PDA

View Full Version : Redhead types and what to wear

Missa
April 21st, 2008, 04:13 PM
This was an interesting and useful article about very specific types of redhead colouring. It discusses what clothing and makeup colours are well suited to each specific type of Redhead. There are five types: Muted, Gossamer, High Contrast, English Rose, and Peaches & Cream.

It was suprising to myself and the various other redheads in my family how correctly they classified the types. My mother is an English Rose type and my sister is a High Contrast type and I am a Muted type. My sister who has very dark black eyes, lots of dark freckles transparent blue-white skin and dark red hair never thought she would find specific advice geared to her colouring.

Here is the article:

http://aromaleighaficionadas.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/912001046/m/4001033211

Enjoy!!!!

Love Missa.

Riot Crrl
April 21st, 2008, 04:20 PM
Cool. According to this I am doing it right. I am High Contrast, lol.

If someone tried to tell me I couldn't wear black I don't know what I would do, hahaha.

snowbird
April 21st, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hm, thanks for that. I am certainly the 'muted' redhead. Although, lately I have been throwing caution to the wind as to what colours look good on me...

Michiru
April 21st, 2008, 05:40 PM
It seems like I'm an English rose. But I want to be high contrast. Maybe with more henna . . .

Great article, thanks. Every time I look up skin types and red heads it always seems that you need a warm skin tone.

Riot Crrl
April 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM
But I want to be high contrast. Maybe with more henna . . .

Yup! Add more henna! :D

Loviatar
April 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Hair and skin wise, I'm high contrast, but the 'you should wear' part doesnt fit. Mind you the 'you should wear' parts of all of them don't fit. I look best in dark greens and browns, dark grey, blood red, midnight blue and indigo-purple. Not to mention black.

Hot pink also works for some reason as an accent colour, as does burnished orange.

MemSahib
April 21st, 2008, 05:51 PM
I have two red-haired granddaughters. This was very interesting. Thanks so much!

sweetlidlred
April 21st, 2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the link to this, it was great!

Anje
April 21st, 2008, 06:36 PM
Interesting. I'm somewhere between the "muted" and "high contrast" categories. Too muted colors just look tired and washed out on me, but I like strong olive, pumpkin, or dark chocolate clothes.

coppercurls
April 21st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hair and skin wise, I'm high contrast, but the 'you should wear' part doesnt fit. Mind you the 'you should wear' parts of all of them don't fit. I look best in dark greens and browns, dark grey, blood red, midnight blue and indigo-purple. Not to mention black.

Hot pink also works for some reason as an accent colour, as does burnished orange.

Me too Loviatar, but that being said, I can pull off royal blue, all shades of green, & hot pink. I am limited with orange shades though. Rusty shades in small doses only, thank you.

Overall though, I think most of the info is fairly good though. Thanks for posting Missa.:D

lady_hero
April 21st, 2008, 06:52 PM
Hmmm... A very interesting article, Missa.

I'm a natural auburn, even though I had really dark, almost black hair as a child. I can't decide between Gossamer and Peaches and Cream. I look best in darker colors ( chocolate brown, black, dark teal, apple red ) I hate the way I look in pastels. Talk about looking pale all over! Ick!

maskedrose
April 21st, 2008, 07:06 PM
I'm not a true redhead, of course, just blonde with some strawberry/auburn undertones. However, the skin tone thing was spot on - I'm pretty sure I'm a gossamer, which makes me think that if I do a light henna glaze it might look really good!

Missa
April 22nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
It's great to see people are finding this info useful and interesting. Yippeeee. I think redheads are often overlooked in mainstream media for cosmetics. When will there be a redhead covergirl spokesmodel?

squiggyflop
April 22nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
i cant quite figure out where i stand...i cant quite figure out how to tell what skin tone i am... i dont really see colors in skin just levels of paleness.. how is everyone but me able to see these things? im also not sure whether i should use my natural auburn in the types or use my henna red... i also can never figure out what shape my face is.. it so frustrating!

ldygwnvr
April 22nd, 2008, 08:37 PM
Thank you for this link!! I guess my pinkish face makes me an English rose type. :) Sound much better than just calling myself "ruddy".

lookingglass
April 23rd, 2008, 06:57 AM
Hey! Thanks for the link! I'm a high contrast. I think I know what looks good on me now, but occasionally get lured into the trap of going with traditional color guides at the make up counter. Gag. I couldn't wear a pink lipstick if my life depended on it!:rolleyes: