PDA

View Full Version : Circumference vs. diameter

Sister13
October 27th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Silly me, I was feeling very anxious about my circumference. Folks here have 2 and 3 inch circumference while I had 1 inch or so. I've been obsessively checking out other people's pony tails looking for the elusive ones that were 2 and 3 inches wide.

Then I remembered circumference is the length around and diameter is length across. Duh.

I've been out of school a while.
:o:o:o:o

JCFantasy23
October 27th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Well at least it was a relieving discovery.

Spring
October 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM
So I guess if we want to find out what the diameter is, we divide by pi :D! Do others measure their circumference with a pony tail holder at the thickest part, then measure the hair right next to the pony tail holder?

Sister13
October 28th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Yes, I think you measure your pony next to the holder. I went from feeling quite straggly haired to feeling a part of the cool hair group?

I told you I was silly.:o:o:o:o

Teacherbear
October 28th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Do others measure their circumference with a pony tail holder at the thickest part, then measure the hair right next to the pony tail holder?
I don't know how everyone else does it, but I braid my hair in a low braid (without a pony holder at the name, just braided hair), then measure the circumference (distance around). I hold it snugly, but not tightly.

MemSahib
October 28th, 2009, 09:25 PM
You are not the first LHC member to worry about her "circumference" when she was actually measuring diameter! ;)

Sissy
October 28th, 2009, 09:29 PM
ha, that's a good one! I'm glad you got it all sorted out :)