PDA

View Full Version : Buns for APL and BSL hair

julliams
October 25th, 2009, 05:35 AM
I pretty much just do the standard twist and wrap around bun (I think that's the cinnabun???) and the messy bun. I've seen some great tutorials on all those amazing buns you can do with super long hair but my hair just isn't long enough for these yet.

I'm wondering if there is a link to any other bun styles for mid length girls. I have layers too so that doesn't help.

Thanks,
Juliette

elianne
October 25th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Hi Juliette! I too and somewhere between APL and BSL. You could try a french twist, which works well for me. Also, you could try an orchid bun or lazy wrap bun but as you have layers and iii hair (like me) you'll likely need some more length -- my hair is really thick (4.5" ponytail) and I am still not able to get it into a lazy wrap.... one day though!

julliams
October 25th, 2009, 06:01 AM
I'm a 4.5" ponytail too. I'll search for these styles. Thanks

GlassEyes
October 25th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Your answers are going to be varied.

Thickness can be as much of a factor as length in doing buns. For example, I can -sort of- do infinity buns and figure-8 buns with my BSL-ish hair with all of my layers and a 3.5 in circumference. However, someone without layers (or taper) with the same circumference might not be able to, or someone with thicker hair might not be able to either.

For me, I can do a chinese bun, figure-8s, cinnabuns, and braided buns just fine.

julliams
October 25th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Ok, I tried the Orchid and the Lazy Wrap and I could do them with the help of my flexi 8. I don't have any hairsticks yet but that is going to be remedied soon.

Now I'm off to find out what I can about the ones GlassEyes mentioned.

Thank you - I have some new hair repertoire now - yey :flower:

julliams
October 25th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I'm thinking that I'll need to stick with just one bun for a week or two until I master it and get it in my hands "memory".

Thanks again everyone, I guess I just needed the names of them so I could do the searches.

elianne
October 25th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Yay! I'm glad you found some more buns that work for you!!! :cheese: :cheese: Also, your picture in your avatar is so pretty :)

Elphie
October 25th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Many of the styles are easier to do as a half-up before you actually have the length to use your entire head of hair. You can try a few of them out that way.

Tabitha
October 25th, 2009, 08:03 AM
The "pencil bun" that someone found on YouTube and posted here works for me at BSL.