PDA

View Full Version : U shape haircut for man

fanfrade
October 23rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
hi everybody.
First sorry about my poor english, i am brazilian.
I am a 28 yr old man and I have long hair 5 inches below my sholders with layered bangs in front (smallest part 1 inch under my chin) and straigth in back with short body wave. My stylist ask me to cut it rounded in back in U shape with layered bangs starting on my chin.

I think is something like this:
http://images51.fotki.com/v732/photos/1/124315/6936581/100_0635-vi.jpg
(this is not my hair, is a haircut that i found on the web)

What do you think about it? Have anybody pictures with this style or other style that i can use?

Regards,
Felipe

Anje
October 23rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Hi Felipe, and welcome to LHC.

I can't help you much on the pictures. I haven't seen many guys with a U haircut, but I imagine it could look good. The most important thing is to wear your hair how you like it and feel comfortable, though, not how your hairdresser suggests.

dragonfrog
October 23rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
I don't have any pictures, but I trim my boyfriend's hair into a U-shape. His hair is longer and the U-shape is more shallow than the picture you posted, but I think it would look good either way. I think the U-shape looks good and pretty natural on my BF.

But, as Anje said, it is most important for you to like whatever haircut you get, since you're the one who has to wear it :)

Sorry, I can't say much about the bangs... I don't really know any guys with bangs, but what you're describing sounds cool.

fanfrade
October 23rd, 2009, 01:30 PM
i dont know if the word bangs sounds right to what i am trying to say. The front part of my hair is 2 inches under my chin, and the rest is cut in diagonal until my sholders, but in back is with a straight cut. I like the idea to cut it rounded in U shape in back, but i would like to know the opinion of others. My hair has almost the same length of the picture that i' ve posted above, my other doubt is if i cut a soft U shape like this picture or a more pronounced U shape in back.

This is the best picture to describe my hair now but not so long. I like it now, but i am thinking in the U subject

http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/tcgallery/tc0019.jpg
I ve forget the picture :poot:

Pierre
October 23rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
Bem-vindo à LHC! I don't know much about haircuts, and I'm curly on the ends so I can't say what's good for your hairtype. Just try it out and see how you feel.

I don't wear my hair down very often, and even when it is down it's half up, except when I just showered and am enjoying the feel of my hair swishing on my back.

Os bangs (there's no such thing as one bang, unless it's a noise) são os cabelos em frente que não descêm baixo dos olhos. I'm not sure what the hair that goes down to your chin is called. Does it have a name in Portuguese?
---
Welcome to LHC! The bangs are the hairs in front which don't go farther down than the eyes.

fanfrade
October 23rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Ola Pierre, Meu corte está redondo na frente com a franja redonda 3 dedos abaixo do queixo e atras está com um corte reto. A sugestão que fizeram foi deixar a franja redonda na altura do queixo e atras cortar em redondo em U.

Sorry about the portuguese, it is only to translate to Pierre

Regards
Felipe

Pierre, are u from Brazil?

Pierre
October 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
No, I've spent two weeks in Portugal and two in Brazil (in BH).

I'd call it a fringe - the word is used to refer to bangs, but is more general.

pineapple pea
October 23rd, 2009, 09:28 PM
I think it would probably look good either way. :) You can always try it and grow it back straight if you don't like it.

Brat
October 23rd, 2009, 09:35 PM
I like a U or a V in long hair, I think it looks best. Especially on straight hair. Very pleasing to my eye, anyway...

fanfrade
October 24th, 2009, 11:27 PM
v cut for man?

nobody have any oppinion or ideas?. Help me please

Arniky
October 27th, 2009, 10:36 AM
would look nice both the u shape and bangs just try, if you dont like can again change it

Flaxen
October 27th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Hi, everybody. :smile:
This is just a quick reminder that since TLHC is an English language forum, we ask that members who make a post in another language please include a translation with the post. If the message is to be private, please use the PM system or email. Thanks.

spidermom
October 27th, 2009, 03:49 PM
From what you say, I think that the U-shape will look natural and blend the shorter front with the longer back better than a straight-across-the-back cut does.

Heavenly Locks
October 27th, 2009, 04:45 PM
What you are describing (I think) for the front of your hair fanfrade is called 'face framing layers'. To me, that is different from a fringe or bangs.

I think a U shaped hemline can be flattering. I wear mine in that shape. You can have a slight or as deep U shape as you like. I think most men keep a blunt hemline though because it goes with a broad shoulder shape. :hmm:

Oh and WELCOME! :D

GlassEyes
October 27th, 2009, 05:22 PM
What you are describing (I think) for the front of your hair fanfrade is called 'face framing layers'. To me, that is different from a fringe or bangs.

I think a U shaped hemline can be flattering. I wear mine in that shape. You can have a slight or as deep U shape as you like. I think most men keep a blunt hemline though because it goes with a broad shoulder shape. :hmm:

Oh and WELCOME! :D

Wouldn't a 'U' or a 'V' go better with a broad shoulder shape? o-o I mean, that is the sort of line the male structure makes, if you break it down.

I think it'll look fine. I probably won't wear a blunt cut when I get to the length I want either.

fanfrade
October 27th, 2009, 08:25 PM
i got layers and dont know it :D. I am decided to try u shape in back. I only have to choose between a light or a deep U. Later i will post a picture of me.