PDA

View Full Version : What does this say about my hair?

bmnks
October 24th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I noticed that every time if I don't wash my hair for more 2-3 days, I get compliment about my hair. almost every time. which I think weird. I would categorize myself as a 2A-2B... My hair is very frizzy and usually gets really poofy when it dries (blow or air) esepcially if I don't use any products.

So, my question is, what should I do to make my hair look pretty as soon as it dries instead of having to wait for 2-3 days? Should I switch to other hair products that will moisturize more? or any other suggestions? I tried not using shampoo for about two weeks but my hair oil on my scalp became so disgusting that I had to go back to shampoo. I think in the past month I have used shampoo for maybe 4-5 days. other time, I used baking soda. and always condition my hair with pantene deep nourishing treatment.

AprilElf
October 24th, 2009, 09:18 PM
If your hair likes moisture and is prone to frizziness, I would definitely give it as much as it can drink in. And only use shampoo on the scalp, not the length (but it's okay to let the shampoo rinse off down the length).
Sounds like it's the natural oil from your scalp that is making it look so nice by day 2 or 3. I would try lightly oiling the length only once your hair is completely dry after washing.

This is what I've found helpful for my hair, at least. :)

bmnks
October 25th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the response. I will definitely try to do that. Perhaps in a week from now, I will let you know if it works! Thanks again!

julliams
October 25th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I find on my second day after washing (when I wake up with really messy hair and spritz some water on it and scrunch it) I always get compliments. I don't particularly like my hair this way but people seem to mention that it looks nice. Actually my siggy pic is exactly that - one day after and spritzed with lavendar water.

Flynn
October 25th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Do you oil your hair after washing?

bmnks
October 25th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Flynn:
I am not sure if I know what exactly oiling my hair means. I do however use giovanni frizz be gone to tame my frizzes.

Julliams:
Your hair does look gorgeous. I will add lavendar water to my list of things to try on my hair. :D

Amara
October 25th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Oiling your hair is what I would suggest, too.
You just take a small (VERY SMALL at first until you know how much your hair likes) amount of oil - coconut and jojoba are the most popular around here I think - and rub it between your palms and then smooth it over the ends, or the ends and canopy, or all through your hair from the ears down, or whatever works best. :)

JamieLeigh
October 26th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Another vote here for oiling! It sounds like you're being good to your scalp, but with added length, it's harder for your natural oils to travel down the hair shafts. Especially for a frequent shampooer. :)

pilateschick7
October 26th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Another vote for oiling here. I also get more compliments on 2-3 day old hair especially if I oiled lightly the night before. There is a very good article on oiling under the article section at the top of the screen.

sherigayle
October 26th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Wavy and curly hair usually likes moisture and when it's dry it frizzes. Try to leave some conditioner on your length after you wash. Also doing a CO wash will help. Towel dry very gently, mostly just using the towel to squeeze the extra water out of your hair. Let it stay a little wet, just not drippy. Your hair will soak up some of that water. I always add the oil at that point instead of waiting for it to dry, but some people oil it dry too. I also add aloe gel after the oil. I also spritz my hair some mornings or nights with water with a little conditioner in it. You can tame a lot of frizz that way.

You may end up like me. THe more moisture my hair gets, the curlier it gets. My hair just loves all the conditioner.

Anje
October 26th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Another vote for oiling. I get lots of baby hair frizz if I don't weigh the buggers down a little. Applying a drop or three of oil to my hair gets it to that slightly weighted down look that you otherwise have to wait a few days post-wash to get. It's a lot more nourishing to the hair than serum, too.

lovelylaura
October 26th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Wow! Lucky you're getting hair compliments :)

I feel like my hair looks better on the second and third day as well, but no one has told me that. The only comment I've gotten thus far is "You're hair looks darker"