PDA

View Full Version : what color is this guy's hair?

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 12:21 AM
In case you've never heard of him before he's from a band called red jumpsuit apparatus. It's the guy in the middle, obviously the lead singer, if i were walk up to my hairdresser and want my hair to be colored like his (the lead singers) what would color would i say i wanted? it's hard to explain, i could just bring in the picture, but what would i tell other people the color is? Click for picture (http://o.aolcdn.com/feedgallery/music/i/t/the_red_jumpsuit_apparatus/11-red-jumpsuit-apparatus-160807.jpg)

Gumball
October 26th, 2009, 12:25 AM
It looks like a dark blonde or really light, light brown. That's a seriously way big picture. Could you resize it?

marzipanfuntime
October 26th, 2009, 12:28 AM
I would call it a caramel blond. What is your original color? This is a pretty subtle natural shade to try and re-create with dye.

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 12:33 AM
It looks like a dark blonde or really light, light brown. That's a seriously way big picture. Could you resize it?it wasn't supposed to come out that big, in the original link it wasn't that big, and then i posted it on here and it's way bigger, i'm sorry, i don't want it to be that big either. i'm not sure what to do

vdhendrix
October 26th, 2009, 12:34 AM
a dark dirty blond, or very light brown, maybe you could print the picture and take it to the hair stylist?

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 12:35 AM
I would call it a caramel blond. What is your original color? This is a pretty subtle natural shade to try and re-create with dye.
my original color is in the next topic i just made, even i am unsure of the color, my friend tried to tell me it was brown, and then another said it was black, i don't like it because it gets annoying after a while, does that mean that "that" color, of the lead singer, is impossible to get with dye? or is possible? or you can just answer this in the next topic dude, either one is fine. i have more question in the next topic anyways. thanks :]

Gumball
October 26th, 2009, 12:39 AM
it wasn't supposed to come out that big, in the original link it wasn't that big, and then i posted it on here and it's way bigger, i'm sorry, i don't want it to be that big either. i'm not sure what to do

It probably is originally that big, but the way it was posted was coded to make it look smaller. Then when you post it elsewhere (if you don't host it yourself they prefer you just make a link to it here) the original size kicks into gear.

prittykitty
October 26th, 2009, 12:41 AM
It looks almost like a dark blond or ash blond. Take the picture with you when you go to have your hair done so the hairdresser can get a very good idea of the color you want.

heatherdazy
October 26th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Looks like a base level 7 with heavy highlighting done to a level 9.

FallenAngel
October 26th, 2009, 02:59 AM
I had that colour before I started dying... I always called it cendré, or brown. :-D

Sorry, no help I guess.

RavennaNight
October 26th, 2009, 06:03 AM
OMG the size of that image is going to crash my phone!

Deb!
October 26th, 2009, 07:29 AM
It appears dark blonde with gold overtones. It's very pretty!

He looks like one of the Hanson brothers!

florenonite
October 26th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I would call it a warm/golden (not cool/ashy) dark blonde or light brown.

Pachamama
October 26th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I would say "honey blond"

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 09:14 AM
how does he get his hair to not split at all, like on both side his hair doesn't split. does he use some type of shampoo?

eresh
October 26th, 2009, 09:25 AM
OMG the size of that image is going to crash my phone!

OMG you're on LHC on your phone!!
And I thought I was addicted :D:D

I would bring the picture to your hairdresser.
Everyone has a different way of describing a colour, but if you show the hairdresser the picture she/he can see what you mean.
A little less risk of getting disappointed this way I think.

SimplyViki
October 26th, 2009, 09:27 AM
how does he get his hair to not split at all, like on both side his hair doesn't split. does he use some type of shampoo?
I have no idea what haircare regime this guy might use, but if your hair is a different type than his, chances are your hair will respond differently. Why not try figuring out your hair and what your hair likes and doesn't like?

As to splitting - do you mean the ends? You can't really tell from a picture whether someone has split ends or not, unless they're really, really bad.

Or do you mean the way it all hangs down together, without separating into sections or clumps? (I think I saw a picture of your hair, it's wavy, no?) His hair is straight. Or straightened. When straight hair is clean and detangled, that's pretty much what it does.

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I have no idea what haircare regime this guy might use, but if your hair is a different type than his, chances are your hair will respond differently. Why not try figuring out your hair and what your hair likes and doesn't like?

Or do you mean the way it all hangs down together, without separating into sections or clumps? (I think I saw a picture of your hair, it's wavy, no?) His hair is straight. Or straightened. When straight hair is clean and detangled, that's pretty much what it does.
I mean how it hangs down, uniformed together. exactly. and that picture is really bad because i combed it to flip. I should post a picture of me with longer hair than that but right now my bangs barely touch my eye brows and the hair at the back is just past my ears so i'm not sure what it will do if i let it grow even longer. Is there a type of shampoo that i can use to make it do what that guys hair does?

