PDA

View Full Version : 2 inches of growth in a month?

Naamah
October 26th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Is that possible? I just measured my hair, and it's 35". 2 inches more than it was about a month ago. I did start taking 5000mcg of Biotin daily around that time.

I'm not sure if I actually got 2 inches of growth from it, or if I measured wrong a month ago. Anyone ever had growth this fast before?

wahmof9
October 26th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I wish! :)

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 12:36 PM
i heard it takes likes 2 months for biotin to kick in. But...good for you, it must be working. 2 inches in a month would be freaking awesome!

MissMay
October 26th, 2009, 12:47 PM
2 inches?! I though the max was around 1/2 an inch . . . Well, if it looks 2 inches longer, then it must be, but that seems slightly over the top. Do you have any "body landmarks" you measured against, e.g. shoulder, bra strap, small of your back?

If that's true, WOW!

Shar2
October 26th, 2009, 12:59 PM
That sounds amazing! It's never happened to me before but I wouldn't it's impossible, just unlikely. Maybe you did measure wrong? But if not, yay!

ChloeDharma
October 26th, 2009, 01:05 PM
2 inches in a month is not impossible, if my memory serves me right the woman with the longest hair in the world had a growth rate along those lines. Lots of members here mention getting 1 inch a month, and my sisters hair grows that fast usually.
For me, 2 inches a month would be an absolute dream!

little_acorn
October 26th, 2009, 01:29 PM
*sigh* I wish - good for you though :flower:

curlytiff27
October 26th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I think its totally possile especially if you were a quick grower in the first place! Congratulations! And I'd like to clone some of your genes please! LOL

Heidi_234
October 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM
It's not impossible, but it could be a measuring error. The position of your head as well as how straight you manage to place the tape behind your back can add or take an inch easily. Hopefully you'll have a pleasant surprise like that next month too. :)

ladycatpurrs
October 26th, 2009, 03:26 PM
And when you grow (pun intended) weary of that much growth, you can just send some of that wonderfullness my slow slow growing way....

Sissy
October 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM
yay for you! I think it's possible but don't get down if that kind of growth rate doesn't continue. I have been getting 1 inch per month using my supplements, which includes taking 600mcg of biotin. Your hair looks fantastic... keep on growin!

ChrissieM
October 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM
It might be a measuring error. Take measurements for the next couple of months, too, and do an average. But, 2 inches a month can happen!

abritta3
October 26th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Wow! I say who cares?! 2inches is fabulous! I just took 500mcg of biotin because I was so inspired! :D

Madame J
October 26th, 2009, 04:07 PM
2 inches?! I though the max was around 1/2 an inch . . . Well, if it looks 2 inches longer, then it must be, but that seems slightly over the top. Do you have any "body landmarks" you measured against, e.g. shoulder, bra strap, small of your back?

If that's true, WOW!

1/2" per month is average, not max.

I agree with PP who say you might just have had a surge and that this rate might not continue, so don't be disappointed if you stall in the future. But until then, WOW! Great month!

vdhendrix
October 26th, 2009, 04:07 PM
wow 2 inches a month = 2 feet a year :bigeyes:

vdhendrix
October 26th, 2009, 04:11 PM
yes most people grow 1/2" a month, but it can be anywere from 1/4" to 1", but 2 inches is amazing

berr
October 26th, 2009, 04:33 PM
My hair did that after I first started deep conditioning with coconut oil. I had stalled for ages. I don't know if it was the moisture that made my hair stretch or what? But I'll never be without coconut oil again.

jojo
October 26th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I will swap you your 2" of growth in a month, for my lousy 2" of growth Ive had in 10 months, go on I will throw a packet of choccy biscuits in as well......tempted???

I am so jelouse of your growth.

Flynn
October 26th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I get about that much in the summer. Slows down a lot in the winter, but it's definitely possible. Particularly at our age.

Bellona
October 26th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I get about 1" a month generally, and with biotin + MSM about 1.5" so I think it's possible :)

clairenewcastle
October 27th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Despite the average rate of hair growth being 1/2 inch per month some people do seem to go through spurts of growth.
If this is happening to you at the moment - long may it last!

ritza
October 27th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Congrats,2inches a month...:eyebrows:
(Keep Growing)

Happy Hair Growing!:D

LovelyGoddess
October 28th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Yay! You are my inspiration! I just starting taking biotin, so I hope this will happen for me. :)

omgkfclolz
October 28th, 2009, 01:29 AM
What is MSM? Apparently that will help too. and i don't wanna get it online, where can i get it in stores?