PDA

View Full Version : So, my scalp is bleeding....

LittleOrca
October 27th, 2009, 12:56 AM
My head itched and I scratched my head a little too hard and long since I was frustrated with my paper and ended up causing my scalp to bleed. Should I just let it scab or would it be okay if I put something on it to aid in the protection of the wound, such as neosporen (spelling?). Would that harm my hair?

Liat
October 27th, 2009, 01:03 AM

Rivanariko
October 27th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I've done this numerous times, but my scalp is awful. I never put anything on it and it's always healed fine. I wouldn't think that a triple antibiotic like neosporin would be harmful, but I don't know for sure. Unless it's a huge gaping wound, I think you're probably okay just leaving it.

LittleOrca
October 27th, 2009, 01:06 AM
It's a large read smear on my scalp that would cover the area of an American quarter, but not as round as one. It's irritated now and I am doing my bes tot leave it be. I had my fiancé check it and it was not actively bleeding like a pricked finger would. It was, as he said "red and gooey" which I think was some nice healing body juice (doesn't that sound yummy) beginning to take over and start the healing process.

Thanks for the quick input. :) I will leave it alone for now and hope nothing negative develops from it.

Liat
October 27th, 2009, 01:12 AM

Flynn
October 27th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't put anything on it. Any wound to your head bleeds an awful lot, so the scratch you've given yourself is probably tiiiny.

Put your hair up and put a hat on it if you think it will help you keep your hands away. XD

Elenna
October 27th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Scratching your scalp until it bleeds, is this stress related? Be careful of wounds. If I were you, I'd clean the wound, and put some neosporin on it.

LittleOrca
October 27th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Scratching your scalp until it bleeds, is this stress related?

In this case it was stress related. I am attempting to finish my midterm paper, due tomorrow, and the last little bit has been giving me trouble over the last two days. I think I have it licked now :)