PDA

View Full Version : If only!

MandaMom2Three
October 24th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Too bad bleach is so damaging! I was bored today so I took all the hair from my brush and soaked in straight bleach for 20 minutes! I got the most BEAUTIFUL coppery colour! It was just so pretty, I would love to have that colour. Of course it also made it about half as fine, made it feel like wool and break by looking at it :rolleyes:. Ah if only they made damage free bleach :lol:

JCFantasy23
October 24th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Sounds like an interesting experiment :) If only we all have superman hair

prittykitty
October 24th, 2009, 01:35 AM
If only they made damage free hair straightener too!

MandaMom2Three
October 24th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Oh yes, that would be nice! Then I could have straight hair every day! *sigh* While we're at it we should invent non fattening bacon cheeseburgers :D

pradabacon
October 24th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Sounds like fun. :hmm: I think I'll try that tomorrow (the bleach, not the imaginary bacon cheeseburger - although that would also be nice). :D

Radulfr
October 24th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Maybe they'll invent that kind of bleach in the future.

Burgers heeeere!
Get your slim-fast bacon cheeseburgers heeeere!

Speckla
October 24th, 2009, 07:28 AM
mmm....vegetarian bacon burger that's nonfattening....yum!

What do you currently have on your hair?

GlassEyes
October 24th, 2009, 07:36 AM
mmm....vegetarian bacon burger that's nonfattening....yum!

What do you currently have on your hair?
How the HECK are you already APL? O__________________o;;

I cast a vote for the slimfast burger. :D Actually, damage free bleach too, because then i'd have purple hair of awesome.

plainjanegirl
October 24th, 2009, 07:37 AM
can we have damage free perms too....I want curly hair

missjessiecakes
October 24th, 2009, 07:38 AM
mmmmm bacon...

Oooo and candy that makes you lose weight. :D

rchorr
October 24th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah, a damage-free world would certainly make life simpler. Sigh. Oh well. Now, where is that fat-free, calorie-free bacon cheeseburger we were talking about? :cheese:

RCHORR'

Fiferstone
October 24th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Hi MissJessiecakes, they used to have such candy in the states, it was called Ayds. Got discontinued after the Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome epidemic became widespread. Yep, I'm showing my age again...

Elbereth
October 24th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I want non-fattening chocolate.

And hairtoys that would fatten my bank account as I shopped them. :agree:

JamieLeigh
October 24th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Sounds like an interesting experiment :) If only we all have superman hair

I still think Superman shouldn't have hair. If hair is dead stuff, and Superman is invincible....wouldn't he be bald? (of course, then he couldn't win over the ladies with the curl across the forehead....:p)

jahof45
October 24th, 2009, 01:40 PM
If only we'd earn money by spending money...I'd be so rich!

Radulfr
October 24th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I still think Superman shouldn't have hair. If hair is dead stuff,

Hair on humans is dead stuff.
Superman's Kryptonian hair is brought alive by the yellow sun of Earth, giving it super-hair power that Earthlings don't know about.

Laylah
October 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM
But if his hair is invincible, how does he keep it short? You'd think the only thing that could trim his hair would be kryptonite (ouch) scissors.

UncommonTart
October 24th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I want vivid wash-out hair color that doesn't stain everything in my home and actually washes out completely. I'd love to have purple hair again, but I know that if I did it, I'd be out of a job unless I could undo it PDQ.

Also, I remember reading a sci-fi story once where people could takes pills that would change their hair color (as in, the color of the hair that grew out of their follicles was different because of the pills). I'd like some of those, please.

ETA: A slimming bacon cheeseburger sounds really good too. How about bacon that is not made of pork but is as yummy as "the real thing"?

enfys
October 24th, 2009, 04:14 PM
See now if I was Superman I'd be platinum blonde just because I could be.

How about a dye that is magical enough to lighten you hair without bleach? Like an opaque colour so your real colour doesn't matter a bit.

Amara
October 24th, 2009, 06:11 PM
How about scissors that make your hair longer?

Rinnirikku
October 24th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Too bad bleach is so damaging! I was bored today so I took all the hair from my brush and soaked in straight bleach for 20 minutes! I got the most BEAUTIFUL coppery colour! It was just so pretty, I would love to have that colour. Of course it also made it about half as fine, made it feel like wool and break by looking at it :rolleyes:. Ah if only they made damage free bleach :lol:

I know how you feel. Every year or so I get this urge to bleach my hair blonde. Last year I bleached my hair and it came out this beautiful golden blonde color; but it also came along with breakage and near balding :rolleyes: Thankfully, I've learned my lesson after such trauma. Now I'm scared to even dye my hair a dark color!
I agree with you 100%. It would be nice to have a damage free bleach :cheese:

