PDA

View Full Version : Progress & Arwen Braids

Maddy25
October 22nd, 2009, 12:46 PM
Hi :)

I was just playing around and wanted to show you my updated progress for october!!!
Its pretty greasy looking just because Ive been in bed for 2 days sick, so I havent gotten around to washing it yet, also excuse the no makeup due to illness!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3801&pictureid=53343
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3801&pictureid=53344

And also, I am a huge fan of Lord of the Rings and I tried to do one of Arwens styles! It looks different on my shorter hair but I wanted to show you anyways because Im proud! :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3801&pictureid=53353
Kind of messy but it was my first time trying.

While speaking of LoTR, I recently got an elvish tattoo around my wrist!
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/elvish.jpg
Ive got an appointment for my next tatoo, Arwens Evenstar necklace pendant on the same wrist :D

Leena7
October 22nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
I for one, love the tattoo. When I was about 12 or 13 I always said that I wanted to get a back and white tattoo of the fellowship lorien leaf. It's bean about 7 years since then, and I still don't have it and now I don't know if I ever will decide to get it. Anyways, I can't see the arwen braid, but I used to do them sometimes. I found a great link for instructions on how to do tons of lotr style braids and such off of alleycatsratch.com but i don't know if they are still up.
Anyways, I'm always happy to chat about the lord of the rings! Congrats on the tattoo!

MAO
October 22nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Ahhhhhaha! You're just as bad as I am about constantly changing hair colors I see! Cute braids! My hair isnt even long enough to attempt something like that yet.

Amara
Your tattoo rocks, and WOW has your hair grown!!!

jojo
Wow thats some good growth you have had Maddy, you have a different look for every season!

melrose1985
October 22nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
Cool tattoo. You hair has grown a lot!

jojo
October 22nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
ha ha 4 of us posted at the exact same time!

Maddy25
October 22nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
YAY! Im glad their are other Lord of the Rings fans here :) And Thanks for the compliments :D

paperwhite
October 22nd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Great growth! I keep meaning to put up some pictures of my hair, but all I really have are really old ones where it's long, more recent ones where it's short, and then current ones where it's long again! I can't seem to remember to take progress pictures to build a timeline.

redneckprincess
October 22nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Maddy, WOW your hair is growing so fast...

halo_tightens
October 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Yay, excellent progress!

I love seeing how much everyone's hair is growing! (You think one day we'll be hanging at around hip, encouraging the latest crop of grow-ers?)

Lemur_Catta
October 22nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
Your hair looks amazing, and I love the braids and the tattoo :)
How did you do that braids anyway? I found directions on a site but they weren't very clear, and seemed to be somewhat different from what you did...used the herringbone braid instead of the english braid that I *think* you have used. I would really like to wear that style!

I am also a LOTR fan. This year I dressed as Arwen for Carnival: my grandma helped me sewing the costume, and I made the hair toy...it was the white dress she has in FOTR, when she gives Aragorn the evenstar pendant. I had braid waves, and had made the hair toy with two little combs and a lot of small chain!

maegquare
October 22nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Wow, nice progress and very pretty braids! :)

friskybiznus
October 22nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
very pretty! it's cool to see all the different stages of your hair! The tattoo rocks!

yellowchariot
October 22nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
That is way cool and so creative! :thumbsup:

ericthegreat
October 22nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
You are growing along beautifully Maddy! I love the new darker color, and I was right you do look just like Zooey Deschanel now that your hair is a dark brown!

The braids are very cool as well, and I know they will look even better the longer your hair grows!

pepperminttea
October 23rd, 2009, 07:51 AM
Wow, that's a lot of growth!

Love the tattoo. :)

WritergirlAD
October 23rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
You've made so much progress, wow! I always think its cool when people keep a timeline like that. I love your Lotr tattoo, too, and the pretty Arwen braids. I love Lord of the Rings :)

JamieLeigh
October 23rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Great braids, they look really cute on that length! :flower:

And awesome tat!!! :D

hmmm
October 23rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
I've been following your progress and I think it's very inspirational! I wish my hair was long enough to do that.
And I love your tattoo!!! I love the lord of the rings too, I even tried to learn Quenya once. Then of course I gave up because I'm a quitter like that. :P
I love your hair colour too, it suits you very well.

bigmama8
October 23rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Those braids are so cute! You are so lucky to look beautiful in any color of hair. Your hair is really growing fast too.

mellie
October 24th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Pretty braids! And so shiny!!!

windinherhair
October 24th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings too (the movies). You did a great job on Arwen's hairstyle! :thumbsup: That's a cool tattoo also! Congrats on the progress with your hair!

pixiedoo
October 24th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Wow!! That's some great growth and the braids look really cute :)

The LOTR tattoo is beautiful. I have been a huge LOTR fan since I read the books when I was about 9 years old and wanted to be an elf!! The films are amazing as well :)

Demetrue
October 24th, 2009, 06:48 PM
The Arwen braids are adorable and the elvish tattoo is totally cool!

Redheaded Raven
October 24th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Excellent progress your hair looks amazing, and I love the braids :D:cheese: