a child as I had never gotten my hair trimmed until I was about twelve. (I will try to scan pictures tomorrow to show how long it was.) My hair was about classic length with fairy tale ends and a month before I started middle school I got "the big chop" up to my shoulders... I didn't regret it then but I regret it now. Over my teenage years I dyed my hair more and more, and I literally had my hair EVERY color in the rainbow. Because of all the dye and all the straight ironing I did, it progressively got shorter and shorter. Since finding LHC in about June of this year I decided no more dye, no more straightening, and no more trimming! My hair is about top BSL when pulled straight now, which is longer than its been since right before I was in middle school.

Anyways, my mother is a freelance writer, and quite the blogger in her free time. Being the nerd I am and because I'm putting off studying for a sociology exam tomorrow... I googled her name + "daughter" :o... Lo and behold I found a reply posting to one of her friends beauty blogs recently about how to get shiny hair. My mother's reply was "I love the tips for the shiny hair. I have a daughter with hair all the way down her back and can't wait to try it."

Now even though my hair isn't what I would consider "all the way down my back" I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Nobody in my family has commented on how I'm growing my hair out, which makes me feel like noones noticed, except for DBF. Now my hair finally feels like its getting long. :cheese: I don't think I would've been able to acheive this without all the tips and tricks I've learned from LHC, and the inspiration from all the pictures of the member's gorgeous locks. Thank you! :flower:

peachrose
October 28th, 2009, 07:11 PM
What a nice thing to find about yourself! :blossom:

Coriander
October 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM
That is such a great thing to read, especially with all the horror stories of what you can find about yourself online. :)

clairenewcastle
October 28th, 2009, 07:26 PM
That is a beautiful story. :google:
Good luck with your hair journey! :cheer:

xkmx
October 28th, 2009, 07:27 PM
It was refreshing to find as I'm using it as inspiration to grow my hair back to it's original length. :)

LOL! Coriander - Sadly that is my only claim to fame :P Even when I google my full name nothing comes up about me, just other people that I share the same name with facebooks, myspaces, etc.

Leena7
October 28th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Hey, when I google my name I get a bunch of old announcements from my high school where my name must appear along with my facebook. I don't get nice hair compliments like you!

xkmx
October 28th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Hey, when I google my name I get a bunch of old announcements from my high school where my name must appear along with my facebook. I don't get nice hair compliments like you!

Hahaha. No sadly the hair compliment doesn't come up when I google my name... It comes up when I google my mothers... I'm simply not cool enough to be google-able :p I've found two pictures of my hippie self when I was around eight years old that I will be posting tomorrow.