PDA

View Full Version : Is one side of your hair....

Shiva
October 24th, 2009, 11:43 PM
. . . thicker than the other?

Or am I just a freak?

I am most sure I have more hair on my left side than on my right and I wonder if it is because I sleep on my right side.

:confused:

RancheroTheBee
October 24th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Me, too! Yeah, I toss and turn, so that can't be it. Awful turn of luck, I guess.

little_acorn
October 24th, 2009, 11:46 PM
yep, I have one side slightly thicker than the other - I think its one of those things

Gumball
October 24th, 2009, 11:47 PM
It's pretty common actually, so often enough it's not out of the ordinary. Just one of those quirks, like how you might have slightly more hair on one appendage than another.

Shiva
October 24th, 2009, 11:49 PM
ah. ok... so then I am a freak for other reasons.

Cool.

:p

clairenewcastle
October 24th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I've always thought I've more hair on the left side of my head. I tend to sleep on my right side so I suspect I've more friction damage on the right side because of it. My hair tends to hold a style better on the left side too.

fluffybunny
October 24th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Yeah, me too. More hair on the left.

ericthegreat
October 25th, 2009, 12:01 AM
We are constantly shedding hair and of course it doesn't happen evenly all over our head. Sometimes one side of our head may happen to have more shedding than the other side. Also, some people really do naturally have a higher amount of hair on one part or one side of their head than the other side, there's nothing weird about it at all.

masterofmidgets
October 25th, 2009, 12:08 AM
*joins the club*

It's only really noticeable when I do pigtail braids. I was going crazy for ages, trying to figure out why I could never get the part even enough that one braid wasn't wider than the other - somewhere around the fiftieth time I decided my hair was just a little thicker on one side.

Liat
October 25th, 2009, 12:17 AM

clairenewcastle
October 25th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I noticed too that most people seem to have thicker hair on the left but I can't see any logical reason for that.

jera
October 25th, 2009, 12:47 AM
I noticed too that most people seem to have thicker hair on the left but I can't see any logical reason for that.

I'm the opposite of that. My hair is both thicker and visibly LONGER on the right side. All my shedding occurs on the left hand side. Now what could be the cause of that? :o

vampodrama
October 25th, 2009, 12:58 AM
My hair is also thicker on the right side. Not much, but still. Or maybe I'm imagining it.

pradabacon
October 25th, 2009, 12:59 AM
I'm left-haired (slightly thicker on the left). :p And I sleep on my right. Curious. We need a poll. :D

eadwine
October 25th, 2009, 01:12 AM
For me the line is top bottom. More top hair than bottom hair, making halfups when not done high up look weird :)

Amara
October 25th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Right handers tend to run their right hand through their hair more often?

Charlotte
October 25th, 2009, 02:14 AM
It must be normal to have more hair on one side than the other I guess. :)

I have less hair on the left side of my head but I think it is only noticeable to others if I point it out. That side also happens to grow faster than the other side AND is straighter too - I don't know why... :rolleyes: I suppose that I'm extra wierd! heh heh :D

Yozhik
October 25th, 2009, 02:15 AM
At a hair salon, a hairdresser once told me that I had thinner hair on the sides of my head than on the top. Apparently this is normal, though (or at least a lot of people have it).

Vrushali
October 25th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Oh absolutely! The right section of my hair is thicker than the left..and you want to know something funnier?? It grows faster too! Right now the right section is a good 1" longer than the left. Imagine the horror of two braids!:rolleyes:

JaneinMarch
October 25th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Hmmm, I know for sure that the right side is less curly. I do think it's thinner since I had a big shed mostly from that side years ago. The right side has been that way most of my life, even as a kid.

Elphie
October 25th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I'm "left-haired" too. When I used to use a blowfryer, the left side always took much longer to finish than the right although I don't think anyone besides myself would notice the difference. Also, if I make an off-center part, I always add more to the right and not the opposite way around.

StellaReade
October 25th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Wow, that's so funny, I'm left haired as well. Not only am I NOTICEABLY thicker on one side, it even grows faster on that side. I had a hairdresser tell me that was impossible one time, that I had just had a bad hair cut previously, but I know he was wrong. I mean..I'd been living with my hair my whole life :). I'm so lopsided, in fact, that even if I part my hair on the thicker side to bring more hair over to the thinner side, the thinner side is still thinner.

