PDA

View Full Version : What hair colour should I have

angelakeats
October 22nd, 2009, 05:32 PM
I never know what looks best on me.
People like blonde, red and brown.
What do you think would look "best"
I am hoping for honesty ;)
I get married in the summer and want to look good!

I don't know how to insert a photo :)

so...
my pic is in my profile :)

Thanks!!!

Shermie Girl
October 22nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Your current colour is pretty. :)

I think that you should have the colour that makes you happy and feel beautiful when you look in the mirror. Be the colour that you want, not what others tell you you should be. If that is blonde, be blonde. If it is red, do red. If brunette rocks your socks, be a brunette. Colour isn't evil and you can still grow beautiful, long, shiny healthy looking hair while doing it, as long as you are careful and pamper the stuffing out of your tresses. :)

angelakeats
October 22nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
I know, I hear you, it's just awkward when I see a picture of myself and all of a sudden i'm saying "what was I thinking?"
I don't trust my judgment on my hair :)

spidermom
October 22nd, 2009, 07:14 PM
Your skin looks pink toned in the picture, which is cool, so don't go with warm tones. Light-to-medium ash blonde would be good, I think.

Monitor screens lie, so don't go by me. You should determine whether your skin looks best when you dress in warm colors or cool colors. That can help you with your hair color.

Bunnyhare
October 22nd, 2009, 07:16 PM
Your current colour is pretty. :)

I think that you should have the colour that makes you happy and feel beautiful when you look in the mirror. Be the colour that you want, not what others tell you you should be. If that is blonde, be blonde. If it is red, do red. If brunette rocks your socks, be a brunette. Colour isn't evil and you can still grow beautiful, long, shiny healthy looking hair while doing it, as long as you are careful and pamper the stuffing out of your tresses. :)

I agree with this completely and looked at your pics. i think the brown or red would make your beautiful eyes pop! i love the shade of brown in the last photo..the blonde may have been washing your skin out a bit but it is so hard to tell in pics...:shrug: you should feel beautiful in whatever you pick. Congrats on the wedding! i LOVE being married!!:cheer::happydance::joy::hifive:

Charlotte
October 22nd, 2009, 07:21 PM
I think a colour in between strawberry blonde to light red would look gorgeous on you - you have beautiful eyes. :) All the best for your upcoming wedding. :)

pepperminttea
October 22nd, 2009, 07:46 PM

Completely agreed!

Though out of interest, what is your natural colour, and do you like it? I ask because I generally keep mine 'as is' just because of the lower upkeep, no root touch-ups and whatnot. One less thing to worry about. :)

angelakeats
October 22nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
Thank you for your great posts everyone!

My natural hair is the infamous "mousey, dirty blonde" colour.
I find it boring. But just maybe...if I had my natural colour and added highlights and low lights in blondes and "reds" by a professional, i may be pleased ;)

Thanks again.

angelakeats
October 22nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Thank you Bunny hare for your honesty! It is dearly appreciated.