PDA

View Full Version : I wanna pull this hair style off

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Okay so recently i found somebody that looked similar to me, i've never grown my hair out and am afraid to for that stupid phase that i'll go into, looking like **** for over a year. haha
anyways... i'm wondering what's the best way to grow my hair out, also waht about the bangs, i'm afraid that a year from now i'll have a nice set of hair in the back, but in the front rather than have long bangs, i'll just have long strings of non uniformed hair. If that makes sense, how can i get more bangs, or as a male will i have to wait YEARS for more bangs to grow as additional layers in order to get the look that i want?
the guy in the red is who i wanna look like
we both have a lotta length from the top of our head to our eye brows, so short hair doesn't look good on me, my eye brows seem to point up a little more than his do (can i straighten my eye brows), the length from his eye brows to his eyes are almost the same as mine, our nose/cheek structers seem almost identical, he has lips that are slightly flatter than mine, and the comparision of his bottom lip to the end of his chin is about the same as mine, we kind of look alike. so i'm wondering what i can do to look like him? would it look normal for me to color my hair that color brown?
thanks if you can answer all my questions.
http://www.dosomething.org/files/Images/red_jumpsuit_apparatus.jpg

EvaSimone
October 26th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Alright, you're asking a lot of questions in your post so I'll try to answer them.

You're hair is much wavier than the guy in the red's hair. He is probably a 1b and you are more like a 2a/b just by looking at your picture. So unless you straighten your hair every day it's not going to look like his. But that doesn't mean it's going to look bad, it's just not going to look identical. I think you'd look really great with hair between chin length and collar bone.

I have a guy friend with wavy hair like yours and he keeps it that length and it looks great on him.

As for the color, I personally think you will look best leaving your hair it's natural color. Bleaching dark hair usually fries it and it rarely looks nice or natural. Judging by your picture blonde hair would look funny on you in my honest opinion.

I don't understand the obsession with looking identical to the guy in the red, why don't you want to look like yourself??

I think you could definitely get to that length within a year considering an average growth rate is six inches. The best thing I'd recommend for dealing with the bangs is to get a few trims done by a professional hair stylist. Just make sure you are very clear that you don't want to lose a ton of length and make them show you how much they are going to cut before they do it.

Hope that helps.

ETA: My comment about bleached hair isn't saying that all bleached hair doesn't look nice. Their are quite a few LHCers with highlights or bleached hair that have lovely hair. :flower: I am specifically saying that bleaching dark hair like the above poster's hair will most likely damage it quite badly.

Flynn
October 26th, 2009, 01:48 AM
I don't get it. You're much better looking than the guy in the red anyway.

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Alright, you're asking a lot of questions in your post so I'll try to answer them.

You're hair is much wavier than the guy in the red's hair. He is probably a 1b and you are more like a 2a/b just by looking at your picture. So unless you straighten your hair every day it's not going to look like his. But that doesn't mean it's going to look bad, it's just not going to look identical. I think you'd look really great with hair between chin length and collar bone.

I have a guy friend with wavy hair like yours and he keeps it that length and it looks great on him.

As for the color, I personally think you will look best leaving your hair it's natural color. Bleaching dark hair usually fries it and it rarely looks nice or natural. Judging by your picture blonde hair would look funny on you in my honest opinion.

I don't understand the obsession with looking identical to the guy in the red, why don't you want to look like yourself??

I think you could definitely get to that length within a year considering an average growth rate is six inches. The best thing I'd recommend for dealing with the bangs is to get a few trims done by a professional hair stylist. Just make sure you are very clear that you don't want to lose a ton of length and make them show you how much they are going to cut before they do it.

Hope that helps.

ETA: My comment about bleached hair isn't saying that all bleached hair doesn't look nice. Their are quite a few LHCers with highlights or bleached hair that have lovely hair. :flower: I am specifically saying that bleaching dark hair like the above poster's hair will most likely damage it quite badly.

what's a 1b?
and i can find other pictures where he has a different hair color that i can pull off

That is more of a darker color, do you think i could pull that off?
and i honestly hate my hair color, it's getting really old, i'd love to be somebody that could change my hair color anytime that i wanted to. And thanks for answering my questions.

EvaSimone
October 26th, 2009, 02:07 AM
You're welcome. :flower:

That color would probably look a lot better on you than the light brownish/blonde. It actually looks only a shade or two lighter than your regular hair color so it would be much less damaging to get that color.

If you hate your color then perhaps it's a good thing for you to try a change. I used to feel that way and then I experimented for a while and realized that my natural color looked better on me than any box color ever did. I am glad I had fun for awhile though.

We use the Fia Hair typing system here on LHC. Here's a link that explains it: http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html

Most of us have info in our profiles that say what kind of hair type we have.

vdhendrix
October 26th, 2009, 02:13 AM
i think you should stick with your natural color, it looks better with your skin tone and eye color i think, and dye will damage your hair, the damage could make it break off at the ends and grow slower, i also noticed that once i stoped dyeing my hair (black) it just seems like it grows twice as fast