PDA

View Full Version : disappointed :(

natorade
October 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Today I had to officially give up my hair vitamins. The biotin just kept breaking me out. I would rather have a clear face then keep taking them. My hair has only been growing 1/2 an inch a month so I hope it doesn't slow down cause I am not taking the pills. I really am getting so frustrated. Why can't I just be one of those people with fast growing hair and not so darn acne prone. I swear I did not get any of my moms genes.

Coriander
October 26th, 2009, 06:20 PM
;grouphug: I also had to give up the Biotin because of what it was doing to my skin.

curlytiff27
October 26th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear thour giving it up. I had the same pronelm when I started biotin and msm however someone told me to take vitamin c with it. So I started that and I drink a lot a lot a lot of water during the day too. I take 500 mgs of vitamin c twice a day. And trust me I'm getting a lot of biotin. Over 5000 mcg a day. And I promise my skin is more clearer. Maybe its something that could help you. Just a thought. HTH!

Tiff

natorade
October 26th, 2009, 06:34 PM
;grouphug: I also had to give up the Biotin because of what it was doing to my skin.
Did you notice a difference in your rate of growth?

Armelle
October 26th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Oooh...thanks for the heads up! I've got very cranky skin and would hate to discover this side effect the hard way. Good luck!

jojo
October 26th, 2009, 06:36 PM
1/2" of growth is the average growth rate so well done.

Demetrue
October 26th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I share your pain! I just started doing Biotin again - one pill a day and already, giant cysts are forming on my chin, and though I have had hormonal flare-ups over the years, they've never been cystic before and now I am getting scarring. I am too old for acne!!!

clairenewcastle
October 26th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Bear in mind that other factors could be contributing to your recent outbreak of acne, however I've read that vitamin C taken alongside biotin can reduce the problem so consider giving it a try.
Half an inch of growth a month is pretty good, your hair is growing at a normal rate rather than a slow rate. I only grew just over two inches between January and October.....

pradabacon
October 26th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Biotin breaks me out as well. But I never noticed faster hair growth while I was on it, so I wasn't too sorry to give it up.

Just try something else, hon. :flowers: I'm experimenting with Biosil at the moment.

natorade
October 26th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear thour giving it up. I had the same pronelm when I started biotin and msm however someone told me to take vitamin c with it. So I started that and I drink a lot a lot a lot of water during the day too. I take 500 mgs of vitamin c twice a day. And trust me I'm getting a lot of biotin. Over 5000 mcg a day. And I promise my skin is more clearer. Maybe its something that could help you. Just a thought. HTH!

Tiff
I started taking 1000 mgs of vit c about 3 days ago. Maybe I should give the c more time.

Speckla
October 26th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I broke out at first. I decreased my dose and started drinking more water and the breakouts cleared up after the first week and I've been taking Biotin faithfully for 2 years now. I have definitely had increased growth and hair strength when I added MSM.

Carolyn
October 26th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I started taking 1000 mgs of vit c about 3 days ago. Maybe I should give the c more time.IMO 3 days is not long enough when you are trying something new. I've read that some people need an adjustment period for both biotin and msm. A detox period and then things get better. I don't think you are going to see a change in growth rate for several months. Keep in mind that you might not get faster growth but the new hair you grow could be better quality.

pradabacon
October 26th, 2009, 07:10 PM
^^^Good points.

BlndeInDisguise
October 26th, 2009, 08:00 PM
That's too bad! But don't give up! Biotin makes me break out, too, but not taking it doesn't keep my hair from being long. :)

natorade
October 26th, 2009, 08:14 PM
IMO 3 days is not long enough when you are trying something new. I've read that some people need an adjustment period for both biotin and msm. A detox period and then things get better. I don't think you are going to see a change in growth rate for several months. Keep in mind that you might not get faster growth but the new hair you grow could be better quality.
I have been taking my hair vitamins for 3 months. I have broken out 2 different times while taking them. I would go off and my skin would clear then I would start them again and I would break out again. I am going to go off of them for a month and see what my growth rate is with out them.