PDA

View Full Version : No-cone success at last!

Rosalind
October 23rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
I've tried to switch from cone to no-cone shampoos and conditioners in the past, and never had much luck. Shampoos are fine, no problem, but no-cone conditioners tend to, well, not really condition my hair. I tangle really, really easily, and cones provide that necessary slip- no-cone conditioners tend to leave me nearly unable to brush my hair, and unable to wear it down at all. But mixing no-cone and cone products can really cause issues with buildup and gummy grossness in my hair, so I've always sort of drifted back to cones.

However, I just discovered Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner, and it is fabulous. It seems to have replaced cones with oil (palm oil, shea butter, olive oil, avocado oil, and black currant oil), and it makes my hair shiny and exceedingly easy to brush. Plus, I had basically no awkward transition period. It's especially nice right now, because I think my henna-ed hair was a little unhappy with cones.

It's actually almost too heavy for my hair (which I have never experienced before), so anyone whose hair is easily weighed down might not like it, but I'm so relishing being able to easily brush my hair back. Plus, it lasts much longer when I only have to use half the amount. :cheese:

So anyone who's disliked no-cone products because of a lack of slip might want to try this one. Though I make no promises! :p

clairenewcastle
October 23rd, 2009, 09:54 PM
I struggled for the last two years to find a decent no-cone conditioner that worked, so thanks for the post - I'm sure it'll be a big help to a lot of people.
Recently I gave up using conditioner. Now I'm using catnip rinses instead which are giving me wonderful "slip", plus my hair has started growing again since using catnip.
Hope your hair benefits from the conditioner, it's looking great in the avatar.
Good luck with it!

hmmm
October 24th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I missed my coney conditioners too, until I discovered that I could use oils. The heavy oiling before washes really, really make a difference. I didn't notice it so much when I was using cones.

marikamt
October 24th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I know garnier triple nutrition has been discussed a few times, but I have to say again... LOVE IT!!!! It really is a nice moisturizing conditioner and I love that it is cone free.....

Backliteyes
October 24th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I really want to try that conditioner, I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

GoddesJourney
October 24th, 2009, 11:03 AM
If only they would making the matching shampoo sulphate-free.

JamieLeigh
October 24th, 2009, 01:33 PM
That's great! I've been pretty happy with my no-cone routine since January - so I know it can work well for certain people in the long run. :D I'll have to try this stuff out, my Suave is workig excellently, and so is my Giovanni, but it's nice to switch things up once in awhile. Thanks for the advice! :)

handsclean
October 24th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I use it as the second conditioner in my CO.. I love it too :) I'm picking up another bottle today.

jojo
October 24th, 2009, 11:00 PM
It also takes a good month or 2 for my hair to adjust to a different routine. I went cone free again at the begining of October and mine is just starting to look better. Oils help me and strangely enough my hair looks better when it needs washing with conefree.

Is this the pink tub conditioner your talking of? if not thats another good one for your list, but I cant rememeber the name of it!