PDA

View Full Version : The folded braid (vid)

Hypnotica
October 25th, 2009, 08:05 AM
(Yep, an article will also be created when time is not so limited).

Just giving you guys a heads-up that I have created another updo video. I can't image that I'm actually the sole inventor of this one, but I like it so much that I want to spread the word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l47CpIiCB80

Now, I'm off continuing with some chores that I have neglected.

Enjoy!

Lemur_Catta
October 25th, 2009, 08:11 AM
It seems very comfortable and easy to do! But the main thing I wanted to say is that I LOVE the clip you use on that video :D It is very pretty, and the color goes very well with your hair.

Amara
October 25th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Oh! I'll have to watch your video when I get home from work to see how you fasten it. I'm wearing a folded braid today but I never manage to fasten it the same way twice. :D

eadwine
October 25th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I do that very thing on a daily basis. I must say my version is much easier as you fiddle so much with it *giggle* Just fold it and clip ;)

Hypnotica
October 25th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I do that very thing on a daily basis. I must say my version is much easier as you fiddle so much with it *giggle* Just fold it and clip ;)

Fiddle? Don't think so.

Kris Dove
October 25th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Gorgeous! I wish my hair was as long and thick as yours to be able to do that! Love your hairtoy too.

Merlin
October 25th, 2009, 03:35 PM
It was 1976, in biology, I was 15 or 16.
One of the girls in my group (who I fancied rotten) came in with her hair done just like that and held with a leather barrette .... and she looked stunning. I clearly remembering asking her if she's like to look at whatever it was we were doing though our microscope. I never got up the nerve to ask her out. She bobbed her hair (and still looked fantastic).
Strange how some things stick in your mind!

LisaB234
October 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Very pretty. If only my hair were as long as yours. . . Waiting patiently. . . In the mean time, what group is playing in the background? LOVED the music! Thanks for sharing! Maybe I can do a 1/2 fold when my hair gets a bit longer!

Hypnotica
October 25th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Very pretty. If only my hair were as long as yours. . . Waiting patiently. . . In the mean time, what group is playing in the background? LOVED the music! Thanks for sharing! Maybe I can do a 1/2 fold when my hair gets a bit longer!

The group's name is Urban Symphony and the song is the Estonian contribution to the European Song Contest 2009.

GlassEyes
October 25th, 2009, 03:47 PM
The group's name is Urban Symphony and the song is the Estonian contribution to the European Song Contest 2009.
Was just going to ask this. XD Estonian sounds really pretty--the only other example I have to go off of is Kerli, and only a small clip in a song that isn't this pretty. xD;

Also, awesome clip. Is that an edited ficcare, or a fakkare?

Hypnotica
October 25th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Was just going to ask this. XD Estonian sounds really pretty--the only other example I have to go off of is Kerli, and only a small clip in a song that isn't this pretty. xD;

Also, awesome clip. Is that an edited ficcare, or a fakkare?

It's is ordinary fakkare with a surprisingly strong grip.

Amara
October 25th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Oh - I was biased by wearing a folded under french braid today, so I assumed that's what the video was about.
Nice surprise! You made that simple 'do look very elegant! :D

dragonfrog
October 25th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Thank you, Hypnotica! I just watched your video and I will have to try this later. I really appreciate you posting hairstyle videos, they are so helpful for me.

windinherhair
October 25th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the video, I will try it! It seemed simple to put up and it looked secure.

Hypnotica
October 25th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Thank you, Hypnotica! I just watched your video and I will have to try this later. I really appreciate you posting hairstyle videos, they are so helpful for me.

You are welcomed! ;)

yellowchariot
October 25th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Hey Hypnotica,

I've watched your vid as well! awesome job! Your other videos are cool also! Your great at updos! :thumbsup:

Fethenwen
October 26th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Nice one, looks easy. But I guess it only looks impressive on longer hair.
I must also say that your hair looks so thick in that video!

Hypnotica
October 26th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Nice one, looks easy. But I guess it only looks impressive on longer hair.
I must also say that your hair looks so thick in that video!

Somtimes it's good to be a pinhead! :D

enfys
October 26th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I was going to wear my hair like this today but my Ficarre was upstairs and I was running late so it ended up being a regular braid!

I like the way you spread and flattened it (or "fiddled" with it); I don't need to worry about out growing this style any time soon. Thanks for putting up in video form.

Wicked Princess
October 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Oh my goodness...thank you so much for posting this! I'm normally inept at updos, and I hadn't seen this style until now. This is another thing I can add to my tiny arsenal of work updos. *runs off to watch the rest of Hypnotica's videos* :)

Hypnotica
October 26th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I was going to wear my hair like this today but my Ficarre was upstairs and I was running late so it ended up being a regular braid!

I like the way you spread and flattened it (or "fiddled" with it); I don't need to worry about out growing this style any time soon. Thanks for putting up in video form.

You can probably keep adding loops long the way. In that regard, this is a great updo. But it would be nice if some of the super longhairs would "test run" this updo for me :)

Yellowmoon
October 26th, 2009, 04:25 PM
During my school time in the late 70's, a girl in my school used to wear this hair style. She had extremely long hair and used a quite large leather barrette to secure her long folded braid. It looked stunning. I always admired her way of styling.

ravenreed
October 26th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I just today received two lovely leather slides from the swap board and I may have to try this.

It was 1976, in biology, I was 15 or 16.
One of the girls in my group (who I fancied rotten) came in with her hair done just like that and held with a leather barrette .... and she looked stunning. I clearly remembering asking her if she's like to look at whatever it was we were doing though our microscope. I never got up the nerve to ask her out. She bobbed her hair (and still looked fantastic).
Strange how some things stick in your mind!

ravenreed
October 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Hypnotica, I find your videos extremely helpful. Thanks so much posting them.

pepperminttea
October 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I used to use a similar version of this 'do when my hair was APL, and when I've tried it recently it's just been too big and bumpy - I'll have to try this instead, thanks!

Hypnotica
October 27th, 2009, 07:46 AM
During my school time in the late 70's, a girl in my school used to wear this hair style. She had extremely long hair and used a quite large leather barrette to secure her long folded braid. It looked stunning. I always admired her way of styling.

So this is a kind of retro style then :)

Hypnotica, I find your videos extremely helpful. Thanks so much posting them.

You are very welcomed.

Merlin
October 27th, 2009, 01:15 PM
So this is a kind of retro style then :)

Only if you're wearing an ankle-length skirt and something involving tie dyed - otherwise it's bang up to date :)

Hypnotica
October 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Only if you're wearing an ankle-length skirt and something involving tie dyed - otherwise it's bang up to date :)

Haha, noooooo. Guess that I'm a modern woman then.

Carolyn
October 27th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I didn't see this until just today. I love love love that style! I have several of those pretty fakkares. I can do it! Woo hoo!