PDA

View Full Version : I'm addicted to conditioner! And I don't intend on quitting!

ericthegreat
October 26th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I just came back from the supermarket to pick up some last minute frozen foods and veggies. Of course, in addition to the groceries I just had to at least check out the hair care aisle. :p
And what do you know, my favorite cone free coconut scented conditioner was on sale for a dollar! So of course even tho I have like 15 other bottles in my house already, I couldn't pass this up! :cheese:

I CO every night, so I figure I'm stocking up. In case the apocalypse happens and every man has to defend his home and food with a shotgun, well at least I'll have over a year's supply of conditioner!:D

Longlocks3
October 26th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Uh oh, now us other CO addicts now where to come looking for cone free CO if the apocalypse happens. I only have like 18 bottles! :P

ericthegreat
October 26th, 2009, 03:47 PM
AHAAHAHAHA! :p

Stand back! I wouldn't take another step if I were you! :guns:

Yayasmurf
October 26th, 2009, 03:52 PM
It's a good thing you're in NY and I'm in NC because I know exactly which one you are talking about. My personal favorite cone free coconut scented conditioner too! :D

I done a henna and placenta conditioning last night... WRONG IDEA for me. Don't know why but it was a disaster. Looked and felt terrible. Back to my old faithful and trusted friend. :D

Speckla
October 26th, 2009, 03:52 PM
ahaha...I have some sulfate free shampoo and cone free condish, cone free gel, and cone free leave-in. Too much conditioner. But atleast my hair will look good if the world ends tomorrow.;)

RancheroTheBee
October 26th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I just bought coconut-scented conditioner, too! I was down to a lowly one bottle of 'cone-free, so I knew I would need another very soon. Yes, that's right folks: I have ONE bottle of shampoo and two bottles of conditioner. Super-minimalist for an LHCer.

linda g
October 26th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I am obviously unprepared for the apocalypse. :(

lora410
October 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM
:rollin: sounds like me when I see it on sale. I also have tons of the stuff :D

Arashi
October 26th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Me too.. :D I have about a million bottles of cheapo cone-free conditioner lining my bathtub...(and on the floor next to it)
It always happens something like this: "Oooh, I've never seen THAT scent before! Hey, it's only $1! And I might as well get a few more bottles while I'm at it!"

krissykins
October 26th, 2009, 05:39 PM
oh dear. I better go stock up for the end of the world! I am terribly unprepared with only three bottles lol

Longlocks3
October 26th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Maybe we should start an "LHC guide to surviving the apocalypse"

Step one: Buy crazy amounts of preferred hair shampoo/conditioner/etc.

Step two: Buy enough hair toys to last the rest of your life.

pixiedoo
October 26th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Your post made me laugh!! I'm glad I am not the only one who can't stay away from the hair care aisle and resist the urge to buy even more conditioner!! I seem to always be lurking there on the lookout for new cone free conditioners to try, reading the labels and getting odd looks. I keep telling myself that I should use up all the bottles I have before I buy more but have no willpower :)

I must stop because my bathroom is beginning to resemble the hair care aisle.........NO MORE CONDITIONER!!

marikamt
It's a good thing you're in NY and I'm in NC because I know exactly which one you are talking about. My personal favorite cone free coconut scented conditioner too! :D

I done a henna and placenta conditioning last night... WRONG IDEA for me. Don't know why but it was a disaster. Looked and felt terrible. Back to my old faithful and trusted friend. :D

If we are talking about the same one, I just picked up 2 bottles for .97 each... heehee!!!

Arashi
Maybe we should start an "LHC guide to surviving the apocalypse"

Step one: Buy crazy amounts of preferred hair shampoo/conditioner/etc.

Step two: Buy enough hair toys to last the rest of your life.
Step Three: Buy several pairs of nice hair cutting scissors to stash away(for trimming or S&D'ing, of course :D ) in case the pair you have gets dull.

ericthegreat
October 26th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Ahaha my thread has taken on a whole different life of its own! :joy:

I would add stocking up on jars and jars of coconut oil, honey, and olive oil to the list of things you need for surviving the apocalypse. Of course, we'll have to debate whether we should use those items for our hair or as our food! :gobblecheese:

pepperminttea
October 26th, 2009, 06:06 PM
And I thought I was prepared with one spare bottle - time to go shopping! :D

Out of interest, which conditioner is it?

marikamt
October 26th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I have leftover coney shampoo and condish that is now DH's..... I have sls free 'poo and condish, 'poo bars, 3 types of cone free condish, SMT supplies, coconut oil and shea butter........ not to mention all the "products" (gel, mousse, pomade, etc) that I have pretty much stopped using

Elphie
October 26th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Oh it's Suave Coconut...and should the apocolypse occur, I'm raiding Eric's house. That's my level of preparation.

Besides, he's got frozen food. Yay!

Presto
October 26th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Boy, I'm sure I'll be a thread downer, but I will chop my hair off if there really is an apocalyptic type situation. Not just Katrina bad, it would have to be much worse than that. Zombie squad anyone?
Water is for drinking. My hair is a luxury item that is massively inconvenient in the best of times. :p

Ahh, I remember running a soap bar across my head... Conditioner? That would put my morning shower over 5 minutes, there's no time for that!

Now showers take easily half an hour, because I DO care for my hair properly. :D Hot running water! I'm glad we aren't living through an apocalyptic style catastrophy.

ravenreed
October 26th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I second that thought. :eyebrows:

Oh it's Suave Coconut...and should the apocolypse occur, I'm raiding Eric's house. That's my level of preparation.

Besides, he's got frozen food. Yay!

jojo
October 26th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Oh eric you do make me chuckle!

spidermom
October 26th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Hoarding conditioner (etc) always sounds so incredibly self-indulgent to me, but I'll be the one crying if the apocalypse comes and I have to do without. Maybe I can barter some angora for it. Need a nice warm hat, anyone?

Shar2
October 26th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I wish my favorite conditioner went on sale...if it did I'd probably hoard it as well. Next time it's on sale maybe I'll pick up an extra few bottles...just in case the apocalypse hits.

Speckla
October 26th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Hey, I bought a lot of shampoo and conditioner because it was 50% off - and they let me have the whole bottle. :)

masterofmidgets
October 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Heh, I do the same thing. At the beginning of the term I go to the store and buy 10 or 12 bottles of conditioner to last me til break, and then I still end up buying bottles that are on ad or look like they smell good. The way I figure it, I'll surely use them eventually, and I'd rather have a few extras lying around than hop in the shower and realize I'm all out.

Longlocks3
October 26th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Heh, I do the same thing. At the beginning of the term I go to the store and buy 10 or 12 bottles of conditioner to last me til break, and then I still end up buying bottles that are on ad or look like they smell good. The way I figure it, I'll surely use them eventually, and I'd rather have a few extras lying around than hop in the shower and realize I'm all out.

OUT?! People actually allow themselves to run out of CONDITIONER? :shudder:

cuddledumplin
October 26th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Here in the UK cone-free and cheap don't seem to coexist unless you can find some American VO5 at Home Bargains or a market stall. When I visit the states, I bring back tons of cheapy stuff, but I have to find some room in my luggage for clothes.

Shiva
October 26th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Wow, it's a good thing I read this thread otherwise I would've had no clue about the oncoming apoxyclips.

::stocks up on Ojon::

I bought a Suave Coconut conditioner, but I never got to use it.

Speckla
October 26th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Here in the UK cone-free and cheap don't seem to coexist unless you can find some American VO5 at Home Bargains or a market stall. When I visit the states, I bring back tons of cheapy stuff, but I have to find some room in my luggage for clothes.

You bring clothes? But that takes up precious space. lol. I figure no one will mind me being nuddie if my hair looks great. Some day it will be long enough to cover me all. :eyebrows:

Speckla
October 26th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Wow, it's a good thing I read this thread otherwise I would've had no clue about the oncoming apoxyclips.

::stocks up on Ojon::

I bought a Suave Coconut conditioner, but I never got to use it.

Aren't those used to secure hair extensions? :cheese:

Shiva
October 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Aren't those used to secure hair extensions? :cheese:

Oooops, my bad!

:p

little_acorn
October 26th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Hhhm should the apocolypse happen - I'm going WO :p

Sissy
October 26th, 2009, 08:50 PM
:rollin: sounds like me when I see it on sale. I also have tons of the stuff :D

ha, me too! I have a whole closet full of hair care supplies with one whole section dedicated to CO washing light conditioners. I have a bunch of V05, Suave, and White Rain!

friskybiznus
October 26th, 2009, 09:19 PM
So it's decided. We are all going over to Eric's for an Apocolypse Party! Woot!

babbleball
October 26th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Hehe.. This topic reminded me that at the chain pharmacy where I work we're ALWAYS out of the suave or white rain (I honestly forget which) coconut conditioner. Only the coconut and only the conditioner.

