PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations?

whiteisle
October 27th, 2009, 07:37 PM
So....it's time to switch it up again. I had gone back to using a regular shampoo and conditioner with cones because I thought my hair would be happy(ier) but it's turned on me today. I know clarifying might be suggested but it shouldn't be a build-up problem as there are no cones in the shampoo. I'm trying to decide which route to go now. Here are the facts:

~ My hair LOVES moisture.
~ Our water is more hard than soft (translation: not real sure on the particulars but it's definitely not soft)
~ I feel I need a "slip" factor to help tangles

I like using poo bars but with the cv bars I couldn't seem to shake the waxy feeling and the acv rinse didn't give enough slip after everything dried. Lead to tangles and probably some damage. Maybe cv bars aren't for me? Another kind perhaps?

I like WO for the natural aspect and how wonderfully soft the length gets but I have a hard time dealing with the plastered, piecy, do-nothing scalp area. Maybe the water's fault? Perhaps a filter?

CO...it's ok...I think I lose more hair this way. And it leaves my hair sort of lank but soft. However, the ends are still tangle prone. Maybe follow with a cone conditioner on length and clarify as needed?

Herbs and teas and the sort aren't for me right now as I have a very busy homelife with 3 young children and very few neurons to spare. I need brainless haircare, LOL.

Thanks for letting me think (type) out loud. :)