SimplyViki
October 26th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I mean how it hangs down, uniformed together. exactly. and that picture is really bad because i combed it to flip. I should post a picture of me with longer hair than that but right now my bangs barely touch my eye brows and the hair at the back is just past my ears so i'm not sure what it will do if i let it grow even longer. Is there a type of shampoo that i can use to make it do what that guys hair does?
Well, shampoo doesn't really make hair do different things. Shampoo just cleans hair. Mostly, all the other stuff on the label is just marketing.

If your hair has waves in it, it's not likely to hang down all together uniformly like that on its own. You'd have to straighten it for that effect. To straighten it, you can use a flatiron (ALERT: major damage, your hair will not be healthy!) or you could try hair-wrapping at your length (I've not tried it myself, and I don't know where the directions are at, but you could do a search on the boards and find it pretty easily).

I still majorly suggest trying to work within your own hairtype. Figure out what your hair is like, read about hairtyping on the articles, read about haircare, try some different haircare ideas, and go from there. No sense trying to transform yourself into someone else, just be yourself and be the best you can be at being yourself.

ETA: Oh, and if you post a pic of yourself, please make sure it's a smaller size than the one of that band! ;)

melikai
October 26th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Are some people giving the colour for the guy on the left, instead of the guy on the mic? Because I wouldn't call the guy on the microphone a blonde at all - more a mid-level brown with very fine warm caramel highlights. :shrug:

The Drood
October 26th, 2009, 11:18 AM
The guy on the left, dark blonde. The guy on the right, mid brown. Don't know any really specific names for those colors :(

To re-size the picture, try putting width = "300px" "height ="400px" inside the image bracket.

Something like [img width = "300px" height ="400px"]

Edit: Just noticed you have 24 posts. Just one off editing ... Quick, post something random so you can edit!

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 11:25 AM
(this is my random post)
I wish i were able to pull off that guys hair :[

wait hold on, how do i edit it. i see no "edit" tab below where i made the topic/thread.

linda g
October 26th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Once you have enough posts, you will be able to edit your own posts.

The button will be on the lower right of your post.

SimplyViki
October 26th, 2009, 11:55 AM
You probably need to be approved by a mod/admin still. LOL the pic's stuck that way until that happens!

GoddesJourney
October 26th, 2009, 01:19 PM
It's right on that line between dark blond and light brown in a warm shade. A picture's worth a thousand words. Bring the picture to your hairdresser. Once your hair is that color, no one will have to ask what color it is.

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 02:16 PM
i'm afraid my hair will grow out to be really piecy like kurt cobain, in this pic (http://www.virginmedia.com/microsites/music/slideshow/best_cover_versions/img_2.jpg).

But i want it to look like it has more going on. I'm not sure how to put it, but i don't want it to look like the picture above. I want it to look like this (http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/27156375.jpg)

My hair has yet to even go past my eye brows, can i tell which way it'll be or are both hair styles above the same, just one has more oils in it?

melikai
October 26th, 2009, 02:25 PM
kurt's is more of a "benign neglect" look. ;)

Armelle
October 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I would say that avoiding oily hair is the way you want to go. You may want to look on the boards for shampoo/conditioner/washing technique suggestions. I'm not sure what type of hair you have now (and am not quite psychic enough to know what it will look like once it gets longer :D), but I would say that you are desiring hair that is straight and thin. You can change the color to be what you want, if I understand correctly, going lighter than your natural color will take some bleaching (which can be damaging to your hair.) If your hair is not naturally straight and thin, you may want to readjust your hopes/expectations. :)

Tess2319
October 26th, 2009, 02:34 PM
My hair was close to that color in high school - before I started playing with the color and looong before it started to go grey...

I once asked my uncle if I was a blonde or a brunette. His answer: "Mousy Brown like the rest of us". So there ya go, it's Mousy Brown. :D

Flaxen
October 26th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Just popping in with the reminder not to post pictures by copy/pasting the URL where a picture appears. Please post a link instead.

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Just popping in with the reminder not to post pictures by copy/pasting the URL where a picture appears. Please post a link instead.
then what's the purpose of the "insert image" button on this forum then, i don't fully understand what your saying, i can't display an image (even though that option is available, i can only give a link it?)
I can start doing that now.
anyways. that pic that i gave you guys was if i combed my hair repeatedly. here is picture of me without combing it, i look like **** in this pic, but oh well.
http://i33.tinypic.com/9k6ws7.jpg

Now can i pull this guys hair style off?
And you see the problem with my hair is it looks like if it grows out it'll just be long hairs, like i won't have long hair like the guy i wanna look like, i'll just have 100 or so hairs hanging down in front of my chin and that'll look stupid.

Deb!
October 26th, 2009, 07:15 PM
And you see the problem with my hair is it looks like if it grows out it'll just be long hairs, like i won't have long hair like the guy i wanna look like, i'll just have 100 or so hairs hanging down in front of my chin and that'll look stupid.

