PDA

View Full Version : Long hair sighting! (+60 yrs old)

Guenever
April 21st, 2008, 12:38 PM
This evening, at the supermarket, I saw something I've never ever seen before IRL.. It was amazīng!! :joy:
A woman around 65 (I think) casually walked up beside me and my (heavy, heavy!) cart.. I vaguely noticed her hair because it was braided... I remember thinking "cool! finally a woman that has skipped the perm", but as my eyes followed the length further down her back my glance turned into a stare!! I had to step back from my cart because her ends were hidden hehind it!

Oh.my.god... a beautiful grey classic length braid right in front of me! Natural grey, about 2a/2b/M/iii (hard to tell when braided) with fairytale ends.. :inlove:
I immediately thought of Xandergrammy - it was so awesome!

Naturally I addressed her and complimented her beautiful locks and luckily she seemed very happy! :D

Yay, a long hair sighting! :cheese: It doesn't happen very often where I live (last time was 2 years ago - a 12 year-old girl with a blonde knee-length braid! :cloud9:)
... but when it finally does it's amazing! Just had to share...

Lixie
April 21st, 2008, 12:40 PM
Tha sounds so lovely. Well done for complimenting her, you probably made her day. :)

Sherri
April 21st, 2008, 12:54 PM
Sounds like me. When i see someone with the extreme long hair I get excited too. Mainly because I am tring so hard to get there. That was very nice to comment to her also. I agree you probably made her day.:)

paper
April 22nd, 2008, 06:44 AM
Great story!

Poolsoflaughter
April 22nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
That's very nice of you :flowers:...she probably has people coming up to her all of the time urging her to chop, or donate to LOL.

Amoretti
April 22nd, 2008, 08:03 AM
How wonderful Guenever! You'd never see that here; most women that age have stylish short hair with highlights/dye.

1nuitblanche
April 22nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
That's great. It's so nice that some ladies don't go for the typical short perm once they reach a certain age. Grey hair often looks either so warm and earthy or so soft and mystical. Well done for complimenting her, Guenever!