PDA

View Full Version : He wouldn't cut my hair...

Speckla
October 23rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
I took my son to a hairdresser today and decided to get a trim myself. They hairdresser refused and said my hair was beautiful and didn't need a trim. That comment made my day. My son has been going to him for the last 11 years. He used to color, relaxed, and cut my hair for years. My hair was always damaged and he'd recommend frequent trims.

Yeah for healthy hair. :cheese:

marikamt
October 23rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
Ooo!!! Woot woot for you!!!!!! :toast:

Jezerellica
October 23rd, 2009, 12:04 PM
I took my son to a hairdresser today and decided to get a trim myself. They hairdresser refused and said my hair was beautiful and didn't need a trim. That comment made my day. My son has been going to him for the last 11 years. He used to color, relaxed, and cut my hair for years. My hair was always damaged and he'd recommend frequent trims.

Yeah for healthy hair. :cheese:
Wow!! How often does this happen?!! What a compliment!! Your routine must be perfect for your hair type! Fabulous!!

rogue_psyche
October 23rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
What a great guy. Did he know that you are trying to grow it long?

Amara
October 23rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
How awesome!!!

artowl
October 23rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Wow, that's so exciting! Good job. :)

longhairedfairy
October 23rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
Whoa! Now that is a compliment!:cheese:

little_acorn
October 23rd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Way to go :D

:cheese:

redneckprincess
October 23rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
how wonderful

Angela_Rose
October 23rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Neat! How nice to have a hairdresser say that, and to refuse to take your money!

ericthegreat
October 23rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
He is such an awesome hairstylist! More hairstylists need to be like him, where he actually loves and respects his clients hair!

friskybiznus
October 23rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
He is such an awesome hairstylist! More hairstylists need to be like him, where he actually loves and respects his clients hair!

Yeah, what Eric said! Squeee !!!

Starr
October 23rd, 2009, 03:14 PM
What a wonderful compliment!

Speckla
October 23rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
What a great guy. Did he know that you are trying to grow it long?

Yes and he said good. It should be long. :cheese: Makes me feel good about letting it grow. I used to get looks and questions like, "Isn't it time to color? Time to trim? Time to..." Now it's don't color, don't cut, and don't straighten. :eyebrows:

JCFantasy23
October 23rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Very impressive compliment, you should be pleased

Sissy
October 23rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
wow... that's fantastic news!

Naters
October 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
wow that really is a great compliment!!

embee
October 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
That is sure a nice thing to hear! :) I'd say you're doing something right.

heatherdazy
October 23rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
I've said that before--twice. Both clients went to other stylists and got it trimmed anyway.

Flynn
October 23rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
While it is indeed a great compliment, if he actually refused to cut your hair, rather than just said he didn't think it needed it and let you make the ultimate call, he is as bad as the hairdressers who lop off too much. I've encountered this when I wanted it all chopped off, and it is just as rude and disrespectful to the client as cutting off too much when the client is trying to keep their hair long.

clairenewcastle
October 23rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
It seems as though he thought your hair was looking so good it didn't need anything done to it. That sounds like a great compliment to me!

catysue
October 23rd, 2009, 08:33 PM
That's so awesome! What a compliment :)

camirra555
October 23rd, 2009, 09:21 PM
Wow! That's a great thing to hear. We definitely need more stylists like that

JamieLeigh
October 24th, 2009, 01:53 PM
That's awesome!!!! I bet it did totally make your day. You do have beautiful hair, and it's nice that a professional recognized that and voiced it honestly and openly - instead of trying to sell you products you don't need. :flower:

Desideira
October 24th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Wow! thats awesome:D and a great compliment...what can be better when when hairdesser say your hair is perfect and beutifull and they dont need any improvemnt! I am Happy for you:)

windinherhair
October 24th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Aww, how nice!! I used to go for trims every 3 months, and even though I was told my hair looked good, they still cut! I wish they wouldn't have been cutting off so much.

vdhendrix
October 25th, 2009, 03:59 AM
lol the last time i went in for a trim, the woman said, she would trim it, but she would never cut it short, she said she had to many long haired women freak out on her after they came in and got it cut short