Your hair will have to be at least shoulder length to achieve his look.

A professional can dye your hair to match his color, as well as cut the sides at an angle, as his is.

It's just a matter of time!

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Your hair will have to be at least shoulder length to achieve his look.

A professional can dye your hair to match his color, as well as cut the sides at an angle, as his is.

It's just a matter of time!
you sure that i won't have a problem with my bangs?
I want to have awesome bangs like what he has.

ademtce
October 26th, 2009, 10:02 PM
the color is a level 8G with ends closer to 9N. maybe even a little 7G at the roots.

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 10:03 PM
the color is a level 8G with ends closer to 9N. maybe even a little 7G at the roots. can you guys show me chart of what yall mean or something, i'm confused.

ademtce
October 26th, 2009, 10:06 PM
when you talk to your stylist it will be much easier to them you want a level X color because that is the system we/they use to gage colors. and actually it looks more like level 7G length with 8G ends
and possibly some Level 6 roots.

here's a quick overview; Levels System (http://i35.tinypic.com/241uzpu.png)
G = Gold, N = Natural/Neutral

omgkfclolz
October 26th, 2009, 10:12 PM
the color is a level 8G with ends closer to 9N. maybe even a little 7G at the roots.

when you talk to your stylist it will be much easier to them you want a level X color because that is the system we/they use to gage colors. and actually it looks more like level 7G length with 8G ends
and possibly some Level 6 roots.

here's a quick overview; Levels System (http://i35.tinypic.com/241uzpu.png)
G = Gold, N = Natural/Neutral
well then, judging by that. what color is my hair because i honestly don't know

and i totally see my hair turning out like this, which i do not want to happen

http://www.vh1.com/sitewide/flipbooks/img/movies/news_features/celebrity_tattoos/dave-grohl.jpg

Blueglass
October 26th, 2009, 11:07 PM
If your taking about the band member in the middle its looks medium brown with some slight red.

Flynn
October 27th, 2009, 12:16 AM
then what's the purpose of the "insert image" button on this forum then, i don't fully understand what your saying, i can't display an image (even though that option is available, i can only give a link it?)
anyways. that pic that i gave you guys was if i combed my hair repeatedly. here is picture of me without combing it, i look like **** in this pic, but oh well.

I think what Flaxen is saying is that you're violating copyright by posting up other people's pictures that way.

09robiha
October 27th, 2009, 02:39 AM
hi, i would say that it is caramel blonde, too and just wanted to say that is a great band too!

ademtce
October 27th, 2009, 01:19 PM
well then, judging by that. what color is my hair because i honestly don't know

and i totally see my hair turning out like this, which i do not want to happen

http://www.vh1.com/sitewide/flipbooks/img/movies/news_features/celebrity_tattoos/dave-grohl.jpg

i can't see your hair all to well but it looks like a level 2/3
is your hair curly? everyone's hair curls differently. so it mite not end up like the second picture.

myrrhmaiden
October 27th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I'd call that a dark golden blonde or very light golden brown.

omgkfclolz
October 27th, 2009, 09:53 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/2wqsozc.jpg

alright so i took this pic of me tonight. it's not too bad, kinda blurry.
and i wanna pull of this guys hairstyle.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/aeune028/Red-Jumpsuit-vr05.jpg
if you look from left to right he's the 2nd guy with the gray shirt on, and has brown hair. do you think i can pull that hairstyle off and the way his hair looks? It looks like it'll take me a while to get it that long.

----
and i argue with people. but i think me and him look almost identical. We have the same length of hair from the top of where our hair starts to where our eyebrow meets. Almost the same length from where our eyebrow and eyles meet. Almost the same nose, although mines a bit thinner, almost the same lips, although his is a bit longer, and the almost same length from our bottom lip to our chin. I think i'll end up looking almost like him, which is a good thing for me because i find him fairly good looking.

ademtce
October 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
you do look fairly similar, except his face is a little longer than yours.

i'm sticking with your hair being a level 2/3 - his hair looks darker in that picture. level 5 roots and level 6 ends.

Flaxen
October 28th, 2009, 03:58 PM
When you use the properties of a picture from its home site with the tags, you steal their bandwidth every time the picture appears at the remote site (here). It's illegal. In addition, to re-post a picture you have not taken violates the copyrights the photographer owns on the picture. It's also illegal.

The "insert image" button is for pictures you have taken [i]yourself (or have written permission from the photographer to re-post) and which are hosted in space your internet provider gives you or at one of the free hosting sites like Photobucket, or from an album here. For any other picture you want folks to see, please post just the link. Thanks. :flower:

lora410
October 28th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Light brown with blonde highlights. My daughter has this color naturally :)

BritishBraider
October 28th, 2009, 04:23 PM
blondie-caramel... use a metaphor.. 'i wish to be like a lion's mane' :)