PDA

View Full Version : Measuring in terms of hair

LittleOrca
October 26th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I noticed something I am beginning to do tonight as I was watching Man v Food on the Travel Channel. He was talking about a piece of pizza earlier that reached from his shoulder to almost his waist. Most people would think "WOW! That is a big piece!" What did I think? "Pfft, my hair is longer than that." It didn't just happen once though. On the following episode he started to eat a Philly cheese steak sandwich that was set on a roll that was 20 inches long. My reaction? "My hair is longer than that, no big deal."

Is that silly or what! :silly: Too many things are starting to get measured in comparison to my hair's length. It's not just these two examples, but it has been going on a lot lately with things around me. Am I now a true LHCer or just someone who should go to bed and take a break from her midterm paper? :lol:

ericthegreat
October 26th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I know exactly what you mean. When I look at a yardstick, I think wow 3 whole ft is a long measurement. But then I realize, my own head of hair is even longer than that, in fact I'm even closer to 4ft now!!! I also love how the length of my hair fall past the length of my T-shirts!

vdhendrix
October 26th, 2009, 02:02 AM
yes, i do this when im at sallys lokoing at the hair extensions, im like "my hair is longer than all of these" lol does that sound conceited?

LittleOrca
October 26th, 2009, 02:05 AM
yes, i do this when im at sallys lokoing at the hair extensions, im like "my hair is longer than all of these" lol does that sound conceited?

Not at all! I think the same thing, especially with the wigs for Halloween being only 24 inches and labeled "Extra Long Wig."

Quixii
October 26th, 2009, 03:00 AM
I was thinking about making exactly this thread! Especially now that my hair is three feet long from end of my part to tips of the ends, (which looks so long on a yard stick and so short on my head), I'm constantly comparing measurements to the length of my hair. I was looking at a dress on a website that said it was 33.5 inches from top to hem, and I couldn't help but think, "Oh yuck, my hair is longer than that tiny dress!" xD

vdhendrix
October 26th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Not at all! I think the same thing, especially with the wigs for Halloween being only 24 inches and labeled "Extra Long Wig."

lol i know

JamieLeigh
October 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I totally had a moment like that when I was shopping for accessories for my DD8's vampiress Halloween costume. All the "extra-long" wigs were 36" long......I was thinking, "Boo-yah! My hair is almost a foot longer than that!" :D It's a good feeling, lol.

Also I went to the Renaissance Faire this past weekend and noticed that while there were a lot of long-hairs in attendance, I didn't see anyone with anything past hip-length. No butt+ like me. It was kind of disappointing, because I can usually count on the Ren Faire for good long-hair sighting, but kinda cool that they might all have been looking at me and thinking "Wow!" :p