Cherry_Sprinkle
October 26th, 2009, 11:20 PM
How do I go about convincing my husband that 6 bottles of conditioner in the shower is normal? He doesn't seem to buy into the apocalypse theory :wail:

ericthegreat
October 26th, 2009, 11:28 PM
How do I go about convincing my husband that 6 bottles of conditioner in the shower is normal? He doesn't seem to buy into the apocalypse theory :wail:

Our economy is in shambles, our dollar is getting weaker and weaker, healthcare is a total scam, and we have senior citizens who are forced to go back into the workforce because their 401Ks and retirement investments and pension plans have all been wiped out. Ok I'll get off my political soapbox now. :soapbox:

You can tell that to you DH the next time he asks you why you need 20 bottles of conditioner! :cheese:

juliaxena
October 27th, 2009, 12:18 AM
I bought 2,2 liters of conditioner yesterday. I just need to find a good hiding place before my family sees it. In my defence, it is a years supply and it was on 70 percent discount.

clairenewcastle
October 27th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Talk about the bare necessities of life.......air, food, water and conditioner.

TiaKitty
October 27th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I realized today that I have issues with conditioner... my as my Sweetie and I went up the hair care aisle at the local grocery today, *he* noticed that the Suave was on sale, bent over and got one bottle of shampoo and three bottles of conditioner!!!

Perhaps going into my fit of rage the last time we ran out had a lasting emotional effect on him!

When someone else knows about your addiction and buys the conditioner for you, does that make them an enabler???

Unzadi
October 27th, 2009, 05:11 AM
In case of apocalypse, we can all meet at a central location and store our conditioner in a protective industrial container, then take turns guarding that container. The zombies will never get in.

GlassEyes
October 27th, 2009, 05:16 AM
When someone else knows about your addiction and buys the conditioner for you, does that make them an enabler???

My mom and the roommate end up doing most of the bathroom necessity shopping, mostly because I'm in school when they end up going. Last time they asked me what I needed, I had run out of suave, and I needed shampoo, so I told them I 'needed shampoo and conditioner'.

They came back with a single bottle of shampoo, and about six bottles of assorted suave conditioner. >______>;; They know me well.

magpielaura
October 27th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Each time I buy a heap of something because it is on special offer....My scalp decides it dosen't like it anymore! I have to carefully weigh up the "enough hair stuff in case of zombie attack" / "gallons of bottles I don't like but feel I must use up" dillema.

JamieLeigh
October 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Hehe, whenever anyone says "apocalypse", I think of zombies. So you'll have awesome hair while you're fighting off the hordes. :D

ericthegreat
October 27th, 2009, 08:40 AM
AHAHA! Guys I was actually thinking of the year 2012, you know with the whole prediction that our world as we know it will end in a series of earthquakes and tidal waves and plague and fires and all that. I figure since we have just 3 short years to prepare for it just in case, I better practice stocking up now!

Babyfine
October 27th, 2009, 08:48 AM
VO5 Kiwi lime- can't get enough of the stuff. So great for CO.
My hubby wants to know why in the world I need sooo much hair care stuff.
I've told him"honey, when the calamity comes- we'll be all set!"
Everyone should have a little veggie garden- even if you live in an apartment.
And a little extra dry goods and water- in case something really does happen.

RoseRedDead
October 27th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Trust me, Eric, I'm with you on conditioner-hoarding. I have 50+ bottles of cone- and protein-free conditioner for CO washing.

It makes me happy to know that I have it there when I need it.

Katurday
October 27th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Ah, Suave Coconut. I'm down to my last three bottles because it wasn't on sale ($3 CAD) and because there were only three left. Funny how everyone ONLY buys the Coconut one and ONLY the conditioner.

If it was ever for a dollar... I'd literally buy about 20 dollars worth of it.

ericthegreat
October 27th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Trust me, Eric, I'm with you on conditioner-hoarding. I have 50+ bottles of cone- and protein-free conditioner for CO washing.

It makes me happy to know that I have it there when I need it.

You have more than 50 bottles?! And they are both cone free and protein free?!

Guys, I think we all need to shift the focus off of me and we all need to tract down RoseRedDead's humble home instead when the Apocalypse comes! :guns: :draw:

Buddaphlyy
October 27th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I think at the height of my conditioner addiction, I had 132 bottles in various sizes.

I've since gotten it down to about 20.

Longlocks3
October 27th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I think at the height of my conditioner addiction, I had 132 bottles in various sizes.

I've since gotten it down to about 20.

WOW. I'm in awe.

ericthegreat
October 27th, 2009, 09:29 PM
VO5 Kiwi lime- can't get enough of the stuff. So great for CO.
My hubby wants to know why in the world I need sooo much hair care stuff.
I've told him"honey, when the calamity comes- we'll be all set!"
Everyone should have a little veggie garden- even if you live in an apartment.
And a little extra dry goods and water- in case something really does happen.

I already buy canned soup and canned tomatoes. I watch the news every night and if my family gets even a hint that something big and bad will happen, we will grab as much canned and packaged foods as we can load into the Jeep.

I also eat fresh veggies as well, but as we know in a real worldwide crisis there most likely won't be any fresh produce to buy and there most likely wouldn't even be any new shipments of fresh farmed produce. We do have a backyard, however I just grow my annual roses back there. Maybe I might think about planting some tomatoes there as well.

spidermom
October 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I grow a lot of vegetables on my little suburban lot here, but I could plant my entire postage stamp sized yard and it wouldn't be enough to feed everyone on my cul-de-sac, much less everyone on the street, and they'd all be looking for fresh food; I just know it. As for conditioner, I only have 2 bottles, one in the bathroom and one in my gym bag. Why would anyone need more than that, I thought. "Thought" being the operative, past tense word. haha (mentally calculating the route to rosereddead's house)

ericthegreat
October 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I grow a lot of vegetables on my little suburban lot here, but I could plant my entire postage stamp sized yard and it wouldn't be enough to feed everyone on my cul-de-sac, much less everyone on the street, and they'd all be looking for fresh food; I just know it. As for conditioner, I only have 2 bottles, one in the bathroom and one in my gym bag. Why would anyone need more than that, I thought. "Thought" being the operative, past tense word. haha (mentally calculating the route to rosereddead's house)

Well in case of an actual worldwide disaster, its best to build a fence around your property. And of course, no matter what your personal beliefs about guns and firearms are you will need to have them and learn how to use them. There most likely won't be a working police force to keep looters away, so in fact you and your own family become your own police. Unless of course you and your family somehow happen to run away to a military base and they accept you in there, then I suppose you yourself won't have to use a firearm. I know, that would be a scary predicament if such a thing were to happen to our world, but seeing how things are going with our economy and our volatile encounters with some hostile countries who may intend to harm America, I think we need to be prepared for anything.

ritza
October 27th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I am a Deep Conditoner LOOOOVER!:cheese:

Happy Hair Growing!:magic:

brigettefogle
October 27th, 2009, 11:43 PM
what supermarket do you shop at?

is it ok to condition your hair everyday?

Avani
October 28th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I really confused now - what is this 'cone' everyone is talking about. I thought it was a hair style / hair grip when I first joined and assumed the meaning of the word would become apparent... but it hasnt - has it something to do with how you wash your hair?

hela
October 28th, 2009, 03:34 AM
I could fill a swimming pool with all the olive oil I have (for cooking), but... great offers in conditioner? Not over here! :pins:

JamieLeigh
October 28th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I really confused now - what is this 'cone' everyone is talking about. I thought it was a hair style / hair grip when I first joined and assumed the meaning of the word would become apparent... but it hasnt - has it something to do with how you wash your hair?

"Cone" is an abbreviation for the word "silicone", which is an ingredient found in lots of shampoos and conditioners that some of us try to avoid. There are lots of people on here who do still use "cones", and lots who swap back and forth on occasion. It all depends on your personal hair issues. Usually if the word ends in "cone" in the ingredient list, it's a silicone. :)

RoseRedDead
October 28th, 2009, 08:49 PM
You have more than 50 bottles?! And they are both cone free and protein free?!

Guys, I think we all need to shift the focus off of me and we all need to tract down RoseRedDead's humble home instead when the Apocalypse comes! :guns: :draw:

Yes, they are both cone-free and protein-free. And no, you can't have them!

(I have food, weapons, and ammo too, just sayin'. If any longhairs are in need of shelter during the apocalypse, just pm me. :eyebrows:)

Vianka
October 28th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Yes, as you all know the world is going to end in 2012 and we need to look fabulous. We need to start stocking up now!

ericthegreat
October 28th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I agree Vianka! Especially when the world happens to end, we all want to look our best for the aliens :alien::alien::alien:
who will come down from their spaceships and save us from the destruction of the Earth.

ericthegreat
November 13th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I did it again folks! So I'm back at the same supermarket picking up some last minute foods to last me for the weekend, and of course on instinct I maneuvered my way down to the haircare aisle. And this week, my favorite tropical coconut scented conditioner was on sale again for just 99 cents! :cheese: So of course I picked it up along with my food groceries! :p

23_seconds
November 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM
||||||||||

turtlelover
November 13th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I think that because I'm bored w/ my hair right now since it is too short to put up, I tend to buy waaaaay more stuff than I will ever use. My poor husband gets so aggravated w/ all of the bottles that I leave everywhere!!!!

ericthegreat
November 13th, 2009, 06:49 PM
23 seconds, I'm so glad I'm not crazy (or at least I'm definitely not alone! LOL) for obsessively buying conditioner at the market even tho now I already have 20 bottles of conditioner at home!

Turtlelover, as your hair gets even longer you will find that your obsession with all things haircare products and hair toys will only increase exponentially! :cheese:

Speckla
November 13th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Are you running out of room to store them? Try the 'fridge but be careful to read labels when you want to put mayo on a sandwich. You might end up with a smooth perfectly detangled tongue....:eyebrows:

ericthegreat
November 13th, 2009, 07:58 PM
The fridge no way, I need as much room as I need for my frozen TV dinners, ice cream, fresh veggies and strawberries.

I have a very big bedroom, I have several bottles of them in my room on the shelf. The rest line the sides of my bathtub, which are luckily for me flat so I can rest my bottles of conditioner and shower gel on them. I also have a little shelf connected to the back of the bathtub, which can hold up to about 10 full bottles.

gmdiaz
November 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Well, I HAD to have the 40 bottles of various shampoos and conditioners that are in my hair care pantry. I know that 40 bottles is the exact number, ahem, because my husband made me stand there while he counted them. . .outloud. LOL

It's ridiculous, I agree BUT:

I've found out which ones work for me and which ones don't. So I'll be saving money in the future. *snark*

To survive an apocolyse I've discovered that I only need these conditioners, plus honey & Aloe Vera Gel:

One conditioner to moisturize and one conditioner for light protein: Waterlilly & Aloe and Suave Tropical Coconut.

And one jar of the Lustrasilk Cholesterol Olive Oil.

So, I am all set. . .come on 2012.

pdy2kn6
November 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Haha, glad to hear you have stocked up!! You never know what will happen. You CO everynight? That must be alot of drying time? How long does it take to dry them stunning locks?

YoginiCelestial
November 14th, 2009, 02:09 PM
um, how many bottles is too many? lol
Is there such a thing?
running to count now....:p

Marions
November 14th, 2009, 05:29 PM
When I only had 10 bottles other members of the Czech long hair forum thought I'm crazy (I would never tell anyone outside a hair forum). I don't know how much I have now but it could very well be 13 so I should definitely buy more :p (I'm not superstitious, just in case). Unfortunately, it's not easy to find a cheap cone-free conditioner, there are only 3 brands I can get here and the cheapest one is full of protein. I already had 6 bottles when I found out my hair doesn't love it (I'll use it anyway, my hair doesn't mind protein terribly, I just can't use it too often).
I won't feel bad until I have 20 bottles, 30 if I find a new, cheaper cone-free conditioner (like 1 dollar :cloud9:).

chickpea
November 15th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I have at least a dozen bottles of conditioner, only 2 are unopened. I like to rotate conditioners, so I do use them up eventually. Sometimes it just takes awhile!

ericthegreat
November 15th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah chickpea I know, I have literally now around year and a half's supply of conditioner stocked up!

ericthegreat
November 16th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I might as well post a picture for all you guys who want to know exactly which brand of conditioner I'm using!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3325&pictureid=42481

Othala
November 16th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I'm addicted to expensive conditioner and expensive oils.

I used to be a product minimalist but then I discovered Nexxus and Philip Kingsley.

I don't however use my expensive conditioners as rinse out conditioners. I shampoo and rinse, wrap my hair in a micro-fibre towel to soak up most of the moisture and then apply conditioner on damp hair as a leave-in. I could not bear to rinse out expensive conditioner and watching my money literally wash down the drain, LOL.

pradabacon
November 16th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I also have a huge collection of conditioner. My BF can't understand why I keep buying it, but if I like the smell or have heard something good about a new product, I just can't resist! :D

Snowblood
November 17th, 2009, 05:43 AM
I alternate between different conditioners in my routine and I love it! The scent, softness.. never thought of quitting or damping down my consumption. :D
I use more than a handfull of conditioner every wash, definitvely a lot more than shampoo.