Coriander
October 24th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I've been doing a lot of experiments from silly things I've seen or read... I just so happen to have a nice bunch of hair from the drain. :D

I'll be back later to post how it looks lol

ETA: I split the hair "rat" into two, and put half in some hydrogen peroxide, and the other half in bleach. I'll let it sit for 20 minutes like the OP did. So far, the bleach half is having a weird foaming reaction and it's only 5 minutes in. I won't check again for another 15. :D

I love experiments lol

deko
October 24th, 2009, 06:34 PM
How about scissors that make your hair longer? yes, I would SO like that. And haircolor you could change every day and it wouldn't damage your hair and ... if you could change your hair lenght and texture daily just by will power :cheese:

Flynn
October 24th, 2009, 06:37 PM
But if his hair is invincible, how does he keep it short? You'd think the only thing that could trim his hair would be kryptonite (ouch) scissors.

By willpower alone!

Rinnirikku
October 24th, 2009, 06:39 PM
yes, I would SO like that. And haircolor you could change every day and it wouldn't damage your hair and ... if you could change your hair lenght and texture daily just by will power :cheese:

I remember seeing this movie once where this lady behind a desk would touch each finger nail and they would change design and color; she would just keep touching each one until she found a color she would like. If only we could do that our hair :wail:

Rinnirikku
October 24th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I remember seeing this movie once where this lady behind a desk would touch each finger nail and they would change design and color; she would just keep touching each one until she found a color she would like. If only we could do that our hair :wail:
With our hair* Excuse me :p

Coriander
October 24th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Wow. Just wow. :rollin:

Experiment results are in. I am currently waiting for my other computer to boot up so I can download and size the photos.

I'm just not even going to mention how bad bleach would be for my hair. The photos will speak for themselves.

Give me a few minutes. :D

Rinnirikku
October 24th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Wow. Just wow. :rollin:

Experiment results are in. I am currently waiting for my other computer to boot up so I can download and size the photos.

I'm just not even going to mention how bad bleach would be for my hair. The photos will speak for themselves.

Give me a few minutes. :D

I'm bubbling with anticipation :D

Coriander
October 24th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Photos, as promised, from my own experiment. I had one hair rat, which I split into two separate bowls. To one bowl I added regular hydrogen peroxide and to the other, straight bleach as the OP suggested. I allowed these to sit for 20 minutes.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4164&pictureid=53512
Before adding any kind of chemical

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4164&pictureid=53511
This is just a few minutes into the 20 minutes. Note the bubbling reaction on the right.

I went back to check after 15 more minute (20 total) and this is what I found...
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4164&pictureid=53510

I did not remove the hair from the bowl. There was simply nothing left.

(For anyone interested, here is what the peroxide did. The "after" is on the right, within the red lines.)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4164&pictureid=53507

Radulfr
October 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Laylah View Post

By willpower alone!
Yes!
Superman is able to will his hair to the length he wants it, longer or shorter. It differs from Earth hair in this respect.

GlassEyes
October 24th, 2009, 08:14 PM
How about scissors that make your hair longer?
Or just hairdressers! Like in Stardust!

SimplyViki
October 24th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Coriander - Goodness! :bigeyes: I didn't expect that one! :rollin: Now I'll have to try that myself. Crazy!

Coriander
October 24th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Viki I can't wait to hear your results! :D

pradabacon
October 24th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Coriander - Goodness! :bigeyes: I didn't expect that one! :rollin: Now I'll have to try that myself. Crazy!

I just did. I made a tiny braid out of my shed hairs from today (I shed a lot :o) and stuck it in a little container of bleach. Everything disolved except the little piece with the tape on the end that I left sticking out. It was like it just got chopped off.

Scary. :bigeyes:

Coriander
October 24th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I just did. I made a tiny braid out of my shed hairs from today (I shed a lot :o) and stuck it in a little container of bleach. Everything disolved except the little piece with the tape on the end that I left sticking out. It was like it just got chopped off.

Scary. :bigeyes:

I wonder if you left it in longer, if the tape would dissolve too. Eep.

pradabacon
October 24th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Probably. It's monstrous. I can't believe I've actually put bleach (in whatever form) on my poor hair before. No wonder it was a mess. :p

ericthegreat
October 25th, 2009, 02:05 AM
If only all those "magic" hair growing pills and treatments that are being sold by all those snake oil salesmen out there actually did make your hair grow from chin length to waist length in one month like they claim!

I mean, if the gorgeous digitally altered lady in that ad could grow her hair from a bob to a really thick, TB length head of hair in just a month then surely I can too right?

MandaMom2Three
October 25th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Yes, my hair had decreased in substance significantly and if I'd left it any longer I know it would have dissolved!! Gald to know it's a different bleach than they use on hair, though my Dad's girlfriend's son just bleached his hair with this stuff :scared: