PDA

View Full Version : The best time to take biotin?

omgkfclolz
October 27th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I'm not sure if the best time to take biotin is throughout the day, in the morning or in the afternoon (or right before bed). I take it once i wake up each morning. I'm not sure why, but i use the logic that it "works throughout the day." But maybe the best time to use it would be at night? i'm not sure because i think, "it'll take a few hours to kick in so while i'm asleep it may not be working," then again what do i know? haha. So i'm wondering what time is best to take it for the best results? And btw i take 5 pills, 1000 mcg each. So that's five milligrams, right? and i heard anything over 5000 mcg will be disposed of in the urine. So i'm stopping at that level unless i can take more, then i'll do that. And I got it from wal mart. here's a pic of it, just in case you have the same stuff i do. http://i36.tinypic.com/25jft7a.jpg

Coriander
October 27th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Biotin is a B-complex vitamin (B-7) and I've always been told that it's best to take B vitamins in the morning or sometime during the day. I take mine in the late morning as I take a multi at night, and I like to spread the vitamin intake throughout the day. That's just me, though.

I think that the amount you're taking is fine, but be on the lookout for skin issues or mood changes and adjust accordingly. If you take any sort of medication, read about any possible interactions.

Here is a good link - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patient-biotin.html

ETA: The link does not have information about mood changes with taking biotin. I only suggest this because I'm personally someone who notices mood swings when I switch around levels of vitamins or supplements. I'm also on medication that can be affected by supplements, which in turn affects my moods. Just a heads up. :)

clairenewcastle
October 27th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I've always felt that vitamins are better taken in the morning but that's just me - I always take any supplements with food though.

omgkfclolz
October 27th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Biotin is a B-complex vitamin (B-7) and I've always been told that it's best to take B vitamins in the morning or sometime during the day. I take mine in the late morning as I take a multi at night, and I like to spread the vitamin intake throughout the day. That's just me, though.

I think that the amount you're taking is fine, but be on the lookout for skin issues or mood changes and adjust accordingly. If you take any sort of medication, read about any possible interactions.

Here is a good link - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patient-biotin.htmlback once i was 14/15 i took some acne medication for a few months that got rid of 99% of my acne, i think it's called acutane, you take it in pills. I rarely have acne, i'd say at max on my face 1 or 2 marks, and they disappear within a week, now after taking biotin i have noticed a few marks but nothing out of the ordinary, and by the end of tonight they were gone. so i'm sure i'll have no problem with acne problems. If anything like that does happen i'll post it. But as of right now i have no mood changes, and or acne problems.

Coriander
October 28th, 2009, 12:38 AM
I'm happy to hear that you've had no problems. :)

Bene
October 28th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I don't see any reason why the time of day would have any effect on vitamins in the body. If there were, wouldn't that be on the container?