Rosalind
October 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I definitely have more hair on one side than the other...but I can't remember which is which right now!

verene
October 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I have a bit more hair on the right side of my head. It's only really noticeable when I try to make pig-tails even.

rchorr
October 25th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Well, yes ... that's one of the reasons I part my hair on the side, LOL!

RCHORR'

amaiaisabella
October 25th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Hm, I only notice this when I do my hair in pigtail braids. I swear that I would part the hair exactly down the middle of my head, but one braid is always thicker than the other :confused:

Jubelee
October 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I heard from somewhere that the reason this happens is because of how you sleep. It all depends on what side you rest the pillow on at night. The majority of how we sleep is unconscionable so we have no control. The friction between your pillow and your head stimulates your hair follicles at night, which in turn causes growth and volume more on one side. I'm a left sider myself. Now if I can only train myself to sleep on my crown then we'll be in business!

smilinjenn71
October 25th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Yes, I have more on the RT side than LFT but it's more noticeably thick on top than the sides/back.

For the most part I favor my right side during sleep. However, that doesn't explain why I have more on top than sides/back.

rhubarbarin
October 25th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Mine's bit thicker on the right, which is usually the side I sleep on.

It's only really noticeable at my hairline.

longhairedfairy
October 25th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Nope, you're a freak. Nono, just kidding. Everyone is a little different on each side. I think my hair is thicker on the left. I wonder if it has anything to do with being right-handed, because my nails grow better on the left as well, but then they don't get beaten up as much as the nails on the right, so it could be from breakage or something. Yay, run on sentences.

ladycatpurrs
October 25th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I am a left side sleeper and a "left haired" person also. Front is stick straight, back is spiral curls. Sides grow lots faster than the back. I sincerely hope this convoluted hair is not indicative of what goes on under the skull, LOL!

camirra555
October 25th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I also have more hair on the left. I wish my hair on both sides would get thicker right where the top of my forehead meets my hairline. This is an interesting thread.

handsclean
October 25th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I think I have more on the left because I part my hair in a deep left side part but I have my hair in pigtail braids and they look to be relatively the same thickness. Hm.

hydrangea
October 25th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I have more hair on my left. I never noticed it, but my hairdresser mentioned it to me once. I wonder if it is because I am right handed I tend to brush more on the right side? I wonder if the left handed LHC members have thicker hair on the right?

bigmama8
October 25th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I have thicker hair on my left side. I sleep on my left side most of the time. I'm also left handed.

RoseRedDead
October 26th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I have more hair (somewhat - not very noticeable) on my right side...

Agent.Fang
October 26th, 2009, 07:48 AM
My hair seems to be thicker on the right side.

Alexannee10
October 26th, 2009, 08:34 AM
My right side is thicker thant the left one. Because my hair separation isn't centered loll. (Is centered a word? Arf .. )

natt i nord
October 26th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I'm the opposite of that. My hair is both thicker and visibly LONGER on the right side. All my shedding occurs on the left hand side. Now what could be the cause of that? :o

You aren't normal. :D
;)

Same thing here. I helped myself with a slight side-part on the left. Now my two english braids are even.

jivete
October 26th, 2009, 09:20 AM
My hair is also thicker on the left than right. I sleep on both sides of my head and am right handed.

pepperminttea
October 26th, 2009, 04:22 PM
My hair's thicker on the left too (I sleep on my stomach and am right-handed). I never noticed until last week when I did high braided pigtails to attempt a hair-taping-type thing. So glad it isn't just me! :)

JCFantasy23
October 26th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I never thought about it really, but I guess one side of my hair IS thicker.

Gvnagitlvgei
October 26th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Me too. I've also got the same problem a bit more south...ahem lol!

Arashi
October 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Well, yes, because I part it to the right.. :D
If I part my hair down the center, though, then it's even.

hennaphile
October 26th, 2009, 05:35 PM
My right side is much thicker :p

Teazel
October 26th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Mine's thicker on the left, but grows faster on the right.

cakebaker
October 26th, 2009, 07:03 PM
My hair is also thicker on the left side. But I also sleep mostly on that side, so go figure. I wonder if it is because I am right handed and when I brush or comb my hair I use more force on the right side of my head.