PDA

View Full Version : Wavies/Curlys~Bed head is back with style

Curlsgirl
October 26th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Look at this first picture from the latest in fashion! :D We can do it with NO effort and have been for quite a while! HA!

http://blog.sephora.com/search/label/Fall%202009%20Fashion%20Shows

Naters
October 26th, 2009, 12:45 PM
oh this makes me appreciate my curls! lol:)

Vrushali
October 26th, 2009, 12:47 PM
hahahahahaha!!

halo_tightens
October 26th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I got a kick out of reading the description... They first crimped the hair, then carefully curled it in different directions with a curling iron, so-- TWO forms of heat torture to try for an "unstyled" look?? That just makes me laugh! :D

TiaKitty
October 26th, 2009, 12:54 PM
LOL! I'm in style and didn't even know it? And, bedhead is completely the right name for it... I go to bed wet with a towel on my pillow and wake up like that photie! :)

ericthegreat
October 26th, 2009, 12:57 PM
What I laughed at in that article is how in order to get the perfect "I woke out of bed" style, he still had to twist the model's hair into a figure 8 pattern and then wrap it around a curling iron, but he did them all in different directions to make them "look natural". :rolleyes:

It probably took him more than two hours to achieve the same style on that model's hair using damaging hot tools than we LHCers would do by simply scrunching our hair and letting nature do its thing!:rollin:

Unofficial_Rose
October 26th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Bedhead - three cheers for the only "style" I can do! :laugh:

Heidi_234
October 26th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Argh, am I the only one who finds all the models' pictures down the page rather freaky? I can't believe people are falling for that. Not so long ago I read about no-poo being all the rage, and "how to achieve the shampoo less look" with all kind of quirky methods. I can't believe there's actually a demand for this crap!

Armelle
October 26th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I scrolled down to the other bed-head style. :D

Yeah, I can do "messy." I guess I'll be in style for once... :wink:

Rivanariko
October 26th, 2009, 02:37 PM
The amount of effort that people put into looking "natural" or "careless" always amuses me. If you want your hair to look messy wouldn't it be easier to just, you know, not style it? Just a thought.

MAO
October 26th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Am I the only one here who thinks her hair isn't that messy looking at all? I have her beat by a mile with my shorter wurly hair :D

Heidi_234
October 26th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Am I the only one here who thinks her hair isn't that messy looking at all? I have her beat by a mile with my shorter wurly hair :D
LOL, nope, not the only one. They didn't try hard enough to make it look careless IMO. :p

Armelle
October 26th, 2009, 03:01 PM

Haha! Scroll down a bit to the other bed-head...it qualifies as messy. The first one looked too neat!

Shar2
October 26th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I love how the person called them "I didn't even try curls" after all that work.

Stubborn
October 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM
lol!

I woke up with bed head this morning and thought it looked good, so I left it be :D.

vdhendrix
October 26th, 2009, 04:16 PM
omg, i want curls so bad

jasper
October 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
That's hilarious- using a curling iron to make fake bed-head!

PhillyGirl1978@
October 27th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Here's a thought....why not use actual curly haired models...then you could achieve that look with now work. Unless I try to perfect the curls like while it's wet taking conditioner and twirling most of them around my finger till they're perfect...then my hair will just turn out kinda messy.

GlassEyes
October 27th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Psh. They call that bedhead.

girlcat36
October 27th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Nice!!
It's been about 20 years; it's time for us curly-wurlies to be back in style!

lora410
October 27th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I love the pins holding the bun. I wonder where they got them from? Anyone noticed you need $100 or over worth of products to get the styles? I had to laugh because I can do the styles for FREE.

Rivanariko
October 27th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I particularly liked the comment on the messy ponytail style. This is NOT just a messy pony tail! We had to use XYZ products to create the textured look!

My hair has no natural volume. If I were to put it in a low ponytail and go take a nap, that's what it would look like when I got up. No product necessary.

JamieLeigh
October 27th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Ha....I've only just started to embrace my "didn't even try" curls this past year. I quite honestly didn't even know they were there. I had no idea I was so in style. ;)

spidermom
October 27th, 2009, 10:21 AM
The amount of effort that people put into looking "natural" or "careless" always amuses me. If you want your hair to look messy wouldn't it be easier to just, you know, not style it? Just a thought.

Haha; exactly!

Curlsgirl
October 27th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Ha ha! I thought you all would like it! My thoughts were exactly what you all have talked about!

Wanderer09
October 27th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Ahahahahahahaha!! This reminds me of that Herbal Essences video on Youtube, where the girl used 4 or 5 different products to achieve a "natural, tousled look". :p

That first pic looks like messy braid waves to me...

sherigayle
October 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM
It's always amusing how hard people will work for a "natural" look. I had someone ask me once how I did my natural make up. I wasn't wearing any. It was just a good skin day.