PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking maybe I DO like fairytale ends!

Curlsgirl
April 21st, 2008, 07:03 PM
I did prefer blunt straight across or slight u-shaped hemlines but I have been thinking I like the look of fairytale ends lately. I am not really trimming anyway so I figure mine will end up like that if I don't trim.

Is there a way to keep fairytale ends AND do trims or do you just have to not trim?

spidermom
April 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM
I did prefer blunt straight across or slight u-shaped hemlines but I have been thinking I like the look of fairytale ends lately. I am not really trimming anyway so I figure mine will end up like that if I don't trim.

Is there a way to keep fairytale ends AND do trims or do you just have to not trim?

I think if you were to lift up separate strands and snip the bottom off each one as a separate entity, the hem would stay more like fairy tale ends.

I like the look of them on some people, but so far on me, whenever I start getting those thinned out ends, I've also got lots of splits. Splits make me crazy!

Curlsgirl
April 21st, 2008, 08:26 PM
I wondered about that. I can't see very well so I really don't know if I have splits or not :shrug: I do not have it in me to S & D I know that even if I COULD see it enough to! THAT would drive me nuts! I might not like the fairytale ends on me either. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

missy60
April 21st, 2008, 10:27 PM
I do look at some people with fairytale ends and think that they look very pretty. I know I couldnt stand them on me though. I still have light layers and at times while trying to growing them out the bottom layer would looks so thin and it really drove me crazy.

OhioLisa
April 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
I say go for it. I wasn't much of a fan of them before I had them. Now, I won't go blunt. It's just not "me". I look forward to watching your progress. ;)

mommy2one05
April 22nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
I would definately go for it.
I think they look better on longer hair.

Curlsgirl
April 22nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
I say go for it. I wasn't much of a fan of them before I had them. Now, I won't go blunt. It's just not "me". I look forward to watching your progress. ;)

Yours look very pretty!

I would definately go for it.
I think they look better on longer hair.

Like OhioLisa's! Yes I do too, like waist or beyond. I was watching the movie Dodgeball last night and the girl on there had really pretty fairytale ends. Hers was layered which I wouldn't want but the ends were very pretty like that.

Islandgrrl
April 22nd, 2008, 01:00 PM
I think that fairytale ends are really pretty. I've never had them though. Even at my longest length I still had a really full hemline that was pretty U shaped.

tokidokichi
March 12th, 2010, 09:23 PM
yes, you can still get a trim and keep the look of your fairytale ends =] I'm a hairdresser and I use a technique called "point cutting". It's where you hold the hair horizontaly and cut up into the hair holding the scissors vertically. I use this technique a lot. Hope I helped ^_^

aef231
March 12th, 2010, 09:41 PM
yes, you can still get a trim and keep the look of your fairytale ends =] I'm a hairdresser and I use a technique called "point cutting". It's where you hold the hair horizontaly and cut up into the hair holding the scissors vertically. I use this technique a lot. Hope I helped ^_^

I love point cutting! I've been working in hair salons (as either a receptionist/shampoo person/esthetician) since I was 15, and I always think the results look so much nicer, less geometric, more natural :)

Rhiannon7
March 12th, 2010, 09:49 PM
I love fairy tale ends, just not on my hair. i think curly or more wavy hair looks great with fairy tale ends. go for it and try fairy tale ends, i mean if you don't like them you can always change the hemline.

When you get them please share pics. your hair is lovely.

andrea1982
March 12th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I love fairytail ends on curly hair! I thimk you should go for it, too. If you don't like it you can always trim blunt again.

Starr
March 12th, 2010, 10:35 PM
I prefer fairytale ends on myself since blunt ends tend make my hair look very triangular. There's no harm in trying it and if you don't like fairytale ends you can always just cut back and even out the ends again.

embee
March 13th, 2010, 06:37 AM
I think a lot depends on how you wear your hair. I did a blunt cut right before joining LHC and every updo style suddenly failed for me - the blunt (straight) ends would NOT tuck in or stay in at all, they stuck out of every updo like bristles on a paintbrush. Bummer. Since I wear an updo every day it is important to me to have the hair behave correctly, and fairytale ends works great for that. YMMV.

Carolyn
March 13th, 2010, 06:45 AM
You have such a pretty curl pattern I think you could do fairy tale ends nicely. Either way is nice really. Why not grow for a while without trimming and see what happens? You can always go back to a blunt hemline later on if you want to.