PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing help, please

Bonny
April 21st, 2008, 06:08 PM
I realize my hair may be too short for hair typing, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway...

Here's my hair washed, conditioned, left untouched and air dried:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=871&pictureid=9622

Here's a picture from one side:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=871&pictureid=9623

Is it 2a? 2b? I'd appreciate any comments! Thanks!

Emme76
April 22nd, 2008, 01:48 AM
IŽd go for a 2a :)! But I am not the best at this since I still feel like a newbie :D!
I think here are others that might be better to give you advice on your hairtype.......

But I do think we have about the same length. I am also growing mine out. Your might be a bit longer...but I am getting there :)! I love the mix of dark and light!!!! Like salt and pepper....I like it!

Take care...
/Emme

AprilElf
April 22nd, 2008, 02:47 AM
I think it might look like 2b when it gets longer. :)

Nat242
April 22nd, 2008, 03:43 AM
It's really too short to tell, I'm afraid! Definitely in the '2' range, but we'll have to wait and see what your wave pattern is when it's a bit longer :flowers:

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

-- Natalie

Bonny
April 22nd, 2008, 05:14 AM
I was thinking it was probably too short to tell. Oh well, I'll just wait for a while and see how it turns out.

I guess I'm particularly curious about my hairtype because of being brought up with the idea that Chinese people are supposed to have straight hair. I've spent most of my life feeling bad that I don't have the stereotypical smooth, straight, glossy Asian hair.

Thanks, everyone, for your input! :flowers:

n3m3sis42
April 22nd, 2008, 05:59 AM
My guess is 2a, based on what my 2a hair does at that length. But your texture and thickness are different from mine, so it's hard to say. Oh, and also I am kind of a newb. :D

I can't wait to see pics again when it's longer.

paper
April 22nd, 2008, 06:20 AM
Bonny, you have pretty hair. I think it's going to look great when it gets long with that color and curls.

spidermom
April 22nd, 2008, 07:40 AM
It looks like 2B to me. Let's check it again in a year.

Amoretti
April 22nd, 2008, 08:06 AM
I agree, 2B. It looks a lot wavier than mine when I have shorter layers and I'm a 2A. Don't be surprised though if it turns out to be a 2C, lucky you. LOL.