PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner overnight?

*Elvina*
April 21st, 2008, 01:25 PM
I hope somebody can quickly answer my question:pray:, I've already read in several posts that you can leave on conditioner various hours. However, I was wondering what about all night (with a towel), since I'm almost going to bed now. I wouldn't want to wake up with my hair wrecked:rolleyes:.

Isilya
April 21st, 2008, 01:29 PM
I have done this before and I still have all my hair :) Leaving on conditioner overnight isn't supposed to be harmful, so I would go ahead and sleep with it. Just make sure you don't lose the towel :)

DrkAngel
April 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
Your hair won't be ruined by leaving conditioner on all night long. It will benefit from it. Some of us here do deep treatments and heavy oilings and leave them overnight. Personally I once did an SMT overnight and found it quite uncomfortable, so now I only do heavy oilings at night, and do the SMTs during the day. If you don't mind the wet feeling and occasional dripping, go ahead. Just be sure to cover your pillow with a thick towel.

I'd also suggest you use a hair cap or saran wrap and then do a towel turban over it instead of just using the towel alone. That way you'll ensure it doesnt get dry in which case you'd wake up with a crunchy mess of hair.

Happy conditioning ;)

Tabitha
April 21st, 2008, 02:03 PM
Yep, I've done it with no ill effects, when I was too tired to wash out a CO soak. The downside was the rustling sounds in the night from the plastic showercap on my head.

cuddledumplin
April 21st, 2008, 03:12 PM
I've done that loads of times. When you do wash it out, your hair will be amazingly soft.

suicides_eve
April 21st, 2008, 04:58 PM
tee-hee i am doing it right now sitting here with my hair all done up in a baggie with a turbie twist on. i have also been known to do this while doing yard work:gabigrin:

CurlyNinja
April 21st, 2008, 07:11 PM
After a protein outbreak I coated the driest parts of my hair with conditioner and slept in it and I think it really helped. I just don't like to do it because I feel like I'll get it all over my face/pillow, but the conditioning is great!

Pat
April 21st, 2008, 08:37 PM
I do it quite often ... at least once a week. I usually don´t have time to do it on weekdays so on the weekend I load it with conditioner and then wash it the next day. So far, so good.

capelli lunghi
April 21st, 2008, 09:06 PM
From my experience.. I have to wrap my hair in saran wrap or have it in a shower cap or the conditioner dries and gets crusty. It will come off, but it is not easy. The plastic will keep the air out and keep it moist.. which will work better on the hair.. YMMV..

Moezland
April 21st, 2008, 10:50 PM
Yep, I've done it with no ill effects, when I was too tired to wash out a CO soak. The downside was the rustling sounds in the night from the plastic showercap on my head.

Hehe - ITA - this is the only down side I've noticed as well:D.

asantegold
April 21st, 2008, 11:15 PM
I do this too and it works really well for me when I don't have time to condition with my heating cap. As long as the conditioner isn't heavy on protein, you should be fine.:)

missy60
April 21st, 2008, 11:16 PM
I have never done my whole head but I have done over night conditioning on my length alot of times in the past. I would do a high ponytail and then apply conditioner and sometimes follow with oil and pull it half way thru with a scrunchie. I done this alot when my hair was damaged. I just couldnt imagine trying to sleep with my scalp wet, but I have enough problems sleeping in ideal conditions.

willowcandra
April 22nd, 2008, 01:06 AM
I did it once with a light conditioner and it worked very well. Lovely shine.

*Elvina*
April 22nd, 2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks a lot for all your answers;), my hair was very soft this morning.