PDA

View Full Version : Silly, but...holding things up with hair strands to see their strength?

JCFantasy23
October 24th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I was surprised at how strong my hair has been feeling lately. I have thick, strong strands but if only there were more of them. :confused: Anyway was playing with a strand the other night to see how strong it was. It held up a heavy pen, an aspirin bottle (with aspirin), both of my brushes, pack of cigs (yes, I need to quit lol) then held up my long stereo remote control with batteries, which weighs pretty good with hair. Broke with a empty 2 liter though lol. Has anyone else tried to hold things with their hair just to see how strong the strands are?

WaimeaWahine
October 25th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Not me, but I do like to take shed hairs and gently pull on either end to see how much pressure it can take before it snaps. Maybe we should start a weightlifting for hair program! :cheese:

Dachsdragon
October 25th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Thats some mighty strong hair you have there. :D

Thinthondiel
October 25th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I just tried with a bottle of multi-vitamin gummy bears and with the remote control for the DVD player. It held up both without breaking. What to try next... :hmm:

ETA: Okay, it was definitely unable to hold up my almost full half-litre bottle of BonAqua. :lol:

Roseate
October 25th, 2009, 05:12 PM
There was a poll here a while back to see how many pennies members could hold up with a strand of their hair... aha, found it! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=21807&highlight=pennies) 100 pennies was the record I think, that's 250 grams, some serious hair-strength. I haven't tried it yet.